The General Conversation Area

From looking at the damage it does look like it's more likely to be water damage.
If they did use the heat gun there would be visible damage on the case too as shown in this picture.
Yet you did state that there was some scratch damage to the case, so its not out of the scope that they have been resealed. View attachment 21063
Thanks for sharing that. Yeah it's nowhere near as noticeable as that. I only didn't include a photo of the case because the marks are hardly visible unless you shine a torch directly on them. Water damage seems far more likely, especially because when you look much closer at it you can see what looks like stains.

As mentioned last night on Discord and Twitter, I finally managed to secure a new job. I've been unemployed this past year thanks to lockdown stalling the job hunt for the most part.

Nino_wow_1.gif

The role is only for half a year, but I'm perfectly fine with that. The pay is better than the previous job and I'll remain living at home than live independently (last job I lived independently so I got the general gist of how paying bills and tax works). As such the extra funds can be used for savings and of course - the hauls. In terms of travel, I will be driving there but not immediately since I hadn't driven in three years but I did make an attempt today around the area and was mostly a success so I'll probably get used to it a lot sooner than expected.

Payday is going to occur on the 5th day of each month (than say the 25th like my last job did), so my hauls will need to be adjusted to fit that. That means I will have to wait until November before I can go on a massive spending spree, but I have enough money saved for any Anime Ltd early birds or various items for October's haul.

Last edited:
As mentioned last night on Discord and Twitter, I finally managed to secure a new job. I've been unemployed this past year thanks to lockdown stalling the job hunt for the most part.

Nino_wow_1.gif

The role is only for half a year, but I'm perfectly fine with that. The pay is better than the previous job and I'll remain living at home than live independently (last job I lived independently so I gave the general gist of how paying bills and tax works). As such the extra funds can be used for savings and of course - the hauls. In terms of travel, I will be driving there but not immediately since I hadn't driven in three years but I did make an attempt today around the area and was mostly a success so I'll probably get used to it a lot sooner than expected.

Payday is going to occur on the 5th day of each month (than say the 25th like my last job did), so my hauls will need to be adjusted to fit that. That means I will have to wait until November before I can go on a massive spending spree, but I have enough money saved for any Anime Ltd early birds or various items for October's haul.
Congrats on the new job man

Only 10 days left on the Rightstuf Aria the Masterpiece reprinting campaign and it's currently only at 75% of the required copies ordered. Hopefully lots of people decide to order it approaching the deadline else there won't be any reprints at all if it doesn't hit the target.

Only 10 days left on the Rightstuf Aria the Masterpiece reprinting campaign and it's currently only at 75% of the required copies ordered. Hopefully lots of people decide to order it approaching the deadline else there won't be any reprints at all if it doesn't hit the target.
I signed up on 2 different email accounts (because I forgot I only had 2 not 3 volumes), but haven't heard anything about this. Can you provide a link?

$50 shipping f that. Vol 4 is still available here, but cutting 1 vol only saves $2.50. Buying the full set is only $30 though! But obviously still makes it more than the 5 plus shipping.

$50 shipping f that. Vol 4 is still available here, but cutting 1 vol only saves $2.50. Buying the full set is only $30 though! But obviously still makes it more than the 5 plus shipping.
Yeah I think it really depends on what volumes you're missing, whether they're still available and their usual price on the second-hand market. Given volume 5 usually goes anywhere between £100 to £200 on eBay I'm happy enough to pay Rightstuf's absurd shipping for once.

Yeah I think it really depends on what volumes you're missing, whether they're still available and their usual price on the second-hand market. Given volume 5 usually goes anywhere between £100 to £200 on eBay I'm happy enough to pay Rightstuf's absurd shipping for once.
I've also ordered volume 5 to complete my collection, because even including the high shipping fees and prepaying import tax buying it's still far cheaper than buying elsewhere.

Just had to email Wordery as a manga I pre-ordered which was released last Tuesday still hasn't been dispatched and down to its "last few" on its page. Never happened before, so hopefully the email will get it resolved. Just got an automated email back saying they received it and I'll get a response within 24 hours.
Meanwhile my pre-orders out today from Bookwalker are on my list, boom ready to be downloaded.

Anyone going to London comic con I got priority tickets for Friday. I printed out the receipt but it does not have a barcode only a qr code. is there anything else I need to do?

LOL, f**king knew this would happen. Yotsuba vol 15 was down to "last few" when I ordered it. Got a dispatch email this morning and lo and behold it wasn't sent and is now "out of stock"!
I'm guessing as it's brand new it's not like the Aria situation and more will turn up, but there's still supply problems, so I've no idea how long it will be.

I was going to make my own thread for this but not sure it would help anyone else

Until recently the only Digital Manga I've owned (excluding a few I purchased a few years ago) is the Terrifying Tales Kodansha Bundle from HumbleBundle. All of those were Comicbook Files, so the only reader I've used on my tablet has been Moon Reader

Now I've got a few Comixology / Kobo books and trying to read them is kinda annoying.

I hold my tablet with my right hand, and clicking on the right hand of the screen gives the warning "This book was designed to be read Right to Left, to go forward click the left hand of the screen"

As you can imagine, holding a tablet in my right hand... Tapping the left side of the screen is near on impossible and swiping forward is kinda distracting

So... How can you make Comixology and Kobo apps stop being stupid and have a right tap = progress the manga just like Moon Reader does

-----

Wish companies would stop using DRM like this... Just give people Comicbook files so I can read all my manga easily. Only reason I'm buying Manga this way is because physical manga seems to be going OOP super quick recently

I was going to make my own thread for this but not sure it would help anyone else

Until recently the only Digital Manga I've owned (excluding a few I purchased a few years ago) is the Terrifying Tales Kodansha Bundle from HumbleBundle. All of those were Comicbook Files, so the only reader I've used on my tablet has been Moon Reader

Now I've got a few Comixology / Kobo books and trying to read them is kinda annoying.

I hold my tablet with my right hand, and clicking on the right hand of the screen gives the warning "This book was designed to be read Right to Left, to go forward click the left hand of the screen"

As you can imagine, holding a tablet in my right hand... Tapping the left side of the screen is near on impossible and swiping forward is kinda distracting

So... How can you make Comixology and Kobo apps stop being stupid and have a right tap = progress the manga just like Moon Reader does

-----

Wish companies would stop using DRM like this... Just give people Comicbook files so I can read all my manga easily. Only reason I'm buying Manga this way is because physical manga seems to be going OOP super quick recently
Some comics on comixology have a function where you double tap a panel and it zooms in to fill the screen with that panel and then when you swipe it goes through the panels in order. It does seem comic/publisher dependant though but some of your purchases may work that way.

Back