UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Its quite an out of character way for AL to do an announcement. No blog, no date just a quick tweet.
Meaning I fully expect AL France to have some kind of announcement up within 24hrs and they're trying to beat them to it!

Edit: AL France like clockwork 😎

View attachment 17133
If we end up with a repeat of what happened with Gundam Narrative I will cry.

Nozomi's release comes with a trailer collection, Universal Century Timeline, and English Commentary Track.

It's good to see F91 back in print over here, since the last time it was released on home video was under Beez way back in 2005. I hope that this Blu-ray release will include the original 4.1 theatrical surround sound audio mix which is on the 4K BD.
F91 was released with a Dolby Stereo mix (matrix encoded surround). The 4.1 remix is basically a discrete version of the track.

It's good to see F91 back in print over here, since the last time it was released on home video was under Beez way back in 2005. I hope that this Blu-ray release will include the original 4.1 theatrical surround sound audio mix which is on the 4K BD.
Seems like it's the stereo only.

Edit: it totally didnt register it was MD that sent the tweet asking AL lol

F91 was released with a Dolby Stereo mix (matrix encoded surround). The 4.1 remix is basically a discrete version of the track.
Interesting. When I watched the USBD, I found that I had to turn up the volume pretty high to properly hear it. Meanwhile, on a remux with the 4.1 audio, it sounded more crisper and dynamic.

WMD said:
Seems like it's the stereo only.
Ah, fair. Maybe it is a clone of the USBD?

Interesting. When I watched the USBD, I found that I had to turn up the volume pretty high to properly hear it. Meanwhile, on a remux with the 4.1 audio, it sounded more crisper and dynamic.
With Nozomi there's a chance that the 2.0 track is a downmix (cough 0083 cough).

Haven't heard the F91 4.1 track, but I don't recall CCA 4K remastered BD having a huge difference between the 4.1 track and the 2.0 track decoded back to 4.0 via Dolby Pro-Logic.

I was wondering if they're maybe trying to get permission for a storage box like AUS now and that's why Demon Slayer Part 2 is taking so long... well, that's what I'm hoping anyway.

Seems a little daft, to delay a release, that is popular because of something you didn't think was possible, then find out it might.
Why not just release and offer a box to those that want one later?

With Gundam V being as messy and weirdly awful as it is I can see why they do try to ignore post CCA as really neither worked the only one that worked was Crossbone and that’s a manga: but with Hathaway’s flash being adapted maybe they will do Crossbone

Mugen Train is being released by Manga UK / Funimation over here, so maybe rights issues are delaying part 2?
Nah, AL having Season 1 won't be an issue. It's quite possible Part 2 is taking a while because of the possibility that an outer box to house both parts could be included in the end.

On a different note, so far April has Persona 5 Part 1, Planetes, Violet Evergarden and probably Gundam F91. So what else could fit the slot for that month then? Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution is one that I can think of if they had to choose another film.

Two of those are delayed, (not a complaint)
and the others are of no interest ( to me, others will be different)
So while the wait continues, for Demon slayer, I just wish I'd learn, don't wait around for AL, just import from elsewhere, it saves on waiting for part 2s
They were getting better.

Persona 5! Finally! Been waiting years for this! The anime may not be the greatest out there but it was a fun adaptation of a game I loved. And nice that there isn't a long way between parts either. It's got the dub too which is nice. Thank god it also has the main OVAs. It's a shame with the extra OVAs but without these key ones the story would be left unfinished.
In regards to the bundle, it says they would be shipped together so I assume that means part 1 would be held back until part 2 gets released? It's not that long of a wait anyway but I was curious on that.

Nah, AL having Season 1 won't be an issue. It's quite possible Part 2 is taking a while because of the possibility that an outer box to house both parts could be included in the end.

On a different note, so far April has Persona 5 Part 1, Planetes, Violet Evergarden and probably Gundam F91. So what else could fit the slot for that month then? Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution is one that I can think of if they had to choose another film.

I'd agree there. I can't see a case where AL doesn't release part 2 since any contract to distribute it would surely treat season 1 as a whole, not as two parts, for the purpose of the contract.
What may delay it is probably what people have mentioned before, Aniplex not wanting a release before theirs.

Persona 5! Finally! Been waiting years for this! The anime may not be the greatest out there but it was a fun adaptation of a game I loved. And nice that there isn't a long way between parts either. It's got the dub too which is nice. Thank god it also has the main OVAs. It's a shame with the extra OVAs but without these key ones the story would be left unfinished.
In regards to the bundle, it says they would be shipped together so I assume that means part 1 would be held back until part 2 gets released? It's not that long of a wait anyway but I was curious on that.

I'd agree there. I can't see a case where AL doesn't release part 2 since any contract to distribute it would surely treat season 1 as a whole, not as two parts, for the purpose of the contract.
What may delay it is probably what people have mentioned before, Aniplex not wanting a release before theirs.
That might have been true had the Aniplex release (and funi in the US) not been released last month.
So it's more likely the outer box that's holding things up.

Back