UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

MVM seem to be on a streak re-releasing their dvd only titles on blu-ray, first with Paranoia Agent and now this
does this mean i can finally watch Oreimo this year
The dubbed versions of sub only releases would be good. Mayo Chiki and SNAFU (I know it was Animatsu but they're dead now)

Would also be nice to get some older releases that we never got here.
I've said it before but with Manga having 90% of licences on lockdown there isn't much choice left.

It's not like the options aren't there. Someone needs to pull the trigger on Date A Live 😂

Supposedly sellers will be forced to charge VAT on orders below 150€, which is my main problem with going above the line as it stands, having extra work and having to pay extra + VAT for my order.

It is possible to resurrect older titles than that, Tenjho tenge (now on BD through Discotek) ROD TV had a BD release through AoA, even the Tenchi movies could be released on BD, there's plenty that could be done, depends on ease of licensing and who has them now.

It is possible to resurrect older titles than that, Tenjho tenge (now on BD through Discotek) ROD TV had a BD release through AoA, even the Tenchi movies could be released on BD, there's plenty that could be done, depends on ease of licensing and who has them now.
I'd even settle for a DVD only release of Tenchi Universe as there's no blu ray (I think) but War on Geminar has been sat on the table for YEARS!

I'd even settle for a DVD only release of Tenchi Universe as there's no blu ray (I think) but War on Geminar has been sat on the table for YEARS!
Not certain they've been BBFC'd I know Tenchi universe had a TV showing way back, not sure it was uncut though as it was on CNX/Toonami, same applies for Tenchi in Tokyo, neither have a BD release in the US (not sure about native)
War on Geminar is an odd one, you could add Tenchi GXP to that but didn't AL have that and decided not to release or something?

So what is Rosario + Vampire? It seems to be one people are excited for.

Supernatural harem comedy. Plenty of fan sevice with panty ad bumpers

Fun guilty pleasure old school ecchi harem series XD
Haha, I'm not really into ecchi anime series (I'd rather just watch hentai - much less pent-up sexual frustrations lol!), but Rosario Vampire holds a dear spot in my heart. When I first started watching anime online back in 2012 after my two daughters re-introduced me to it, and before I started to buy anime on Blu-ray, it was one of the first anime series I streamed on Netflix (right after Last Exile and Blood+), and the first ecchi series I ever experienced. I also developed my very first waifu or Best Girl in this series, the blue-haired striped-stockings lolipop girl - wait, have to look her name up - Mizore Shirayuki. It's a fun series, but maybe a bit too cutesy/comedy for my tastes now. Still, I did immediately pre-order the Funimation Blu-ray set when it released back in 2017, for nostalgia's sake, at least. Maybe the next time the neighbor couple ask to see a light-hearted series between all the drama stuff we watch, I could bring it out and show it to them... :)

Here is a list of mvm releases that are dvd only over here at the moment.
Please note there probably alot more I've missed. Feel free to add them.

Arakawa Under the Bridge
Basilisk
Battle Girls Time Paradox
Blade of the Immortal
Burst Angel
Canaan
Dream Eater
Elemental Gelade
Gravitation
Gungrave
Hakuoki
Heaven's Memo Pad
Is This A Zombie
Kamisama dolls
Mayo Chiki
My Hime
Needless
Night Raid
Oreimo
Samurai 7
Shakugan no Shana
Slayers
Witchblade

Arakawa Under the Bridge
Basilisk
Blade of the Immortal
Burst Angel
Canaan
Dream Eater
Elemental Gelade
Gravitation
Gungrave
Hakuoki
Heaven's Memo Pad
Is This A Zombie
Kamisama dolls
Mayo Chiki
My Hime
Needless
Night Raid
Oreimo
Samurai 7
Shakugan no Shana
Slayers
Witchblade
The 1st two seasons of Infinite Stratos are DVD only by MVM.

Arakawa Under the Bridge
Basilisk
Blade of the Immortal
Burst Angel
Canaan
Dream Eater
Elemental Gelade
Gravitation
Gungrave
Hakuoki
Heaven's Memo Pad
Is This A Zombie
Kamisama dolls
Mayo Chiki
My Hime
Needless
Night Raid
Oreimo
Samurai 7
Shakugan no Shana
Slayers
Witchblade
So many missed, even I don't remember all of the DVD only releases that have since seen a BD elsewhere but here's a few.
Arcana Famigilia
Btoom!
Dusk Maiden of amnesia
Flowers of Evil
Inu X Boku SS
Majikoi oh Samurai girls
MM!
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Rozen Maiden Zuruckspulen
So I Can't Play H
Waiting in the Summer
Tenjho Tenge
ROD TV
Tenchi muyo movies 1-3

Although I maybe wrong, I can't recall My Hime ever being released by MVM, Beez certainly but not MVM

So my reading comprehension is apparently lacking.

I thought that AL had shipped my Konosuba copy today, but no, what was actually shipped was my copy of fate ubw from MVM!

Back