Overseas UK Blu-Ray List / Australian Blu-ray List / USA Region B and Geolocked List

I can now confirm Food Wars The Third Plate from Sentai as, at least, geolocked. It plays fine on my european PS 3. Is there a way to test if it's Region B as well on my PS 3? If so, please let me know.
From what I've seen and tested, modern Sentai's BDs are region free. They utilise Geolocking checks as their sole locking method, and even then it seems they exclusively use it to make sure the player isn't Japanese.

From what I've seen and tested, modern Sentai's BDs are region free. They utilise Geolocking checks as their sole locking method, and even then it seems they exclusively use it to make sure the player isn't Japanese.

I think the ever so stalwart Denny Fisher mentioned one or two pages ago that he haven't heard of any new Sentai releases being region locked, but this thread (rightly so, I'd add) is very strict with what is filed as region free and what is filed as "just" geolocked, as it's safer to label something as geolocked rather then region free unless one have specifically checked if a release is region free as opposed to geolocked.

If you're up for the task of sorting out releases I think everyone here would be most grateful. I know I would.

September Australian blu ray releases added
They will be removed if release dates are put back

Demon Slayer Part 1
Domestic Girlfriend
Fairy Gone Part 1
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?
Hunter X Hunter Part 1
Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life Season One
Midnight Occult Civil Servants
Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl
Sarazanmai
The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 1
Yu Yu Hakusho Complete Season 1,2,3,4
Yu-No: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World part 1,2

September UK blu ray releases added
They will be removed if release dates are put back

Black Clover: Season 2, Part 4
Bungo Stray Dogs: Season 1,2,3
Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple
COP CRAFT
Fairy Gone: Part 1
High School DxD BorN
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Arrow of the Orion
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
O Maidens In Your Savage Season
Revue Starlight
Weathering With You

to skip Sentai geolocked is only necessary to change the language of the blu ray player?
I am new to this and do not fully understand the initial explanation, I am sorry for the inconvenience in advance.

to skip Sentai geolocked is only necessary to change the language of the blu ray player?
I am new to this and do not fully understand the initial explanation, I am sorry for the inconvenience in advance.

For a Geolock explanation see the first page on this thread and the fourth post down by Denny Fisher and in the spoiler, there is a bit of an explanation.

But no it is not to do with changing the language. They are basically saying the player must be manafactured in the same country/geographical location as the discs.
The must common bypass is just using a playstation and i think XBox as they don't have the same restrictions that blu ray players have (I think it's something like they are made for a wolrd market so they essentially are all just listed as US geo-locked/location)

For a Geolock explanation see the first page on this thread and the fourth post down by Denny Fisher and in the spoiler, there is a bit of an explanation.

But no it is not to do with changing the language. They are basically saying the player must be manafactured in the same country/geographical location as the discs.
The must common bypass is just using a playstation and i think XBox as they don't have the same restrictions that blu ray players have (I think it's something like they are made for a wolrd market so they essentially are all just listed as US geo-locked/location)
I understand, how can I know which player would work for me?
Would it help me if I buy one from amazon usa?
could you recommend any brand?
Thank you very much for your answer, I reread the beginning and I understood everything! 😁

@V7s If you’re looking to play Blu Rays that would be locked to Region A, as is the case with certain American anime releases, then it’s recommended that you get a Multi-Region modded Blu Ray player. The one I own is this model which you can purchase from Amazon. There are other models which should be available on Amazon too.

As for geolocked titles, as stated by others on this thread there’s a good explanation for it courtesy of Denny Fisher, and the list of geolocked titles Gets updated pretty regularly too.

Last edited:
I understand, how can I know which player would work for me?
Would it help me if I buy one from amazon usa?
could you recommend any brand?
Thank you very much for your answer, I reread the beginning and I understood everything! 😁

As mentioned in the explanation for geolocking provided by Denny Fisher on the first page, your best bet would probably be a PlayStation or Xbox (though the last one seem to force you to change language settings on the Demon Slayer release, check the post by
Mangaranga on the previous page).

@V7s If you’re looking to play Blu Rays that would be locked to Region A, as is the case with certain American anime releases, then it’s recommended that you get a Multi-Region modded Blu Ray player. The one I own is this model which you can purchase from Amazon. There are other models which should be available on Amazon too.

As for geolocked titles, as stated by others on this thread there’s a good explanation for it courtesy of Denny Fisher, and the list of geolocked titles Gets updated pretty regularly too.
I think I did not understand, if I buy a Blu ray player from amazon USA (not UK) could I skip geolocking?

thanks for your answers, you are helping me a lot.

[QUOTE = "Afherlan, publicación: 586104, miembro: 6910"]
Como se menciona en la explicación de geolocking proporcionada por Denny Fisher en la primera página, su mejor opción probablemente sería una PlayStation o Xbox (aunque la última parece obligarlo a cambiar la configuración de idioma en el lanzamiento de Demon Slayer, consulte la publicación por
Mangaranga en la página anterior).
[/CITAR]
So it will be useless to buy a blu ray player directly from the USA to skip the geolocked?
I appreciate your answer in advance.

Last edited:
I think I did not understand, if I buy a Blu ray player from amazon USA (not UK) could I skip geolocking?

thanks for your answers, you are helping me a lot.

Hmm, I don't quite understand what you looking for tbh.

Do you want to have a multi region Blu-ray player (as one that can play any American release on it), then just focus on what HWR wrote. This is however distinct from geolock, as titles being geolocked allows you to watch them on some region B players.. Also, no, just importing a "normal" player from USA isn't the same as getting a multi region player (unless they're multi region, they're instead locked to region A ). It would allow you to watch geolocked titles, but you would just complicate matters as you could just buy a PS or Xbox console where you live instead (or a normal player set to USA, but that's a bit trickier).

To get further help here, what do you want: a multi region player or one that allows you to play geolocked titles?

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't quite understand what you looking for tbh.

Do you want to have a multi region Blu-ray player (as one that can play any American release on it), then just focus on what HWR wrote. This is however distinct from geolock, as titles being geolocked allows you to watch them on some region B players.. Also, no, just importing a "normal" player from USA isn't the same as getting a multi region player (unless they're multi region, they're instead locked to region A ). It would allow you to watch geolocked titles, but you would just complicate matters as you could just buy a PS or Xbox console where you live instead (or a normal player set to USA, but that's a bit trickier).

To get further help here, what do you want: a multi region player or one that allows you to play geolocked titles?
buying a console is above my budget, also I play little so it would not be a wise purchase.
It would be perfect to buy a blu ray player in the usa that is multi region but I think that if I do that I would not be able to see geolocked blu rays (right?)
although thanks to you now I know that some geolocked titles work in b players, I think it would be more convenient for me to buy a player from the USA exclusively to play geolocked titles (even if it is not from region free)
I'm from South America so there would be no problems with it (or so I think).

answering your question I want a player that allows me to play geolocked titles (so I could buy sentai editions without any problem).

Last edited:
Realised after I posted that there probably was lingual problems complicating matters here. Will take that into considerations when wording sentences :)

Oh, I see, the thing is then that you're part of region A but want to watch geolocked titles? I must admit, I never realised that you over there might have a problem with geolocking. Since you're already part of region A (and I'd assume intend to only buy region A stuff) then importing an American produced player might work. Problem would be how to know in advance whether or not the player is set to USA. Can't help you there unfortunately as I'm watching through my PlayStation console and got no clue about various Blu-ray player manufacturers. Perhaps asking @Denny Fisher would be a good idea, as he is generally well informed about these things.
I am sorry for the problems due to the language barrier, but I really appreciate the help you have given me.
Exactly, I'm from region A but geolocked still affects me because I'm not from the USA.
I intend to buy titles from UK or some other region, but I could free up a player or get a free region (although that's not the point here). The main thing now is that I need a player that plays geolocked titles.
I was taking a look at This player on amazon but I don't know if it would do what I need.
Hope @Denny Fisher can help me a bit too.

If your from South America your region is the same as the USA and Canada.
So your player will play USA titles regardless.
The only restriction is if your player was manufactured in Japan, these players will prevent playing due to the Geo-locked method to stop reverse importing to Japan.
The only way to truly know if your player is Geo-locked already is to pick up a title that has already been confirmed and test it on your player.

Also if your USA player language settings are set to Japan this will also prevent you from watching titles, but changing them to USA will we fine.
Also getting a PS3 will be alot cheaper than getting a ps4.
If your thinking about importing outside the USA like the UK you will need a region free player as we are a completely different region.

Also if you're importing bluray players from US or UK, check your local power supply as South America seems to be one of those places that use 120, 220 and 240v 50~60hz depending on where you are

Best it would work just fine, worst it could explode lol

Back