What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I didn't even bother with importing Weathering with You, didn't really care for it that much when I saw it at the theater. I'll just get a US domestic release, whenever it goes on sale. I'll probably end up buying the Your Name Steelbook coming from Gkids in September instead, for 8 different releases of that movie in my collection, lol.

Anyway, I received one today from Rightstuf - City Hunter Season 1 Set 2:

cityhunts1p2f.jpg

cityhunts1p2b.jpg

Last edited:
For a change I thought of making a pic when unpacking.

Here goes my most expensive forwarding package from Japan to date:
(I think it might even be my 2nd most expensive one package from Japan in total.=
20200529_155634.jpg

Not only should it have been added to my last one, but the forwarding not counting right caused the opening of a new package, SAL shipping got suspended and I forgot to tell them that I wanted Surface Mail, so out with DHL Express it went. Over 30€ extra, annoyingly. x.x"
Also Hoshiai no Sora p2 is kind of half an accident, it should have had been p1 first, but with when SAL got suspended I held that off for the time being.
Also
20200529_161012.jpg

I know I bought that half on investment so that a continuation comes out in some form........ But there is no denying that this release is rather on the bare bones side than not considering it's a JP release with quite the overprice over the average norm. (Like a white DVD amaray. Really?)

The Mask installments of the Utawarerumono franchise have been the latest thing I got hooked on (allbeit via watching the walkthrough videos) and the artbook is super thick little oversized beauty that contains a whole lot of artwork. (Too bad that ZAN Game came out after it, so its cover isn't part of it..... nor does any artbook beyond the booklet accompanying the Premium Edition of the Game exist. Anyone has that and want to ditch it? .-.)
............ the one major sour point being that it's got a tear in the dust cover right on the spine and the upper corner got a pretty good dent from some sort of hit. Almost shocking for that coming from a Japanese seller. >_>"
(It was wrapped in so much plastic and paper that it's unlike it was on transport.)

I didn't even bother with importing Weathering with You, didn't really care for it that much when I saw it at the theater. I'll just get a US domestic release, whenever it goes on sale. I'll probably end up buying the Your Name Steelbook coming from Gkids in September instead, for 8 different releases of that movie in my collection, lol.

Anyway, I received one today from Rightstuf - City Hunter Season 1 Set 2:

cityhunts1p2f.jpg

cityhunts1p2b.jpg
I do find it interesting that despite these being Region B, they don't mention it on the packaging. I think Robot Carnival did that as well.

Pointless story time: Yesterday UP1 dispatched my latest batch of anime that would have been 3 different orders but merged into one (RIP wallet). Usually, my flat doesn't get parcels on weekends, and today I wake up hearing a random phone noise and so I decide to check my flat phone just in case. Turns out it was my parcel and I'm like "lolwut".

nbz3iFMh.jpg

RqAPFaAh.jpg

First, we have more Monogatari. Now the original plan was to acquire some Monogatari sets earlier in the year but I didn't have enough funds to tackle Aniplex so it had to be pushed back to this quarter. I want to catch up and finish the Monogatari collection before Aniplex of Japan & America releases a Blu-ray Box of Final Season (Tsuki, Owari, Koyomi, Zoku Owari).

Therefore I now have Owarimonogatari Volumes 1 & 2. Interesting that my Tsuki set didn't have a Proof of Purchase card but these two do. You can find more photos and specs on my blog - Volume 1 / Volume 2.

kvSV1ZSh.jpg

Next, we have the latest big release from Funimation before Shield Hero came out with The Quintessential Quintuplets. I love this show and it pains me that Tezuka Productions didn't amend the animation flaws in a number of scenes for the Blu-ray. Props to Funimation for having pout scenes during the main menu of the Blu-ray discs. Despite being a TBS title, the Blu-ray discs are Regions A & B compatible which is nice. You can find more photos and specs on my blog.

coSrFxLh.jpg

Finally, we have That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 1 Part 2 set with its limited edition packaging. Manga Entertainment didn't bring the LE over to the UK so I decided to import it (and then if I wanted consistency I can just get the UK Part 2 later when it goes on sale). The booklet does have rips inside the pages. Like Part 1, Regions A, B, 1, 2 & 4 compatible. You can find more photos and specs on my blog.

I'm glad these sets arrived now because June's haul would be too much lol.

Pointless story time: Yesterday UP1 dispatched my latest batch of anime that would have been 3 different orders but merged into one (RIP wallet). Usually, my flat doesn't get parcels on weekends, and today I wake up hearing a random phone noise and so I decide to check my flat phone just in case. Turns out it was my parcel and I'm like "lolwut".

nbz3iFMh.jpg

RqAPFaAh.jpg

First, we have more Monogatari. Now the original plan was to acquire some Monogatari sets earlier in the year but I didn't have enough funds to tackle Aniplex so it had to be pushed back to this quarter. I want to catch up and finish the Monogatari collection before Aniplex of Japan & America releases a Blu-ray Box of Final Season (Tsuki, Owari, Koyomi, Zoku Owari).

Therefore I now have Owarimonogatari Volumes 1 & 2. Interesting that my Tsuki set didn't have a Proof of Purchase card but these two do. You can find more photos and specs on my blog - Volume 1 / Volume 2.

kvSV1ZSh.jpg

Next, we have the latest big release from Funimation before Shield Hero came out with The Quintessential Quintuplets. I love this show and it pains me that Tezuka Productions didn't amend the animation flaws in a number of scenes for the Blu-ray. Props to Funimation for having pout scenes during the main menu of the Blu-ray discs. Despite being a TBS title, the Blu-ray discs are Regions A & B compatible which is nice. You can find more photos and specs on my blog.

coSrFxLh.jpg

Finally, we have That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 1 Part 2 set with its limited edition packaging. Manga Entertainment didn't bring the LE over to the UK so I decided to import it (and then if I wanted consistency I can just get the UK Part 2 later when it goes on sale). The booklet does have rips inside the pages. Like Part 1, Regions A, B, 1, 2 & 4 compatible. You can find more photos and specs on my blog.

I'm glad these sets arrived now because June's haul would be too much lol.

Wait I always thought Monogatari was Rightstuf exclusive? I could have sworn I searched UP1 for it before, well now I know another place lol.

After searching again it seems they don't have all of it though which is a pity.
At the moment UP1 should only be selling Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari Black, Monogatari series: Second Season (BD-Box), Kizumonogatari Parts 1-3, Tsukimonogatari, Owarimonogatari Vols. 1-3, Koyomimonogatari and Zoku Owarimonogatari.

At the moment UP1 should only be selling Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari Black, Monogatari series: Second Season (BD-Box), Kizumonogatari Parts 1-3, Tsukimonogatari, Owarimonogatari Vols. 1-3, Koyomimonogatari and Zoku Owarimonogatari.

They only have the MVM release for Bake listed when I searched.

Last edited:
Back