UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Someone mentioned FMP on twitter and it made me think, was Fullmetal Panic IV also part of the Funimation deal?
The first three seasons are still on the store so it's possible AL got the license direct from Japan. It's appearance on Crunchyroll may indicate it's also in the same situation as Cowboy Bebop and Love Live Sunshine where some Funimation series remained due to AL having the UK license. Licensing sure can be a fun mess.

The first three seasons are still on the store so it's possible AL got the license direct from Japan. It's appearance on Crunchyroll may indicate it's also in the same situation as Cowboy Bebop and Love Live Sunshine where some Funimation series remained due to AL having the UK license. Licensing sure can be a fun mess.
FMP was licenced directly by AL and should not be affected by the Funimation deal, getting a little long in the tooth though wrt the release of IV though.

Someone mentioned FMP on twitter and it made me think, was Fullmetal Panic IV also part of the Funimation deal?

It's not. The slowdown is we're working on the audio drama which has taken a while - we want to present it on-disc with subtitles as opposed to anything else there. It's still coming up from us and it'll be out in the next quarter or so :).

Best,

AP

It's not. The slowdown is we're working on the audio drama which has taken a while - we want to present it on-disc with subtitles as opposed to anything else there. It's still coming up from us and it'll be out in the next quarter or so :).

Best,

AP
Now that. That is how it should be done.

What bothered me a lot with Funimation's release for FMP IV was they decided to offer the audio drama on its own and was like "let's have the booklet do the work". That was as bad as one distributor handling Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo where they placed the subtitles on a PDF file.

Now that. That is how it should be done.

What bothered me a lot with Funimation's release for FMP IV was they decided to offer the audio drama on its own and was like "let's have the booklet do the work". That was as bad as one distributor handling Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo where they placed the subtitles on a PDF file.

That's how we feel on it (everyone's mileage varies and boy do I understand why a booklet is easier!) But we're cracking away at it, took a while to figure out if that would be allowed full stop though - but we're on it now and are all huge fans of FMP so keen to get it out the door!

Best,

AP

That's how we feel on it (everyone's mileage varies and boy do I understand why a booklet is easier!) But we're cracking away at it, took a while to figure out if that would be allowed full stop though - but we're on it now and are all huge fans of FMP so keen to get it out the door!

Best,

AP
I'm guessing for resource reasons the audio drama will probably be exclusive to the Collector's Edition (or Ultimate Edition)?

Best,

AP
Nice, much better than Funi with a printed script that doesn't fit in the box.

Back