What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

IMAG0172.jpg
It's a massive pain how quickly games go out of print now. If you play anything other than the most mainstream AAA titles, the days of waiting until a game's price drops are over. Astral Chain is less than two years old and out of print (I managed to get a sealed copy on eBay). JRPGs from Atlus routinely go out of print after a year. And, in what may be a new record, the UK version of 13 Sentinels seems to have gone out of print after a mere 9 months. No wonder my FOMO is in constant overdrive these days.

View attachment 19560
All from this week, with Akira being partially refunded as it has a dent in the spine

I love some of Kobayashi's other movies, but I couldn't get into The Human Condition and gave up two-thirds of the way through the trilogy. It's just a non-stop barrage of the main character being beaten up and abused while trying to do the right thing, and gets so repetitive. The only thing that changes between the movies is the location.

x8GE4jqh.jpg

V9UwxH1h.jpg

jqvZOT2h.jpg

Zc6rHkqh.jpg

lvAX8PMh.jpg

6oix5AVh.jpg

The final item of my Birthday haul finally arrived, and it is Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs on Blu-ray from MVM Entertainment. An Aniplex series that surprisingly did not get released on home video in the US, so MVM in a rare occasion handled it themselves. While Anohana's outcome was not the greatest, I was told Yuuna looked better than expected and since I like this particular series (as you can tell from the Yuuna expression screencaps I had used over the years, though Sagiri is my favourite) I wanted to own it on Blu-ray regardless. The recent DOTW was perfect timing for the haul.

For those tech folks curious:
  • Japanese audio is Linear PCM 2.0.
  • Subtitles are yellow, locked during playback, doesn't include lyrics.
  • Menus are really good, has different clips between the two discs.
  • No on-disc extras.
  • 6 episode split between each BD-50 disc.
  • Episodes are based on the Japanese Blu-ray releases i.e. are uncensored.
  • Region B locked.
SZ2mzNNh.jpg

mUGcmc4h.jpg

cN962dKh.jpg
qCJyoT6h.jpg

Also arrived today is Gravity Rush 2 for the PlayStation 4. The game has been going up in value so I decided to get a pre-owned copy from CeX. The condition was not the greatest but you get what you get.

RLwI2kVh.jpg

8YMsZgxh.jpg

LfDN3Hfh.jpg

Plus, another manga series joins the book collection with Prison School omnibus volume 1 from Yen Press. Originally planned to be acquired a few months ago, the first volume had been out of stock for a while. It's going to be a bit tedious to try and get all 14 omnibus books considering what happened with Sekirei, but Yen has insisted they plan to reprint one of the volumes that's currently out of stock at the moment so I decided to jump now before it's too late. My estimation to own the whole series is likely to be by the end of Summer.

I love some of Kobayashi's other movies, but I couldn't get into The Human Condition and gave up two-thirds of the way through the trilogy. It's just a non-stop barrage of the main character being beaten up and abused while trying to do the right thing, and gets so repetitive. The only thing that changes between the movies is the location.
It was a blind buy for me, but it does sound like a break between the films is needed.

Received these three titles from Rightstuf Yesterday:

Sword Art Online: Alicization War of Underworld (Aniplex Release)
The Wind Rises Steelbook
The Secret World of Arrietty Steelbook

windsaoarrietty.jpg

And here's a look at the front and back images of the two Aniplex Alicization boxsets side-by-side:

saoalicization1.jpg

saoalicization2.jpg

Kinda disappointed that the obi don't even match for the two sets - why one so wide and the other narrow? Must be Funimation rubbing off on them, through Sony...

Last edited:
Back