UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Great line up. Monte Cristo is a gem.

I'm gonna take a punt at that Cyber City UK dub I've heard so much about. I think I've seen a clip from the dub before cause I'm sure I've seen that silver haired character before, if so then I believe I'm in for a treat.

Regarding outstanding dispatched Christmas orders, I was told today that one I had that was supposedly shipped on the 7th (without any tracking updates), hasn't actually been shipped yet and the label may have been erroneously printed early, because they're still waiting for reprints for one of the titles. So, I guess that could be a possibility for any of y'all who have orders with reprints too.

That's disapointing. I wonder if this is Sunrise just outright not letting AL use Nozomi's disc or something?
I wonder if it's more to do with the fact that AL has to release the film for both UK & France at the same timeframe (then again this logic wouldn't make sense as previous titles had used Nozomi discs), so maybe if it had been a UK only window it probably would have been the Nozomi disc.

I know it's not always the same situation and their staff have a heavy workload (I read the recent job posting), but it is very annoying that some titles get special treatment and others are essentially just put out there and customer complaints aren't entertained.

It feels like a massive bias when some releases are given all the love and others we're seemingly just to be thankful we get them.

I know it's not always the same situation and their staff have a heavy workload (I read the recent job posting), but it is very annoying that some titles get special treatment and others are essentially just put out there and customer complaints aren't entertained.

It feels like a massive bias when some releases are given all the love and others we're seemingly just to be thankful we get them.
Good point, not sure if it's intentional but it's no secret that Gundam NT isn't exactly a fan darling. I wonder if they aren't expecting it to sell quite as well.

Violet Evergarden was the first English release licensed and promised to use different subs so I can understand why they expect it to sell more than the sequel to a long running timeline that is critically slated and personally I despise. But things like 00 which is widely loved and popular not getting a amazing release I am still confused by when Nozomi pushed the boat out for it and as SEED proved nothing stopped AL bar “sales”.

I wonder if it's more to do with the fact that AL has to release the film for both UK & France at the same timeframe (then again this logic wouldn't make sense as previous titles had used Nozomi discs), so maybe if it had been a UK only window it probably would have been the Nozomi disc.
What doesn't help about their release of Gundam NT is that on their listing for it, it doesn't list the on-disc extras. Most of their listings list what on-disc extras it has, but if they did for Gundam NT and it's not the same as US version, tbh I wouldnt have bought it.

Now I'm still waiting for my order to arrive and it's nearly two weeks. Time to contact AOL :(

What doesn't help about their release of Gundam NT is that on their listing for it, it doesn't list the on-disc extras. Most of their listings list what on-disc extras it has, but if they did for Gundam NT and it's not the same as US version, tbh I wouldnt have bought it.

Now I'm still waiting for my order to arrive and it's nearly two weeks. Time to contact AOL :(
Wouldnt bother.. As i did above.. Got to wait.. Even those its been 2 weeks since despatch email.. Theres bad then theres terrible i know i ordered near 2 months ago now but this is crazy

Violet Evergarden was the first English release licensed and promised to use different subs so I can understand why they expect it to sell more than the sequel to a long running timeline that is critically slated and personally I despise. But things like 00 which is widely loved and popular not getting a amazing release I am still confused by when Nozomi pushed the boat out for it and as SEED proved nothing stopped AL bar “sales”.
Oh you don't like the UC, that's a pity it's my favorite part personally.

I do love UC up to Unicorn post it timeline wise umm no. I don't like Axis, or F91 or V (I love in a so awful its brilliant way ) and especially not this film. Hathaway's flash may save us. Then maybe we can get crossbones. My point was the cost of entry imo to watch and kind of understand NT is so high that can see AL saying its not gonna sell well.
And my hot take I do not accept Turn A is in UC. Sorry Retcon Rec in G soz babes.

Regarding outstanding dispatched Christmas orders, I was told today that one I had that was supposedly shipped on the 7th (without any tracking updates), hasn't actually been shipped yet and the label may have been erroneously printed early, because they're still waiting for reprints for one of the titles. So, I guess that could be a possibility for any of y'all who have orders with reprints too.

That's probably what has happened to mine then, not a big deal I can definitely wait, just was wondering when it may show up :)

I do love UC up to Unicorn post it timeline wise umm no. I don't like Axis, or F91 or V (I love in a so awful its brilliant way ) and especially not this film. Hathaway's flash may save us. Then maybe we can get crossbones. My point was the cost of entry imo to watch and kind of understand NT is so high that can see AL saying its not gonna sell well.
And my hot take I do not accept Turn A is in UC. Sorry Retcon Rec in G soz babes.
I commented on this when I reviewed AL's import partner release of NT. Unicorn is essentially a soft reboot, designed to get a youth audience into UC. NT, however, hinges on you having watched not only that but all Tomino UC up to that point in the timeline. Fukui even mentioned he essentially made a fan theory about Ideon semi canon with NT.

Back