UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I see Silver Spoon CE is 2 amaray, and I already have the Part 1 and 2 digipak sets, so there won't be any need for me to double dip on that one. Perhaps I'll get Seraph of the End instead. Wish they showed the inside packaging for more of the titles, to see what else has digipaks.

Lighting the @NormanicGrav signal so we can get nostradamus-tier predictions for the mystery boxes 💡
Anime / Year Released:
2019​
2020​
2021​
5 Centimeters per Second
Note: Steelbook version
Y
Birthday Wonderland
Y
Children of the Sea
Y
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1
Y
The Dragon Dentist
Y
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Y
Fullmetal Alchemist (2003 series) Part 1
Note: 2020 re-release version
Y
K Season 1
Y
Magic Knight Rayearth Part 1
Y
MEGALO BOX
Y
Penguin Highway
Y
Planetes
Y
Plastic Memories Part 1
Y
The Promised Neverland Season 1
Y
Revolutionary Girl Utena Part 1
Y
Ride Your Wave
Y
Summer Days With Coo
Y
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Part 1
Y
Tamako Market & Love Story
Y
Terror in Resonance
Y
Violet Evergarden
Y

If I had to pick eight (since there's 4 per 2 boxes), I would say:
  • 5 Centimeters per Second Steelbook
  • Birthday Wonderland
  • Children of the Sea
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1
  • Magic Knight Rayearth Part 1
  • MEGALOBOX
  • The Promised Neverland Season 1
  • Summer Days With Coo

New standard editions

EDIT: Violet Evergarden Amazon listing

Seems to be series+OVA discs only.

Last edited:
It hurts my brain thinking Invisible Victory came out in 2021!
I think because it took them so long to get it out the door I just assume it came out about 3yrs ago!!!

Anime / Year Released:
2019​
2020​
2021​
5 Centimeters per Second
Note: Steelbook version
Y
Birthday Wonderland
Y
Children of the Sea
Y
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1
Y
The Dragon Dentist
Y
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Y
Fullmetal Alchemist (2003 series) Part 1
Note: 2020 re-release version
Y
K Season 1
Y
Magic Knight Rayearth Part 1
Y
MEGALO BOX
Y
Penguin Highway
Y
Planetes
Y
Plastic Memories Part 1
Y
The Promised Neverland Season 1
Y
Revolutionary Girl Utena Part 1
Y
Ride Your Wave
Y
Summer Days With Coo
Y
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Part 1
Y
Tamako Market & Love Story
Y
Terror in Resonance
Y
Violet Evergarden
Y

If I had to pick eight (since there's 4 per 2 boxes), I would say:
  • 5 Centimeters per Second Steelbook
  • Birthday Wonderland
  • Children of the Sea
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1
  • Magic Knight Rayearth Part 1
  • MEGALOBOX
  • The Promised Neverland Season 1
  • Summer Days With Coo

🙏

So. Normally, there should be like a complete series, part of a series, a movie and something else per box, right? It's annoying because there's about 50/50 chances that I get a lot of stuff I want but also a lot of stuff I have 0 interest in...

Thinking of the last box, there was a cool mix, but out of your 8 possible picks, only 3 interest me, and they sure as hell won't be in the same box.

Do you know if items in the boxes get individual discounts during the sale or not?

still annoyed i missed out on the EB for VE, i wouldn't mind watching the series in 5.1

Honestly sounds like a prime example for an Early Bird redux... Which I'm guessing will be integrated into general discounts this year, going by the blog post.

Last edited:
About the predictions;
I kind of suspect the 5 Centimeters Per Second steelbook (and the Children Who Chase Lost Voices one) won't be in a sale any time soon, as the are exclusives with Zavvi, and I don't think I've ever seen any kind of discount on them on Zavvi yet, hope I'm wrong about that though, although I'd much prefer them to be on sale outside the mystery boxes

Also would be surprised if Demon Slayer part 1 was in there, can't see them giving up on getting a high price for that one just yet, especially with all the hype around the movie, I think it's more likely to be in the general sale at an okay-ish price, and maybe available with the 2nd part at the early bird price again.

Plastic Memories part 1 seems unlikely too seeing as it's only 7 episodes of a 13 episode series, and as the outer box for the two parts comes with part 1, I'd consider that a rather cheeky inclusion, that said I wouldn't really put it past them. :p

Honestly sounds like a prime example for an Early Bird redux... Which I'm guessing will be integrated into general discounts this year, going by the blog post.
I may be misremembering, but I think the early bird redux offers in the past were only for stuff that had an early bird offer before but had not yet released?
That would rule out Violet Evergarden, if so...

As no one else has really commented on it, I'm I the only one rather underwhelmed by the Cardcapter Sakura release?
I'm guessing, as it's such a kid-friendly show, but with a rather large 70 episodes, they choose a simpler release over a more expensive one so as to not scare off too many parents with the price or something, but ehh...

About the predictions;
I kind of suspect the 5 Centimeters Per Second steelbook (and the Children Who Chase Lost Voices one) won't be in a sale any time soon, as the are exclusives with Zavvi, and I don't think I've ever seen any kind of discount on them on Zavvi yet, hope I'm wrong about that though, although I'd much prefer them to be on sale outside the mystery boxes

Also would be surprised if Demon Slayer part 1 was in there, can't see them giving up on getting a high price for that one just yet, especially with all the hype around the movie, I think it's more likely to be in the general sale at an okay-ish price, and maybe available with the 2nd part at the early bird price again.

Plastic Memories part 1 seems unlikely too seeing as it's only 7 episodes of a 13 episode series, and as the outer box for the two parts comes with part 1, I'd consider that a rather cheeky inclusion, that said I wouldn't really put it past them. :p

Of those, the first is the only one I want. I have the second and have no interest in the third release.

For the second release you're mentioning, I wouldn't be too surprised to find it in one of the boxes. It's hugely popular but last I checked, it was readily available everywhere, so they probably have a considerable number of copies. We'll see!

I may be misremembering, but I think the early bird redux offers in the past were only for stuff that had an early bird offer before but had not yet released?
That would rule out Violet Evergarden, if so...

Didn't know it was the case, I thought it would just be EB prices for recently released products. Yup, that rules it out, then!

As no one else has really commented on it, I'm I the only one rather underwhelmed by the Cardcapter Sakura release?
I'm guessing, as it's such a kid-friendly show, but with a rather large 70 episodes, they choose a simpler release over a more expensive one so as to not scare off too many parents with the price or something, but ehh...

I actually did earlier on, but I'm with you. I expected more but I'm happy to be able to get it in English from a 4k scan. It definitely deserved more, it's one my favorite series. And from those 20 pages, we can see Andrew Osmond wrote an article so that's probably like 4/5 pages less for artwork and such.

I wonder if it was too expensive to negotiate materials or they don't predict it selling enough to justify the costs of obtaining more stuff be able to create a better CE, with a big illustration covering a digipak?

i think it was supposed to be going on some sort of redux in april but it never happened which i think was when i planned on buying it

The CE only covers the 70 episode TV series (from the looks of it it's probably 7 episodes per disc).

Also, Anime Limited currently don't have the rights to the first film (they have the second).
Plus, the series and the movies are on different licenses, due to different licensors.

TV Series: NHK
First Movie: Bandai Visual (now Bandai Namco Arts)
Second Movie: Kodansha (same licensor as Clear Card, already released by Funimanga)

The US CE sets are shipping from Rightstuf today as well, although I bought the UK CE instead when it was on sale, and also received mine a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
Back