What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I received one UK import today, the first partial shipment from an AOL order with 4 pre-order items, each releasing about a month apart. I'm not really sure why I bought the LE when I already own the UE with the wooden box; I just decided to toss it into the order with the other titles.

Miss Hokusai Limited Edition Combi

hokusaiukle.jpg

I got a new copy of Paprika in the post today. I sold a lot of my collection a few years back when I was strapped for cash, and one of the things I'm trying to do at the moment is get all the Satoshi Kon movies and Paranoia Agent back. Also got my collectors edition of Perfect Blue again this week. Gonna probably go Blu-ray for all of them except Millennium Actress which has that 4K set available. Noticed that this release is Manga, they must have obtained the UK sublicense off Sony at some point.

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_160201~2.jpg
    IMG_20211121_160201~2.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 1
Noticed that this release is Manga, they must have obtained the UK sublicense off Sony at some point.
That's right. Manga had a few titles sub-licensed from Sony - Cowboy Bebop the Movie, Steamboy, and Tokyo Godfathers. The latter is out of print I believe but it's worth holding off anyway because it got re-released in North America with a 4K restoration and an English dub (the film will also stream on Netflix in December).

That's right. Manga had a few titles sub-licensed from Sony - Cowboy Bebop the Movie, Steamboy, and Tokyo Godfathers. The latter is out of print I believe but it's worth holding off anyway because it got re-released in North America with a 4K restoration and an English dub (the film will also stream on Netflix in December).
Ooo, that's some very good intel thank you! Since 4K discs are all region free anyway, doesn't that mean I could just order this US 4K disc then?

Ooo, that's some very good intel thank you! Since 4K discs are all region free anyway, doesn't that mean I could just order this US 4K disc then?
Sadly GKIDS only released the film on a regular Blu-ray disc (a lot of 4K restorations tend to do this so it's quite normal). I wouldn't be surprised if a 4K Ultra HD release does happen in the future (since they did release Weathering With You on 4K also), so I would say 'never say never' on that in the meantime.

Like people thought Belladonna of Sadness and Future Boy Conan wouldn't get 4K Ultra HD releases and now they're happening.

Sadly GKIDS only released the film on a regular Blu-ray disc (a lot of 4K restorations tend to do this so it's quite normal). I wouldn't be surprised if a 4K Ultra HD release does happen in the future (since they did release Weathering With You on 4K also), so I would say 'never say never' on that in the meantime.

Like people thought Belladonna of Sadness and Future Boy Conan wouldn't get 4K Ultra HD releases and now they're happening.
Interesting. I might hold off on Tokyo Godfathers then since I do still have the DVD. I'll just get the rest of them for now.

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

View attachment 21738

View attachment 21737

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

Just adding blu-rays to the collection as usual.
IMG_20211120_191124.jpg

A lil merch here and there.
IMG_20211120_191217.jpg

Now this has got to be the package of the year for me. After long debating I decided to dip for this absolute knock out of a smartphone 😍 Hands down this has to be the sexiest mobile phone I've ever owned to date (2nd being OPPO Reno 10x Zoom Barca Edi). Now I get to wake the **** up and be a SAMURAI on the go ⚔️
IMG20211121111944.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_221546.jpg
    IMG_20211121_221546.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG20211121111714.jpg
    IMG20211121111714.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 11
I was fortunate enough to win a recent Funimation x Funko Pop competition / giveaway making that the second competition I've won from Funimation (the first being winning £150.00 worth of anime when they were still Manga UK).

Anyway, what I won was Fruits Basket Season 2 Part 2, a Funko Pop of Kyo with his cat form and art cards signed by the Japanese cast. The e-mail said they'd be sent individually, so only the Blu-Ray has arrived today.

I was originally planning on waiting for complete season sets beforehand though. Would have loved the Limited Edition's but there were higher priority anime purchases at the time.

received_388844639603841.jpeg

Back