UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I prefer subs for most anime, but I watched the dubbed VHS tapes of Eva so many times that it's hardwired into my brain.

I'm concerned that they don't specifically state whether the discs with the ADV dubs use the HD video masters or if they're old DVD masters, but with half the stock gone after an hour there wasn't time to wait around for an answer, so I've pre-ordered it. If it turns out those bonus discs with the old dub are upscales or SD, I might cancel it.
This was exactly my thinking too.

Somewhat happy and sad that my price prediction was spot on.
Already said this was never going to be for me and to be honest really not a fan of the style. Disappointed the ADV dub is locked to this set but I understand, extra discs extra money. I've still got the Platinum dvds so if I ever feel the need haha

Also wtf?
Screenshot_20210819-181734_Chrome.jpg
AL doing the whole 'yeah baby, we got a cheaper edition planned but we ain't telling you s#it about that until this has sold out and you can no longer make an informed decision on which you'd prefer'.

Somewhat happy and sad that my price prediction was spot on.
Already said this was never going to be for me and to be honest really not a fan of the style. Disappointed the ADV dub is locked to this set but I understand, extra discs extra money. I've still got the Platinum dvds so if I ever feel the need haha

Also wtf?
AL doing the whole 'yeah baby, we got a cheaper edition planned but we ain't telling you s#it about that until this has sold out and you can no longer make an informed decision on which you'd prefer'.
Miles has already said the information on the other editions will be released on the 30th, hence the new countdown.

It's actually episodes 21 to 24 that have a TV version and a director's cut, just so folks know.
Looks over at my old adv disks

Oh hey, you're right. I barely remember what was added to 21, although now that I think about it there were some additional scenes with Asuka builds up to her assault by the Angel (her breakdown in the bathroom & being told by Shinji that Kaiji was gone).

Miles has already said the information on the other editions will be released on the 30th, hence the new countdown.
Yup, my point was why wait until then? They know very well this edition will be sold out in 11 days so why wait to announce the standard? Maybe people on the fence would buy that instead and the Ultimate won't sell out as fast (it'll still sell out either way) so why remove the choice?

I'm intrigued as to what the "classic dub and subtitled versions" will turn out to be as, while it makes some sense to put the ADV dub on separate discs if they're going to keep it exclusive to the Ultimate Edition, why then would you also duplicate the Japanese track? Unless....there will be different standard editions for different dubs? Personally, hoping that it turns out that the classic subtitled versions are the broadcast masters I've been asking/hoping for.
I was thinking about this logic as well, but I realised what has probably happened is that only the Netflix dub and Netflix translation for Japanese audio can be used for all releases, while the Ultimate Edition is probably the only way to allow the ADV dub and ADV translation if that makes sense.

In my entire history of making Ultimate Editions - we've never had one that sold out before release date. This is helped by when planning the quantities for these editions, we always prefer to round up than round down especially with the well loved titles. Even when faced with extremely high demand for some of those Ultimate's, we always had units available on release day for purchase. I strongly believe this will follow that trend.

Looking forward to being around on the 19th to dig into more questions!

- Andrew
haha this aged well

Yeah as I thought this is a pass for me. I liked the show but not that much. I'll be potentially interested in the other editions they're gonna mention on 30th.
I don't particularly care about the dub. I've never seen it dubbed and not really interested in watching it dubbed, so these other editions might be up my alley.

Congrats on y'all getting your UE's! I'll be looking forward to all the pics on the what did you recieve today thread haha

Looks over at my old adv disks

Oh hey, you're right. I barely remember what was added to 21, although now that I think about it there were some additional scenes with Asuka builds up to her assault by the Angel (her breakdown in the bathroom & being told by Shinji that Kaiji was gone).
The main difference I can recall between OA and DC episode 22 is that in the Director's Cut version
Lillith's legs grow back when the lance is removed from her, which they don't in the original version.

Back