IT'S A GUNDAM! The Gundam Home Release Checklist

I'm very tempted to pre-order Zeta, which will have the original OP/EDs
Will it? I was told that even the Japanese releases have the US DVD opening and ending since 2005, though the Japanese Netflix version has the original openings and endings..

I have the V set on preorder. As I do doubt AL will ever touch that.
Why would they not touch them? I thought they were going to do every Nozomi release.

Well V is sub only and not very popular and it took them this long to release Turn A the popular sub only one.
I'm hoping that's because ZZ and Turn A were gonna be DVD only but ended up on Blu-ray, so it would probably be delayed. We'll see though! I'm hoping 2021 brings V, G, F91, 0080 and 08th MS Team...

Well, it does seem that they have picked up the pace with the more "successful" releases since about mid 2019, it now feels like there are just a few gaps to fill instead of having a few scattered releases like we did two years ago.

Re: upcoming Gundam Seed Ultimate Bluray set. There are issues with the US version due to them receiving the HD broadcast version and NOT the JP Bluray master (this master fixes some errors in the HD broadcast version).

Nozomi has contacted Sunrise and is awating reply. Anime Limited has also commented that they are aware of the issue as well.

Here's the Nozomi tweet confirming the issue:

Re: upcoming Gundam Seed Ultimate Bluray set. There are issues with the US version due to them receiving the HD broadcast version and NOT the JP Bluray master (this master fixes some errors in the HD broadcast version).
I sort of cynically believe Sunrise deliberately did this to avoid any parallel imports (Japanese anime video companies seem to tie themselves into knots about this stuff). The SD-BD version isn't all that great either. They've stuffed up the black levels and the old DVD release looks better.

Just out of curiosity how come AL stopped making their own discs for Gundam if you know?
To increase the speed of UK releases. The AL authored ones were being held up due to the lack of official French translations. AL France now author their own discs seperately.

Zeta got ridiculously delayed as the company doing the French subtitles kept delaying their delivery.

so there are still Problems it seems after the V2 least as far as AL is concerned ?

im still waiting for mine in the Mail from AOL ...

742617209024_anime-mobile-suit-gundam-seed-destiny-collectors-ultra-edition-blu-ray-primary.jpg

Nozomi has officially announced the packaging and release date for the US Blu-ray release of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny.

The Ultra Edition set will contain the following:
  • 10 Blu-ray discs dedicated to the 48 episode HD Remaster version released in 2013.
    • Includes Japanese audio with English subtitles and NYAV Post English dub.
  • 1 Blu-ray disc dedicated to Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: Stargazer (3 OVAs).
    • Includes Japanese audio and presumably includes NYAV Post English dub.
  • [Exclusive to Ultra Edition] 3 Blu-ray discs in SD dedicated to the 50 episode 2004 version.
    • Includes Japanese audio with English subtitles and Bandai English dub.
  • [Exclusive to Ultra Edition] 1 Blu-ray disc in SD dedicated to Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Special Edition (4 films).
    • Includes Japanese audio with English subtitles and Bandai English dub.
  • [Exclusive to Ultra Edition] 120-page art book featuring:
    • Art Galleries; Data Archives on both the Characters and Mecha; Maps Depicting the Timeline of Events; an Exclusive Q&A Interview with Director Mitsuo Fukuda; and a Gundam SEED DESTINY Glossary.
On-disc bonus features include Interview with Director Mitsuo Fukuda and Line Producer Hiroomi Ikeya, Director's Concept Music Videos, Textless Openings, Textless Endings, Gundam SEED Character Theater Shorts, Promotional Videos and Commercials.

SRP: $299.98, Rightstuf: $224.99, Release Date: 9th November 2021.

Back