UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Looking at how this currently works, how does it link towards Anime Limited? Since the yearly subscriptions come with additional bonuses specific towards the site, I initially expected that the two accounts would be linked in some way like with a shared account. However since you need to make a new account, will there be some form of linking between the two?

We have some back-end magic going on there - provided you're using the same e-mail account on both services we can ensure that your shop account is eligible for any shop-related bonuses along those lines.

If you've used different e-mail addresses across the two systems, just let us know and we should be able to fix things up for you!

I'm curious what the Thursday watch along party is? On paper it just seems like an agreed time to just watch Penguin Highway which for on demand is kind of redundant

It's mostly just an opportunity for people to watch a film together at the same time to bring a sense of community to the service - something I think we're all sorely missing with the lack of cinema visits currently. We're still experimenting with the format for this but am keeping it simple for now - we may have prizes though...

We have some back-end magic going on there - provided you're using the same e-mail account on both services we can ensure that your shop account is eligible for any shop-related bonuses along those lines.

If you've used different e-mail addresses across the two systems, just let us know and we should be able to fix things up for you!

Good to know thanks as I also got a year sub, gonna grab a beer and watch Promare in about an hour or so and looking forward to testing as well :)

It's mostly just an opportunity for people to watch a film together at the same time to bring a sense of community to the service - something I think we're all sorely missing with the lack of cinema visits currently. We're still experimenting with the format for this but am keeping it simple for now - we may have prizes though...

Prizes you say... 🤔

Ah, I figured that might be a possibility. Well, that or some linking option.
Leads on to another question too. In regards to the whole membership card think, I'm guessing that would be sorted out later in some item that needs to be "bought" or some form that is filled out? Because on the Screen Anime site, payment details only care about postcodes rather than full billing addresses like most things do.

Leads on to another question too. In regards to the whole membership card think, I'm guessing that would be sorted out later in some item that needs to be "bought" or some form that is filled out? Because on the Screen Anime site, payment details only care about postcodes rather than full billing addresses like most things do.

Yep, we're still ironing out the final details of how we'll handle the membership card side of things (as obviously the card is really most useful for events, which will be a way off at this point in time), but yes, we'll likely be reaching out for full address details as we reach the point of shipping them out.

Is the price in Euro supposed to be so high, if it is the exchange rate is abysmal as the bank rate is hovering around GBP£0.89=€1.
Screenshot_20200525-191313__01.jpg

Most likely answer seems to be that Irish VAT is getting added to a price that already has UK VAT applied.

Yep, we're still ironing out the final details of how we'll handle the membership card side of things (as obviously the card is really most useful for events, which will be a way off at this point in time), but yes, we'll likely be reaching out for full address details as we reach the point of shipping them out.

Ah, cool. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Is the price in Euro supposed to be so high, if it is the exchange rate is abysmal as the bank rate is hovering around GBP£0.89=€1.
View attachment 13520

Most likely answer seems to be that Irish VAT is getting added to a price that already has UK VAT applied.
Seems I'm correct, Irish subscribers are paying the price inclusive of the 20% UK VAT rate then having the Irish 23% VAT rate applied for a total of 47% of the cost being VAT(compound interest is a b***h).

If this isn't altered I won't be subscribing, as it is if VAT was correctly applied it is still more expensive than a 1 year sub to CR here which costs €40.

Last edited:
Oh my god Promare was the best episode of Jojo I have ever seen. Not an ounce of subtlety, thank you AL I can't remember the last time a movie had me grinning like that.
Haha, agreed, feels like it's already justified the price for this month!

Everything worked fine here, film played flawlessly at 1080p throughout (ended up going for sub). Looking forward to partaking in the Penguin Highway watch-a-long on Thursday.

Seems I'm correct, Irish subscribers are paying the price inclusive of the 20% UK VAT rate then having the Irish 23% VAT rate applied for a total of 47% of the cost being VAT(compound interest is a b***h).

If this isn't altered I won't be subscribing, as it is if VAT was correctly applied it is still more expensive than a 1 year sub to CR here which costs €40.
Hmm, feel like we could cheat the system if I gift you the subscription from my UK account?

The Penguin Highway watch-along will be fun. I remember at SLA, if we had time after a film, we'd meet up in the bar afterwards and dissect it. While we can't do that right now, we certainly can on Twitter :p.

The Penguin Highway watch-along will be fun. I remember at SLA, if we had time after a film, we'd meet up in the bar afterwards and dissect it. While we can't do that right now, we certainly can on Twitter :p.

So how is it going to work exactly is my question, will everyone be in a discord server or something at the agreed time?

Haha, agreed, feels like it's already justified the price for this month!

I am so happy I blind ordered the CE now lol. I'm also tempted to pick up their release of Gurren Lagann after watching Promare since it's on sale until Wendesday.

Last edited:
So how is it going to work exactly is my question, will everyone be in a discord server or something at the agreed time?
It will be on Twitter! Basically, everyone uses the hashtag #ScreenAnimeParty , so you can either follow the hashtag itself and see everyone talking about it, or just the people you follow on your feed - up to you.

It will be on Twitter! Basically, everyone uses the hashtag #ScreenAnimeParty , so you can either follow the hashtag itself and see everyone talking about it, or just the people you follow on your feed - up to you.

Ah that's a pity, I don't use Twitter so I'll be missing out.

EDIT: Welp I'm impressed, I think streaming from this platform was great on a tachnical level. I will keep my sub and see where this takes me.

Last edited:
Remembering the last time Anime Limited had a streaming site I'm wary of doing a full year

Does the site seem to be better to find video's / Video's all there?

Whats the video quality like?

Guess if I purchase a month to test it out I could always cancel and re-sub to the year?

I've subscribed for a month for now. The player uses Vimeo because the service runs off the back of Vimeo OTT.
https://vimeo.com/ott/home
That means that as far as service resiliency goes, if the infrastructure goes tits it'll still be able to fail over to the same servers Vimeo runs on. That eases my mind a bit. The only question for me relates to what titles AL manage to pick up in the future and their track record is good so far so I'm in :)

Remembering the last time Anime Limited had a streaming site I'm wary of doing a full year

Does the site seem to be better to find video's / Video's all there?

Whats the video quality like?

Guess if I purchase a month to test it out I could always cancel and re-sub to the year?

There is a free trial if you wanted to just see but I had no issues. I wasn't aware AL had a streaming service before but from the sound of it, it wasn't that good.

It was Wakanim And they put stuff like Kill la Kill behind it didn’t go well.
I’m mixed on the whole Vimeo back end as Vimeo ain’t know for it’s subs that work with multiple lines of dialogue.

Back