UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I got this response:

Please note we do have some stock available for the Neon Genesis Evangelion – Zavvi Exclusive Collector's Edition Blu-ray. Therefore your order has entered the dispatch process.

It is due to be dispatched soon. once dispatched, you will receive a confirmation email with the estimated delivery timerrscales

I'm reading this as "we didn't get enough stock to fulfill every order but charged them all anyway". Why they would do this I don't know, but I'm not happy about it.

I got this response:

Please note we do have some stock available for the Neon Genesis Evangelion – Zavvi Exclusive Collector's Edition Blu-ray. Therefore your order has entered the dispatch process.

It is due to be dispatched soon. once dispatched, you will receive a confirmation email with the estimated delivery timerrscales

I'm reading this as "we didn't get enough stock to fulfill every order but charged them all anyway". Why they would do this I don't know, but I'm not happy about it.
You're talking about an item that you'll be receiving a month before its offical release date. Those of us who ordered the UE were charged £180-£200 in August and won't be getting those for another month yet (assuming it doesn't get delayed). A little perspective, please.

Situation is slightly different. Payment is taken with no dispatch e-mails or account updates, yet some people are receiving their copies.

Not knowing whether your item is actually posted or not, if it’s in transit, if it’s been lost in transit, especially when it’s a LE release which has already been sold out. You can’t help but contemplate the possibility of never actually getting what you’ve paid for, and missing your chance completely.

I also got a reply back too:

"I apologize for the delay in dispatching your order.

Neon Genesis Evangelion – Zavvi Exclusive Collector's Edition Blu-ray is due to be released on 06/12/2021.

However, we do have some stock available at the moment, hence the reason you have been charged as your item has entered the dispatch process and will be dispatched soon.

I can confirm that your order is processing and will be dispatched as soon as it is ready.

As I'm sure you can understand, we are now in a very busy time of the year, and some of our orders can take a little longer to be dispatched."

As long as I know it hasn't actually been sent yet, and it's not lost in transit. I'm okay waiting a bit.

Situation is slightly different. Payment is taken with no dispatch e-mails or account updates, yet some people are receiving their copies.

Not knowing whether your item is actually posted or not, if it’s in transit, if it’s been lost in transit, especially when it’s a LE release which has already been sold out. You can’t help but contemplate the possibility of never actually getting what you’ve paid for, and missing your chance completely.
Yeah that was my main reason for contacting them. Knowing people had received them with their orders still processing, like mine, made me wonder all sorts.

Hypothetically, If it was lost in transit and it's a sold out item, then I'd guess it would be difficult to get a replacement just like that?

You're talking about an item that you'll be receiving a month before its offical release date. Those of us who ordered the UE were charged £180-£200 in August and won't be getting those for another month yet (assuming it doesn't get delayed). A little perspective, please.
Here's my perspective: I ordered from Zavvi knowing that I wouldn't have to pay in advance and would know when my order was dispatched. People have received copies with no update to their order status. As mentioned in a previous message, I don't care about getting it early.

If you decide to throw 200 quid at AL months before release, that's on you.

Last edited:
I'm just assuming at this point its been marked as Stock Arrived so all orders have been charged like normal

Only to then not have enough stock arrive to ship all the orders in one go

Zavvi CS just do their usual response of /Thats what the system says, lets copy paste a reply/ (Everyone seems to be getting similar replies looking above)

Only thing I'm not sure about is why dispatched sets are still processing. I dont use Zavvi much but sounds like someones messed up or its been released as one consignment and clicking Dispatched will mark all orders as dispatched

1636457279244.png
Apparently Zavvi's Customer Service Team is drunk or something cause my name isn't Nicholas (I'm a woman and my name starts with letter P) and my e-mail to them was about not getting shipping notification from them regarding the NGE blu-ray. And what does "push the order" mean?

Now now: Goto, Ataru. Best not to misdirect thine irritation over squares paid for months in advance and Zavvi being useless in an entirely different way to Anime Limited direct. Zavvi cummeth early, followed by incompetence. Andrew, bless his Scottish soul, has a good heart. And cums late. Whilst ignoring anything not about conventions and treating pre-orders like Kickstarter is far from ideal, in truth that is neither here nor there, so please let us not go off topic and forget what matters most.

People that paid £200 for a better edition later are unhappy. People that used Zavvi to evade paying £200 as part of some bank interest gaining plot are unhappy to be charged without getting. Life is cruel... and Zavvi are hopeless if you ever contact customer support. These are truths of the world. Last I dealt with them, was trying to return something and needed specul authorisation. I'd talk to multiple people, each clueless about the other, or what's going on. That was years ago. Seemingly little has changed...
All I can offer are these sage words: wait, and hold out hope. 👌

Last edited:
View attachment 21606
Apparently Zavvi's Customer Service Team is drunk or something cause my name isn't Nicholas (I'm a woman and my name starts with letter P) and my e-mail to them was about not getting shipping notification from them regarding the NGE blu-ray. And what does "push the order" mean?
Zavvi's customer service is always drunk. Last month I had 2 packages delivered to the wrong address, I put that on Hermes more than Zavvi though, but I emailed them to say they'd left a picture of it outside, somewhere that wasn't my house, while it was raining heavily.
They responded with a 'sorry to hear you haven't received your package, it'll be dispatched soon'.
I replied to their email saying they didn't actually read my email and just sent a standard response, so I'd be contacting my bank to get my money back.
They replied to that within an hour and had Hermes go to wherever they'd left it and bring it to the correct address. TWICE that happened in one week. 🤦‍♂️

Zavvi's customer service is always drunk. Last month I had 2 packages delivered to the wrong address, I put that on Hermes more than Zavvi though, but I emailed them to say they'd left a picture of it outside, somewhere that wasn't my house, while it was raining heavily.
They responded with a 'sorry to hear you haven't received your package, it'll be dispatched soon'.
I replied to their email saying they didn't actually read my email and just sent a standard response, so I'd be contacting my bank to get my money back.
They replied to that within an hour and had Hermes go to wherever they'd left it and bring it to the correct address. TWICE that happened in one week. 🤦‍♂️
Still baffled by the decision to make the CE zavvi exclusive.

The subtitled screenings at my local Odeon are usually pretty full of people, but not at the local Showcase. And it seems to only be Showcase doing the subtitled version; sadly my local didn’t make the cut.
When I saw Lupin III at the Showcase in Blue Water the board listed separate dub and sub screenings for Mugen Train that same night.

Back