UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

warning when buying collector's editions from CEX not all items are guaranteed.
With that said anytime I've bought something it's always been complete. Maybe I'm lucky.
Anyway with that said I was searching their site and spotted a few deals some might want to take a punt on 🤷‍♂️

Welcome To The Ballroom (part 1) - £6
Silver Spoon (season 1) - £10
Blood Bloackade Battlefront (CE) - £8
Amanchu (not sure version) - £5
Magical Knight Rayearth (parts 1 & 2) - £22 each

+ p&p which I think is £1.25
Yep as others have mentioned postage is £1.95 per item

Blood Blockage Battlefront and Amanchu are only the standard edition (they often use the stock image and sometimes it's the CE), (but it is possbile that you can get a CE as they buy them in as the same item)

Amanchu CE as it's been on sale at christmas you have a better chance of getting a CE. But physically checking in store is the only real way of knowing if you will get a CE version.

How ever if ou do get version without the extra, it is easy enough to return (I'm not even sure you have to contact them), but you may only get voucher (hence why I try to use voucher if I'm buying anything). I've always managed to return for free postage as well.

EDIT: I think they are trying a bit more to decrease there amount of return and if they don't feel an item is good enough, they don't send it out (I'm guessing request from another store to send out there stock). but if low or limited stock they may just cancel the order and refund.

Spotted a few more on CEX that seemed like good prices. As others have said p&p is £1.95.

Aldnoah.Zero (season 1) - £6 [?? Ed, prob std]
Eureka Seven: Hi Evo 1 - £8
Heavy Object (s1 p2) - £3
K: Missing Kings (CE) - £8
K: Return of Kings (std) - £3
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress - £6

Last year, I managed to get Seraph of the End Season 1 part 2 CE at CEX for £16.95. I emailed them asking whether all bonus items are intact and they confirm it's all there.
I think the price is good value, considering the set is rare or nearly OOP and still haven't watched this set yet lol.

CEX do have some decent prices ever now and again, but sometimes their price is roughly the same as buying new (taking into account the P&P)
I think they do this as a lot of people trade something in so it’s not sustainable if they dont... you often find new PS4 games are full price even though their 2nd hand

I think they do this as a lot of people trade something in so it’s not sustainable if they dont... you often find new PS4 games are full price even though their 2nd hand
Seems they pretty much run a supply and demand model. The more people trade an item in the less value it has.
Always good to check them a week or 2 after the Christmas sales as guaranteed you'll find whatever was in the mystery boxes have been traded in so it crashes the price 😉

Some really good deals in the zavvi 2 for 27€ deal, Zavvi Ireland
It's a shame that I don't dare to order from Zavvi anymore even if it's from their Irish or Netherland sites. They send everything in separate packages and I got taxes and fees on the items since they sent it from Guernsey :/ They refunded me the tax part but not for any fees and I don't want to pay 6£ fee for every single package 🥲

I bought this a couple of weeks ago from them when it was £6, and the CE arrived. The page does have the UPC of the CE and CeX have free returns, so it might be worth a shot if anyone's on the fence.
View attachment 18138
I thought the Amanchu CE sold out over a year ago at AtA, yet they had it offered in their Easter Sale - was I just imagining things, or did they find another pallet hiding somewhere in the warehouse? I wasn't overly interested in the series because it has a bit too much comedy for my tastes, but I did add it to my Easter order to get over £100 for free international shipping and because I thought it had been long gone before... and because we don't have a release over here in the US.

It's a shame that I don't dare to order from Zavvi anymore even if it's from their Irish or Netherland sites. They send everything in separate packages and I got taxes and fees on the items since they sent it from Guernsey :/ They refunded me the tax part but not for any fees and I don't want to pay 6£ fee for every single package 🥲
Yeah £6 on top of each package kinda does make it not worth it.

I take it in your country there is no threshold (UK is or was £15) for don't apply tax (or is that why you got the refund on the tax part). But can't rememebr how they value BOGOF (I would assume it will just be £12.50 and one at £14.50 as they just add postage to one of them at random).
But probably still not worth the risk. may just be easier to wait for a differnt deal and maybe even see if amazon price match (the down side to BOGOF is i don't think price matching works).

I think Amanchu Was just Low stock at AllTheAnime, But in the UK they were going pretty cheap just on ebays for a lot of last year (say £10-15), although partly due to it being in a mystery bundle.

Is there a discount code for free delivery on Zavvi which still works?

I've got a couple items which have popped out to buy later

Back