The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Between this and Blue Reflection 2 being PS4-only on the Sony side of things, it looks like Gust have given up on PS5 for now. Ryza 2 was digital-only for PS5, so I guess they've written the platform off as not cost-effective yet with its current install base.
I wonder if this is because they're just re-using the older engine which probably wasn't optimised for PS5 yet. I understood why Ryza 2 was digital-only for PS5 because of the free upgrade (which basically meant buying a physical PS5 copy in Japan pointless in a sense).

That said, if they do make a Ryza 3, that will probably be a PS5 & Switch release next time. Japanese devs generally don't bother with new hardware for the first few years anyway (heck I'm still surprised NIS America is bringing the upcoming Falcom titles to PS4 in 2022 & 2023).

I wonder if this is because they're just re-using the older engine which probably wasn't optimised for PS5 yet.
That's possible, but I'm not sure if they are using the same engine as Sophie 1. Based on this article there will now be seamless transitions to battles, which is something even Ryza 2 didn't have. My best guess is they're just being pragmatic based on sales forecasts. Sophie is a fan-favourite, but Ryza is the franchise's biggest seller.

This is a surprise. Considering Gust's penchant for trilogies, it would have seemed a safe bet for the next Atelier game to be Ryza 3, but instead we're getting a sequel to Atelier Sophie.

Between this and Blue Reflection 2 being PS4-only on the Sony side of things, it looks like Gust have given up on PS5 for now. Ryza 2 was digital-only for PS5, so I guess they've written the platform off as not cost-effective yet with its current install base.

dos the Ps4 Disc Grant an upgrade ?

that being said theres ps5 disc version of that new tales game ....

If you mean Ryza 2, yes, you can download the PS5 upgrade for free with the PS4 disc.
Having downloaded the free PS5 upgrade I can see why they haven't announced a PS5 version of Sophie 2!
Ryza 2 PS5 is IDENTICAL to the PS4 version still runs at 30fps and everything, massively disappointing.
I'd guess Ryza 2 & Sophie 2 have been in development for a few years and Koei Tecmo just gave no resources to PS5 upgrades.

Having downloaded the free PS5 upgrade I can see why they haven't announced a PS5 version of Sophie 2!
Ryza 2 PS5 is IDENTICAL to the PS4 version still runs at 30fps and everything, massively disappointing.
I'd guess Ryza 2 & Sophie 2 have been in development for a few years and Koei Tecmo just gave no resources to PS5 upgrades.

is there like nothing they Bothered to Improve ?

is there like nothing they Bothered to Improve ?
I had the PS4 & PS5 version installed at the same time and could tell no difference whatsoever.
FPS, textures, draw distance all exactly the same as far as I could tell. They may have patched it but I highly doubt it. If you've already started Ryza 2 on PS4 like I had there is really no need to bother with the PS5 version unless you plan on collecting all the trophies again as its a separate list.

Do like me a Dark fantasy mystery game 🔍

logo_raincode.png
Spike Chunsoft and TooKyo Games Unveil New Project! Enigma Archives: RAIN CODE, a new dark fantasy mystery game, is being co-developed with Tookyo Games, the creative team behind the hit Danganronpa series. Details to be announced.

Hi all,

Earlier this year I bought Gun Gal Returns because I liked the look of the contents of the Birthday Suit edition??

Haven't opened it yet and I don't own a game system 😀. Sold the game.

Now I'm on Funstocks mailing list I see they've got a Double Peace edition. Of course I'm interested.

If anything like this has came out before,
Can anyone tell me what the expected size of the plushies might be?

Hi all,

Earlier this year I bought Gun Gal Returns because I liked the look of the contents of the Birthday Suit edition??

Haven't opened it yet and I don't own a game system 😀. Sold the game.

Now I'm on Funstocks mailing list I see they've got a Double Peace edition. Of course I'm interested.

If anything like this has came out before,
Can anyone tell me what the expected size of the plushies might be?
I own the games on the PC, but don't own any for the Switch and so I pre-ordered the ultimate trinity set which includes all three physical games for the Switch. According to the details on funstock page the plushies are 15cm tall each.

If you own a PS5 or Xbox Series console, make sure you download The Matrix Awakens. It's a free tech demo showing off the capabilities of the new Unreal Engine 5, and it's jaw-dropping. This is the generational leap that has been missing from the games released on the new consoles so far, and it's promising to see this running in real time on the actual consoles instead of some mystery super-specced PC. I won't post a video of it here because I don't want to spoil the surprises it pulls.

Official replacement faceplates for the PS5 are finally inbound in 2022. There are black ones as you would expect, but the other colour options are... unexpected, let's put it that way.
The sensible part of me is saying to just get the black ones so I don't have to worry about the default white ones yellowing over time, but... I'm weirdly tempted by the thought of a hot pink PS5.

Back