What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Is it that lovely? I found it average especially when everything bar the chipboard box is reused from manga's CE.
Even the discs that found it acceptable to translate the end credits and ruin the whole design ( I refuse to watch it cos of that and the subs) Im glad Khara interfered as 3.33 is the best release disc wise

Is it that lovely? I found it average especially when everything bar the chipboard box is reused from manga's CE.
Even the discs that found it acceptable to translate the end credits and ruin the whole design ( I refuse to watch it cos of that and the subs) Im glad Khara interfered as 3.33 is the best release disc wise
I actually liked Manga’s 1.11 packaging as well, it looked quite smart with its matte slipcase. But then they screwed it up by adding the big blue bar of doom to both the (glossy) slipcase and the insert for 2.22. And then using the completely different Japanese block colour cover for 3.33 (but ruining that with the now black bar of doom) making absolutely sure none of them looked alike.

Hard cases are nice. Clean artwork is nice. No s*dding bars is nice. Consistency (which I trust AL with about a million times more than Manga) is especially nice. AL’s 1.11 wins hands down for me.

When nothing matches it, it doesn't. I still prefer the colour style packaging which manga ignored for 1 and 2 but then copied for 3 it works and I assume 4 will follow that.
The biggest shame is now 1.11 and 2.22 seem to be OOP. Which is a big problem now 4 is due (and half expecting to be in cinemas)

It’s extremely unfortunate. I wouldn’t be so bothered if I thought FuniManga would be able to re-release 2.22 & 3.33 in packaging that at least approximated AL’s lovely 1.11, but they couldn’t even make their own releases look consistent with one another.

Yeah, it's a shame, since I loved AL's minimalist, nerv-themed packaging. As always, it's going to annoy me to have the movies but in a Frankenstein manner, with different packaging and not the same publisher, but at least I got the CEs. Maybe a full boxset will come out with better packaging once 4 comes out on blu ray.

I don’t think so anymore... I just think manga hasn’t bothered to re release it. Actually 2.22 is in stock on amazon so they do still have it.
i think it's old stock, iirc around the time 3.33 came out i asked about 1.11 and 2.22 stock or a reprint because i wanted to get them and they said they didn't have the rights to both anymore so i had to buy them used

Arrived today:

img_0393_wynik.jpg

Do I need to watch the original Cardcaptor Sakura first?

Well, it's a sequel ... But you can watch it - you will not be thrown into the vortex of history for half with big "wtf" on the face, but you will lose a little, if you will not start watching this series from the beginning.

Yes i would say it’s necessary to watch original and I refuse to buy the second half of CC until S2 exists as the ending kinda made me hate it as it’s so sequel baiting it’s irritating. But AL where is the main show and a subbed stream while your at it!

View attachment 12382

Do I need to watch the original Cardcaptor Sakura first?

Edit: incidentally both parts of clear card are under £15 on amazon today, which is why I got them.
Oh that's one either the slip there? If you don't like it, I'd be interested in a take over~

Yes i would say it’s necessary to watch original and I refuse to buy the second half of CC until S2 exists as the ending kinda made me hate it as it’s so sequel baiting it’s irritating. But AL where is the main show and a subbed stream while your at it!
The manga is only at v7 so far and having read up to 6 recently that's nowhere even close to an arc ending. Seems like jp are getting two Vols part year. That's going to take quite a while for more material to adapt ...
(I think the anime is up to something like v4-5?)

View attachment 12381

Finally got the first funi order out of customs hell.... At a price. 🤷‍♂️

Netflix got me in the mood for Eva and I've kinda given up hope for AL to release the other Rebuild movies, so I tracked down the CE for 2.22 and I've also got the 3.33 CE on the way.

What a great series. The last time I properly watched Eva was years ago, so it's really like I'm rediscovering/actually understanding a lot of what's going on.

Curious to watch the movies. Even the infamous third one!

Did you pay customs?

unless you are from outside EU, during the transition period it shouldn’t have happen.

I got a order myself and sure didn’t get stuck on customs.

Did you pay customs?

unless you are from outside EU, during the transition period it shouldn’t have happen.

I got a order myself and sure didn’t get stuck on customs.

Yeah, I paid 40 CHF, in Switzerland. Not much of a sale thanks to the guys in customs 🤷‍♂️

I'm dreading getting the last order... There's a ton of stuff in there

Back