UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

@anime_andrew Is there any news on what the store discounts will be in regards to the AL store? I kinda want to know more about that before I consider the membership (I've already seen all four films though I might rewatch PROMARE after what happened back in November (long story), but I might check out Wolf's Rain).

Hey hey!

Sorry been working my way through comments as the day has allowed here. The annual membership will come with a 10% off purchases on the shop - it can't be stacked on top of any other voucher but is otherwise unrestricted on any shop purchase so it applies to Early Bird's, normal sales etc.

We'll also be working in some treats for monthly + annual subscribers too from next month too, but that'll focus on specific titles as opposed to anything blanket.

Very best,

AP

Hey hey!

Sorry been working my way through comments as the day has allowed here. The annual membership will come with a 10% off purchases on the shop - it can't be stacked on top of any other voucher but is otherwise unrestricted on any shop purchase so it applies to Early Bird's, normal sales etc.

We'll also be working in some treats for monthly + annual subscribers too from next month too, but that'll focus on specific titles as opposed to anything blanket.

Very best,

AP
No worries there's no need to rush when it comes to answering questions if you want my opinion on that. I would like some clarity with the second sentence because admittedly it did confuse me a bit.

I assume the 10% off purchase means that it will work on Early Birds? is that correct? I understood the stacking part with vouchers since a lot of sites have that rule in place.

ettKiYS.gif

A 10% AL store discount makes ScreenAnime a no brainer for me as I buy pretty much everything they release anyway! I'm pretty sure I would have saved at least 40 quid this year already.

You can also joke about the All 4 deal that has a stretched version of Inuyasha and is dub only

Whoops was part way through this when I uploaded clearly! The issue here is delivery to national broadcasters doesn't necessarily follow the usual specs - fear not though, while dub access is the only way to get it just now there, there will be other ways over the coming months so stay tuned :). We're waiting on a few things with the HD materials though before we get something moving though as I'm certain folks would rather enjoy it in that form if they can :)

No worries there's no need to rush when it comes to answering questions if you want my opinion on that. I would like some clarity with the second sentence because admittedly it did confuse me a bit.

I assume the 10% off purchase means that it will work on Early Birds? is that correct? I understood the stacking part with vouchers since a lot of sites have that rule in place.

You are 100% correct there, the 10% discount will apply against Early Birds too :).

Very best,

AP

Last edited:
AL licences make up 19/50 (or 38%) of Sight & Sound's 50 essential anime films - a significant amount more than any other UK label. Credit where it's due!

Mind Game is worth it. Maybe the best film in the AL catalog, it's a film chockfull of ideas that you won't find anywhere else - certainly not contained within the same film.

MEGALOBOX Season 1 is next on the schedule - 27th July. Basically the Viz Media release with a blue background and an additional DVD disc that includes Japanese audio drama.

EZMnLwOXkAAbxfb.jpg

Anyone know if the store discount from being signed up to screen anime is meant to be active yet? I put megalo box in my basket but no discount came up.

*(I've also asked AL on twitter)

Back