UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Ok this is infuriating and I’m hoping someone can help out

is there any way to watch Tokyo Ghoul uncensored in Japanese?
Netflix version is censored to hell and near unwatchable, whereas Funimation is not but somehow is dub only!
Are the AL releases in Japanese and uncensored?

@anime_andrew
Could you ensure that parcels for EU customers, especially those that already got shipping notices, will be handed over to the parcel services before Brexit O'clock?

Handing over to the parcel service in time (with tracking data) is enough to avoid import-VAT for US, even if the border crossing itself is delayed.

@anime_andrew
Could you ensure that parcels for EU customers, especially those that already got shipping notices, will be handed over to the parcel services before Brexit O'clock?

Handing over to the parcel service in time (with tracking data) is enough to avoid import-VAT for US, even if the border crossing itself is delayed.
As far as I’m aware the distribution center they’re using is now shut and won’t be reopening till the 4th January.

Zavvi (yesterday): "We're expecting this item to ship later this month, but cannot provide an exact date as of yet. This has been delayed due to issues on our supplier's end. As soon as we do have the stock available you will be notified. I am sorry for the inconvenience."
I received a message from Zavvi today suggesting that they're planning to deliver WWY original deluxe edition sometime after the New Year :(

Indeed. I ordered mine much later in August which is why I wanted to ask around, just in case mine could have stealth shipped also (though I'm not expecting it until 2021 because I'm at the back of the queue).
At least you ordered one. I regret not buying Weathering With You from AL before it went OOP.

@anime_andrew

I'm curious how many percent of their sales AL managed to ship up until now? Did they managed to get 25% out before Christmas? 50%? 75%?

I received a message from Zavvi today suggesting that they're planning to deliver WWY original deluxe edition sometime after the New Year :(
For whatever reason Zavvi haven't sent a single update on my order to my registered email address. AL meanwhile have a website, Facebook, Twitter, and whatever else accounts and yet nowhere have they posted any updates on delays to this. Just fed up at this point.

Only saving grace is that Zavvi haven't actually charged me any money yet.

Attachments

• tumblr_inline_mp1iwmisOM1rxwovx540.gif
    tumblr_inline_mp1iwmisOM1rxwovx540.gif
    533.5 KB · Views: 1
Glad people are rightly laying into Zavvi here, not been impressed with them for a long time. Not only do they charge 2 pounds for shipping now, but they have also informed me that it is impossible for them to ever amend a delivery address once an order has been raised. I confirmed this on 2 separate support tickets and twitter DMs. Not ideal when you pre-order something months ago (that is no longer available due to limited quantity) and are now not planning to be at that address when it is due to ship.

As it so happens, due to how much WWY has been delayed, I may actually be back at the original address by the time it ships, but it's still completely unbelievable to me that an online storefront in the year 2020 does not let you change your shipping address after an order has been placed. I will never buy from them again unless AL have an exclusive with them that is not available anywhere else (which sadly was the case with WWY 4 disc version), and even then I will do it on great sufference.

Back