UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Cancelled my Evangelion UE set on Weds and had a prompt response confirming and actioning my refund. Have to say the update from the German distributor has reaffirmed I made the right choice.

Fortunately I had also ordered the Zavvi CE set, which arrived safely last week, so I've not missed out.

Wow, the things that are hidden to the average punter. That's very interesting.
But...
Premium item, yet... fix it yourself? 😬
Their explanation makes no sense, there's no such thing as television standards (NTSC/PAL) for Blu-Ray discs. So they're just avoiding the problem and putting the complaints under the carpet. In fact this was one of the whole point when HD arrived: get rid of anything NTSC or PAL, those obsolete standards which only existed for analog TV and more specifically electrical frequency reasons.

It baffles me how a Home Video distributor can be that clueless about its job.

Anyway, the Italian UE will hit the street next week and there should be review soon enough. some people may likely be tempted to get that packaging rather (and put those CE/basic discs in there).

With this amazing book? Oh, yes, come to me, he he :)

Speaking of Evangelion Ultimate and falling disc. If they put a bubble wrap between the plates, in my opinion, they wouldn't fall out so easily. It's that simple, and many discs would be saved. Sometimes I wonder why publishers can't predict certain things. Similar problems were with LotGH and the coins that fell out.

So what's the return situation for the UE sets? Any different than usual? I'm going to take a gamble on it, but if the slipcase or disk issues are as blatant as reports say, I plan on shipping it right back.

Does anyone know if the stuttering problem has a chance of being replicated on the UK disks. I mean our original tv source was PAL (whatever that means in the context of both blu rays or modern televisions), but I would assume we'd be sharing the same Justin Sevakis masters as the US?

I'm still incredibly unimpressed regarding the complete silence of the AL right up to the sets release. I can understand wanting further information or access to the physical sets before making a definitive call, but maintaining deliberate radio silence isn't exactly a move that inspires either confidence or trust that activity is being carried out behind the scenes. Maybe Andrew's too distracted pondering his orb...

Last edited:
At least there's a tiddy :p

Begone with your bountiful bosoms! Where's my darkly humorous, thematically ill-conceived disk covers that managed to be both entirely inappropriate, and yet perversely totally on-point at the same time? Those new disks just make Beladonna look like the story of a woman dealing with a giant mouth ulcer. It's just not the same.

Anime Limited may try to walk back on & attempt to erase their earlier design in the eyes of the public, but this is the army I go to war with, & I'll never forget the troops!

Cowards!

FEQcIwKXoAEXqvp.jpg

Begone with your bountiful bosoms! Where's my darkly humorous, thematically ill-conceived disk covers that managed to be both entirely inappropriate, and yet perversely totally on-point at the same time?

Anime Limited may try to walk back on & attempt to erase their earlier design in the eyes of the public, but this is the army I go to war with, & I'll never forget the troops!

Cowards!

View attachment 22102

I admire you for being willing to die on this hill of questionable inflatability :) 👍

Before I say anything else, I'm aware it's Christmas season AND COVID is still an issue. But what a piece of crap FedEx's tracking system is.

As I said earlier, the delivery promise I was given was today by 6pm. At 6:03pm the tracking changed to signify it was moving through their system and the tracker counts this as on schedule! So not only did it just float in a void for over 24 hours, their system is so busted it counts a late parcel as on time. Beyond stupid.

Before I say anything else, I'm aware it's Christmas season AND COVID is still an issue. But what a piece of crap FedEx's tracking system is.

As I said earlier, the delivery promise I was given was today by 6pm. At 6:03pm the tracking changed to signify it was moving through their system and the tracker counts this as on schedule! So not only did it just float in a void for over 24 hours, their system is so busted it counts a late parcel as on time. Beyond stupid.
This is what mine says lol was due Wednesday
702A92FD-32DC-4627-9C3A-24DA1063C897.jpeg

Back