UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I may have missed this but I'll ask anyway; with Rayearth, are the discs dupes of Discotek's release or are they authoring them themselves? The Discotek blu-rays are pretty much flawless, However I really want upgrade my US Manga Entertainment DVD of the OVA, plus the booklet and boxes look pretty good. Just weighing up if it's worth it or not.

I may have missed this but I'll ask anyway; with Rayearth, are the discs dupes of Discotek's release or are they authoring them themselves? The Discotek blu-rays are pretty much flawless, However I really want upgrade my US Manga Entertainment DVD of the OVA, plus the booklet and boxes look pretty good. Just weighing up if it's worth it or not.
Anime Limited will be using the Discotek Media discs for the Blu-ray. The Rayearth OVA is on DVD but won't have the Manga Entertainment extras due to licensing challenges.

Could only get so many done, hence why some of you received a shipping notification. The rest of the bundle orders are shipping today. Other Utena orders we're waiting on stock to arrive.

Judging by that, I'm guessing Anime Limited had sent me the dispatch e-mail prematurely (as I mentioned, I only ordered Part 1 with the Collector's Box).

To be honest I’ve never had any problems with orders/packaging from zavvi.
I've repeatedly had items get lost, their mailers are prone to being crushed(except their steelbook packaging) and they charge the same price to non UK customers despite the fact they declare it as having a 0% VAT rate leaving you liable to a customs charge.

That's very surprising that AL won't offer the Deluxe version themselves. Zavvi probably made them a tempting exclusivity deal. It's a very nice looking steelbook btw

After Promare I thought it would be a nice CE, a steelbook really I will buy it more for 4K and the book not the steelbook I find them these days too common. I liked the Yn approach where it was the middle option

How much will the deluxe edition be? Kinda annoying when you pre order the collectors edition and then they release a deluxe edition :/

I think I will just stick to the steelbook like I did with Your name. I don't even have a 4K blu ray player atm and I'm not keen on dropping £50+ on a single film

Definitely buying the deluxe since it has all the stuff in I actually want (the booklet/art cards), but disappointed it's with Zavvi since like others I've not had the best of experiences with stuff coming from them intact.

Also likely to double dip for 5CM if there is a CE...

Back