UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

They may sometimes bring a more recent one back just to start clearing some stock perhaps. It could be that it sold great on release but 6 months later it hasn't sold much, and this is a way to shift units that may be taking up space and that they want to at least get some money back for.
People may still buy it at full price. But they may have to wait a while for that to happen, and may be lost on their online store in contrast to people seeing it in a physical store.

Really enjoyed SYD. Honestly never thought we'd get it over here, so that's an instant buy for me. Hope we get the OVAs at some point too.

Owarimonogatari Part 3 arrived in the post this morning.

I'm a bit confused because they sent two copies and I only ordered one?

Last edited:
@MVM :
Most EU countries have cancelled their customs free tresholds - and most postal services charge extra handling fees.
Are their any plans to participate in the OSS (One Stop Shop VAT) programm to get the VAT collected by Anime on Line, resulting in no additional handling fees by postal services.

If not (that would be sad): Any option to avoid partial shipments?

@MVM :
Most EU countries have cancelled their customs free tresholds - and most postal services charge extra handling fees.
Are their any plans to participate in the OSS (One Stop Shop VAT) programm to get the VAT collected by Anime on Line, resulting in no additional handling fees by postal services.

If not (that would be sad): Any option to avoid partial shipments?
The IOSS system would involve us registering for VAT in Europe.

Given that the vast majority of our business is UK this is not something that would make economic or administrative sense for us.

You now pay the Ex-VAT price to us and so are liable to VAT on import - although it is possible every packet may not be picked up by your tax authority.

As to any additional local fee it is a regrettable additional cost outside of our control.

Rightstuf registered via IOSS, and it is expected that other may follow.
However I don't know how much administrative work this would cause for you. And currently most of us don't know how customs will be handled now.

But at least: As most countries charge these additional fees per parcel, an option to opt-out partial shipment would at least help to reduce these fees for customers who prefer waiting instead.

Didn't this come out like 10 years ago??
Don't get me wrong I think its great they're releasing older shows!
Hopefully opens the door to others that didn't get a blu ray here like Mayo Chiki & Haganai!!
I had to look it up because I've never heard of it. It's a 2013 show with a score 6.57 on MAL! A bit underwhelming.

Back