Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

revolutionary-girl-utena-part-1-collector-s-edition-15-blu-ray.jpg

revolutionary-girl-utena-part-1-collector-s-edition-15-blu-ray.jpg

revolutionary-girl-utena-part-2-collector-s-edition-15-blu-ray.jpg

revolutionary-girl-utena-part-2-collector-s-edition-15-blu-ray.jpg

revolutionary-girl-utena-part-3-collector-s-edition-15-blu-ray.jpg

revolutionary-girl-utena-part-3-collector-s-edition-15-blu-ray.jpg

Kind of wish I started collecting these earlier, it would be a nice collection to have. I think they were coming out long before I seriously collected Anime though. (I have you guys to blame for all that :p)

Kind of wish I started collecting these earlier, it would be a nice collection to have. I think they were coming out long before I seriously collected Anime though. (I have you guys to blame for all that :p)
It's a very nice collection but expensive 😂 if you want a Ghibli Steelbook collection I believe theres one just starting in the US (only 2 so far)
20200605_120159.jpg
*I don't have Red Turtle (not a fan) or Yamadas yet (my least favourite + price will drop hard)

It's a very nice collection but expensive 😂 if you want a Ghibli Steelbook collection I believe theres one just starting in the US (only 2 so far)
View attachment 13653
*I don't have Red Turtle (not a fan) or Yamadas yet (my least favourite + price will drop hard)

Looking good! They're getting to some of my favorite titles in the UK sets now - I love Poppy Hill and Only Yesterday, and Ocean Waves as well.

If you count Cagliostro, as they did in the JP digipak singles, there are 23 Studio Ghibli movies total (including Ocean Waves). Red Turtle would make it 24.

The US has 3 Ghibli steels so far - two from Gkids, Howl's moving Castle and Ponyo, and one from Sentai, Grave of the Fireflies, which matches well enough. The GKids steels have a metallic finish, and Grave is more of a matte finish.

howlponyograve.jpg

howlponyograve2.jpg

There are also two more GKids steelbooks coming in late August - Kiki's and Nausicaa:

kikinausicaa.jpg

Looking good! They're getting to some of my favorite titles in the UK sets now - I love Poppy Hill and Only Yesterday, and Ocean Waves as well.

If you count Cagliostro, as they did in the JP digipak singles, there are 23 Studio Ghibli movies total (including Ocean Waves). Red Turtle would make it 24.

The US has 3 Ghibli steels so far - two from Gkids, Howl's moving Castle and Ponyo, and one from Sentai, Grave of the Fireflies, which matches well enough. The GKids steels have a metallic finish, and Grave is more of a matte finish.

howlponyograve.jpg

howlponyograve2.jpg

There are also two more GKids steelbooks coming in late August - Kiki's and Nausicaa:

kikinausicaa.jpg
The Kiki's & Nausicaa ones look great! I love the bright colours but wonder how they'll look in metallic... maybe matte would be better 😂

Back