UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Manga/Funi have always done this though, delays is just there dumb way, the main reason I don't moan as much at them as I do at Al, Manga don't tend to do it to part 2s, so you'd buy part 1 and have to wait 6+ months to be able to watch any of it, for what is essentially a planning problem.
This seems to be over promising on LE merch, that they are possibly having difficulty sourcing. So essentially a planning problem, I don't know why UK anime distro has this issue still in the 21st century but alas it does.

Tbf in some cases like Golden Kamuy it's delayed due to something involving the Japanese license holder iirc. I wouldn't place all the blame on Funimation as I can imagine it's frustrating for them to keep having to delay things for reasons out of their control.
Understandable.
Universal shows like Kamuy, Hellsing, Shana and Raildex were pretty difficult to get.

What happened with Zeta was that Anime Limited managed to become a partner with Sunrise for France so it was delayed just to have discs that were used for both regions, rather than use Nozomi's discs for the UK.
Ah I see, yep if I was around back in those days I would most certainly have called BS as well.

What happened with Zeta was that Anime Limited managed to become a partner with Sunrise for France so it was delayed just to have discs that were used for both regions, rather than use Nozomi's discs for the UK.
Indeed. The issue there was that Zeta had not been previously released in France so needed to be translated and the company doing the work were taking the absolute p*ss and repeatedly missing delivery dates.

Indeed. The issue there was that Zeta had not been previously released in France so needed to be translated and the company doing the work were taking the absolute p*ss and repeatedly missing delivery dates.
Was that the same lovely team who make those poor blu-ray transfers by any chance?

Last edited:
Too much assumption here. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes and I very much doubt they were missing the dates on purpose.

Can't see the UK being that far behind (can always fire up the VPN 😉)
Screenshot_20210620-041145_Instagram.jpg
Now if only AL would strike while the hype train is hot (pun intended) and get that standard edition of season 1 out the door for all that casual cash!!
They are literally leaving money on the table and have been for months!! The fact they didn't get it out at least 2 months ago is crazy to me from a business stand point 🤷‍♂️

Now if only AL would strike while the hype train is hot (pun intended) and get that standard edition of season 1 out the door for all that casual cash!!
They are literally leaving money on the table and have been for months!! The fact they didn't get it out at least 2 months ago is crazy to me from a business stand point 🤷‍♂️
I think it's probably another case of Aniplex being Aniplex. A lot of their shows take a while for a standard release to show up.

I think it's probably another case of Aniplex being Aniplex. A lot of their shows take a while for a standard release to show up.
Could be yeah because they went through Aniplex direct which stopped Funimation getting it here.
But at the same time Madman did a standard edition 3 months before AL did their collector's so there's no way they couldn't have argued them like they did the box for both volumes....

Could be yeah because they went through Aniplex direct which stopped Funimation getting it here.
But at the same time Madman did a standard edition 3 months before AL did their collector's so there's no way they couldn't have argued them like they did the box for both volumes....
Huh didn't know about the Madman release. Aniplex works in mysterious ways indeed

Huh didn't know about the Madman release. Aniplex works in mysterious ways indeed
I'm willing to bet them getting it before the funi deal went through annoyed a lot of people haha.
In the long run AL have probably lost out as if they had done a standard edition they'd be raking it in.
Both of the collector's editions are still readily available on I assume a 1,000 print run when I'd bet a standard would've sold bucket loads thanks to the normies when it was getting pumped by all the big streamers.

I'm willing to bet them getting it before the funi deal went through annoyed a lot of people haha.
In the long run AL have probably lost out as if they had done a standard edition they'd be raking it in.
Both of the collector's editions are still readily available on I assume a 1,000 print run when I'd bet a standard would've sold bucket loads thanks to the normies when it was getting pumped by all the big streamers.
I assume the high SRP is probably why those CEs had yet to sell out, because outside of the Early Bird those won't go for cheap.

I assume the high SRP is probably why those CEs had yet to sell out, because outside of the Early Bird those won't go for cheap.
I'd put it down to the length of time between parts why they haven't sold as many, normal people don't like to wait nearly 7 months for a complete release, for a box to contain your boxes.
I class myself as an Anime fan, I can't put up with it.

Back