UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I really liked Hi Evo 1. It was a really unique and interesting way to recap part of the series while putting a new emotional and thematic spin on proceedings.
What did you make of Pocketful of Rainbows if you ever watched that out of interest? Trying to gauge where I'm likely to fall on this Hi-Evo spectrum.

What did you make of Pocketful of Rainbows if you ever watched that out of interest? Trying to gauge where I'm likely to fall on this Hi-Evo spectrum.
I havent seen that actually. Only seen the original series that AL released and the first Hi Evo film. I should probably look into what else exists out there in the franchise.

I really liked that but out of about 10 people I know who watched Hi Evo. WMD is the only person who midly likes it. SLA it bombed hence why the CE jokes about the flashbacks with its digipack cover also AO is bad but not as offensive as people make it. Hi evolution is as offensive to Eureka Seven the fact people who made Eureka seven and make something so awful is incredible then again the code Geass recaps exist and also bad not as bad but still bad the same problem trying to retell the story differently using the same material (as in scenes from their original versions)

EdcDZCNXsAEUwBG

In under 24 hours it sold out.

... 1000 in 24 hours... Well it was a big name film, not a niche title, but that was ridiculously fast. Glad I moved quickly on that now.

I really liked that but out of about 10 people I know who watched Hi Evo. WMD is the only person who midly likes it. SLA it bombed hence why the CE jokes about the flashbacks with its digipack cover also AO is bad but not as offensive as people make it. Hi evolution is as offensive to Eureka Seven the fact people who made Eureka seven and make something so awful is incredible then again the code Geass recaps exist and also bad not as bad but still bad the same problem trying to retell the story differently using the same material (as in scenes from their original versions)
Ah, thanks for the writeup! I really disliked Pocketful of Rainbows as it kinda vomited haphazardly all over the fond memory I had of the original series, sounds like this does much the same, they really need to let sleeping Eurekas lie. Though doing a bit of reading around Anemone, it seems almost unrelated to the first high-evo film. I'll watch both and write my thoughts up in the other thread I guess!

WWY DE Sold out in around 24 hours

Even though I managed to get a copy, I'm not gunna be happy with Anime Limited if Ebay is flooded with resellers asking stupid £££ for this.

With the first 4K Anime release, a name like Shinkai behind it and a seemingly unlimited per/seller limit... Its a easy way to abuse the Anime Fandom by buying a bunch of sets and flogging them at over inflated £££.

Yeh, I'm worried I'll be loosing a lot of respect for AL by choosing Zavvi as exclusive on this one

WWY DE Sold out in around 24 hours

Even though I managed to get a copy, I'm not gunna be happy with Anime Limited if Ebay is flooded with resellers asking stupid £££ for this.

With the first 4K Anime release, a name like Shinkai behind it and a seemingly unlimited per/seller limit... Its a easy way to abuse the Anime Fandom by buying a bunch of sets and flogging them at over inflated £££.

Yeh, I'm worried I'll be loosing a lot of respect for AL by choosing Zavvi as exclusive on this one

You can't really blame Anime Limited for scalpers. That happens with any major anime release, especially in the cases where it actual sells out rapidly.
Going by a previous example, Goblin Slayer prices reached £100 last time i checked when I was struggling to get a copy. They probably went even higher as time passed too until their stock ran out.

I agree on the stance that it is unfair for those who wanted to order it but could not due to resellers - heck we have one already who ordered 5 copies. Zavvi should have restricted the order to 1 unit per customer. We know full well that a lot of US members did import the UK Deluxe Edition despite the US getting pretty much the exact same set outside of different box art and no steelbook (ANN did confirm that GKIDS would release an LE ages ago so there were early signs for those who paid attention).

I get that Anime Limited was not sure whether or not 4K anime could sell, but I think they should consider a second print run (whether it's 500 units or another 1000 units).

Controversial stance: For the Evangelion Ultimate Edition, I feel there should be shipping restrictions due to the ridiculous amount of international fans wanting to grab their hands on the UK release (I know this thanks to me live-tweeting AL's CloudMatsuri panel which went viral that weekend). Unless the unit count was much larger, it is going to be a sheet show to watch.

But as I have imported I can’t oppose US people having to if our release is the best in English speaking world.
In regards with WWY Why are people buying the UK release when there’s is practically the same. And if AL had it due to their shipping cost I think the amounts of imports would be lower. I do appreciate ALs import tactics it’s there if willing to pay for it as tbh a few of the UK sets if I was buying from the US I would pay the shipping.

Last edited:
3 per household would have been more than enough of a restriction, people would still be able to import, @Jaysgba would still be able to buy the usual amount and it would catch anyone who tried buying unreasonable amount of copies

Maybe it was harsh saying I wouldn't be happy with AL but...

I get that Anime Limited was not sure whether or not 4K anime could sell, but I think they should consider a second print run (whether it's 500 units or another 1000 units).

You'd assume the print run is linked to the french release so its potentially not a 1,000 print run it's a 3,000 print run. So it's probably not as easy as asking to slap another 1,000 on the end.

As AL have said before they can normally do standard editions once the limited edition has sold out. I'd guess they'll be a standard 4K release before christmas (probably with superior artwork to get a good double dip out of everyone) 😂

And on the limit of copies sold, Zavvi don't care who's buying how many copies they care it's being sold #capitalism 😉
(in case anyone wonders I got the basic steelbook direct from AL)

You'd assume the print run is linked to the french release so its potentially not a 1,000 print run it's a 3,000 print run. So it's probably not as easy as asking to slap another 1,000 on the end.

As AL have said before they can normally do standard editions once the limited edition has sold out. I'd guess they'll be a standard 4K release before christmas (probably with superior artwork to get a good double dip out of everyone) 😂

And on the limit of copies sold, Zavvi don't care who's buying how many copies they care it's being sold #capitalism 😉
(in case anyone wonders I got the basic steelbook direct from AL)
True, there is also the French market to take note. But the French side only has 250 units for the 4K version.

But yeah, it sucks for those who want to get it. I played it safe and ordered it just in case something like this had happened. I guess we often forget how large the demand is for certain anime.

Worst case scenario, people can import the GKIDS limited edition and grab the Anime Limited steelbook and pretty much get everything outside of the box artwork that AL has 😂

Most of Monogatari has a UK release but a LOT of people on here have imported the AoA version 🤔

But it's superior to the UK one.... oh I see.... I'll stop throwing stones and go sit in my glass house 😂
I mean, sure we Brits and EU folk import US releases, but theirs is 5x the print run than the UK was. Monster Musume for instance had over 5000 units and I reckon only a very small fraction were imports from the UK.

Most of Monogatari has a UK release but a LOT of people on here have imported the AoA version 🤔

But it's superior to the UK one.... oh I see.... I'll stop throwing stones and go sit in my glass house 😂
Hence why I support allowing it. AL actually allows them to import from there site. Eg sentai don’t. Also if it’s better is subjective but same discs and slightly different box doesn’t make WWY worth importing in my eyes

Back