UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

@anime_andrew or @Hanners are you able to do something about the fact that the "Anime that make us cry" and "In conversation with Anime Ltd" screening at comic this weekend are scheduled to take place at the exact same time. Pretty sure theres a lot of people who would want to see both, myself included, and it just seems very weird for them to clash.

Apologies if this was said before, I'm having a brain fart moment. Is AL doing another digital event this year?
Going over the MCM schedule that seem to be doing 3 virtual premieres- a Belle documentary, Anime That Makes Us Cry and In Conversation With. The former is airing Friday lunchtime, the other 2 Saturday evening concurrently on different screens. Awkwardly.

I think Cloud Matsuri might have gone the way of Screen Anime.

Email recieved regarding InuYasha Season 1 Collector's Edition, delayed

We're contacting you to make you aware that due to delays in elements of the production of this item, the release date of this product has moved to 29th November 2021.

...bruh, did Andrew really just stealth delay only anime I want this year that I haven't watched... and isn't a square!? If Eva is delayed~

Good thing - thanks to a suggestion by a fabulous individual - I now only pre-order AL things from United Publications. Even with shipping, they're cheaper than the 'early birdies', given Anime Unlimited 10% tax. F*** birds, dogs and cats. Black Lagoon was £41. And Josei's Fish £26. And they don't charge until ship. And and I don't get angry over delays.

United Publications - Black Lagoon Complete Series - Limited Edition (Hyb) Blu-Ray
United Publications - Josee, the Tiger and the Fish - Collector's Edition + CD (Hyb) Blu-Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
...bruh, did Andrew really just stealth delay only anime I want this year that I haven't watched... and isn't a square!? If Eva is delayed~

Good thing - thanks to a suggestion by a fabulous individual - I now only pre-order AL things from United Publications. Even with shipping, they're cheaper than the 'early birdies', given Anime Unlimited 10% tax. F*** birds, dogs and cats. Black Lagoon was £41. And Josei's Fish £26. And they don't charge until ship. And and I don't get angry over delays.

United Publications - Black Lagoon Complete Series - Limited Edition (Hyb) Blu-Ray
United Publications - Josee, the Tiger and the Fish - Collector's Edition + CD (Hyb) Blu-Ray

Have you never heard of Anime On Line?

Going over the MCM schedule that seem to be doing 3 virtual premieres- a Belle documentary, Anime That Makes Us Cry and In Conversation With. The former is airing Friday lunchtime, the other 2 Saturday evening concurrently on different screens. Awkwardly.

Unfortunately in terms of scheduling we don't have control over what airs where at MCM sadly - but as far as I am aware both will be available online after. Hope that helps and we'll definitely remind the fine folks there that people generally may want to see both and can't clone themselves to go to both at once in person!

I think Cloud Matsuri might have gone the way of Screen Anime.

Nah - it's still about and currently got stuff coming up in November alongside our (now usual) 12 Days of Christmas video. So stay tuned, wanted to mull over the best format for that kind of event now we live in a time where there's more going on outside again to contend with.

This fell down as instead of a crammed weekend, a more relaxed week of events with one or two per evening kind of more like what this year's E3 / Gamescom online were like.

Best,

AP
--

@anime_andrew or @Hanners are you able to do something about the fact that the "Anime that make us cry" and "In conversation with Anime Ltd" screening at comic this weekend are scheduled to take place at the exact same time. Pretty sure theres a lot of people who would want to see both, myself included, and it just seems very weird for them to clash.

We've flagged it I'm pretty certain this side but will check - it's certainly not ideal even if they are airing online as well! Will remind them that folks in person do generally like the option to see the same company's panels during an event if they can and if we were in person this year, we couldn't be in two places at once 😅

Unfortunately in terms of scheduling we don't have control over what airs where at MCM sadly - but as far as I am aware both will be available online after. Hope that helps and we'll definitely remind the fine folks there that people generally may want to see both and can't clone themselves to go to both at once in person!

Nah - it's still about and currently got stuff coming up in November alongside our (now usual) 12 Days of Christmas video. So stay tuned, wanted to mull over the best format for that kind of event now we live in a time where there's more going on outside again to contend with.

This fell down as instead of a crammed weekend, a more relaxed week of events with one or two per evening kind of more like what this year's E3 / Gamescom online were like.

Best,

AP
--
Appreciate you have no say on scheduling but you think it'd be common sense to not have demographic content clash so often. Recalling for instance the time a Tanya the Evil screening ran alongside the AL panel, splitting both audiences.

For arguments sake if they had one anime event at one point followed by a 1-2 hour break followed by the next, that keeps people on site for longer and in the downtime they'd likely do some shopping. Everybody wins! (Or as much as they can under capitalism...)

Back