The General Conversation Area

Bah. Went to watch Picard on my aging tablet and its broken, the internal battery cable is physically ripped and the case is twisted. Dunno how the hell it happened as the room it's in has been empty all day >_< went to cancel an order I had so I could try and replace it but it's too late, the order has been dispatched. Luckily I have a win 10 laptop that splits into a tablet
Damn-I forgot that Picard has started. I'm fixing that right now, as soon as I get it downloaded I'll watch it on my plasma tv with my Odroid N2.

Last edited:
I have a £20 tablet from China. So long as I can access the internet on it and download the Prime app so I can watch that, I could care less as it's solely used for travel; on the plane and in the hotel when I can't find out on the tv there I like haha.

Seeing Spirited Away at Vue tomorrow, can't wait, it's going to look amazing on the big screen!

My new phone arrived 2 days ago and I love it, not much bigger than my SE which is great news.

Also doing well head space wise too, no more ended relationship woes as I can see things so clearly now and I had rose tinted glasses on when with him, I made the right choice ending it, I just have to deal with the fact he likes to play victim so every blue moon he'll continue to post pity status' slandering me.

2 weeks until my hol and atm it's averaging 20c there so hopefully will when I get there as the rooftop pool and the marina will look so amazing as would the view from the castle!

Hows the week treating y'all?

I found cat in my home in the early hours of this morning the cheeky sod was eating Angels food I told it to leave but the cat stood there looking at me until my dad came out of bedroom to see what going on then it left.

For the sweet bounty of baala’al, what a day.

I was forced to work on the machine barely good for scrap all day, The Brother was using the dishwasher which has now decided in the new house it shall form a habit of leaking, and the guy who came to setup sky ruins my setup... and wtf I’m in a waiting room for the dominoes site

Time for another rant... So I’m trying to track down a parcel from overseas which should be with me by now. Haven’t received an RM delivery card, but that’s nothing new as it happened to me last year resulting in goods being returned to Japan and I pretty much stopped having anything delivered to my uni address.

This parcel however contains stuff I have bought for a uni project. So what do I do if I think RM might have my parcel but haven’t bothered to leave a card? Well, I google to find out. And I find this:

FBE49953-7717-49B2-8A2D-44DA568541FD.jpeg

What’s that? Why it’s a deleted but still indexed page about this very issue, and its apparent replacement. Notice how they changed “I haven’t received” into “I lost” shifting the presumption of blame from themselves to the customer. Lovely. Also notice how without the card, you can’t collect parcels. Awesome.

As rants go that's quite brief for you mate which was very disappointing. Even so, if you can prove that Royal Mail had the parcel at some point then does that not qualify as theft?
Well the previous time it happened the parcel was back in Japan before I knew it had ever been in the UK. First I knew the seller contacted me to tell me it had been returned. I claimed the postage costs back from RM for that, but I’d really rather I actually received this parcel.

Do you have a tracking number? If so go to their tracking page and then you can prove that they have it. But I'm guessing you probably already know that!
Otherwise 🤔 go to the parcel collection place with your ID and ask them to search for a parcel under your address?
I just had a look:
If you missed a delivery but lost the red ‘Something for you’ card you can still arrange a redelivery to either your home or an alternative local address. For security reasons, without the card you can’t collect the item from your local Customer Service Point or Post Office Counter.

To arrange a Redelivery online you’ll need to know the details of the delivery, including the name on the item, address, date the card was left and, if you have it, the item number.
Wow, so you can't pick it up without a card and if a card was never posted you can't get a redelivery because you wouldn't know the date it "came"! Talk about being f***ed!

Well I guess you could still try the Customer Service Point and see if it's on their system, otherwise 🤷‍♂️

Pretty sure I went to my local depot without a slip and they found my parcel eventually. I had a slight go at them for not giving me one in the first place and then it turned up the next day, with the previous day's date on it. Yeah, nice job postman. He probably got a bollocking about it.
I did have a tracking number I think though. It was from amazon, and they told me it was with the depot. RM didn't tell me I needed a slip at all though when I turned up. No questions, just went to find it. Took them a while mind you. I don't even think the tracking number helped them find in the end ヽ(´ー`)┌

Happy Monday y'all. Jan was a long month and because of the leap year, Feb is slightly longer too!

Dating is a pain in the a*se. I want who I'm supposed to be with to come find me and/or teleport into my living room. I am that meme.

Good weekend? Spirited was fantastic in the cinema. Did nothing Sat and Sun. My favourite Italian restaurant is giving me a free meal too! I just need to decide when to go :)

Happy Monday y'all. Jan was a long month and because of the leap year, Feb is slightly longer too!

Dating is a pain in the a*se. I want who I'm supposed to be with to come find me and/or teleport into my living room. I am that meme.

Good weekend? Spirited was fantastic in the cinema. Did nothing Sat and Sun. My favourite Italian restaurant is giving me a free meal too! I just need to decide when to go :)
I'm internally laughing at people who bother with dating. Didn't you just get over what happened last time? Why let anyone in so soon without time for you?

Sure it gets lonely, but I've not got the kind of trust or confidence in other people to open myself up or feel like they care.
If you do the research too, it seems a lot of people don't want relationships since not enough people really care for each other to form that commitment

I can do without the people who don't want to try but also bemoan being alone though

I still haven't bothered with dating or romance at all. I kinda just gave up on that idea since sixth form back in 2013 and figured I'll let life sort it out for me when it is time to do so.

Then again I don't bother with the likes of clubbing or tinder compared to others out there.

I still haven't bothered with dating or romance at all. I kinda just gave up on that idea since sixth form back in 2013 and figured I'll let life sort it out for me when it is time to do so.

Then again I don't bother with the likes of clubbing or tinder compared to others out there.
I’m of a similar mindset, with the added element of being at work all week and not wanting to do much of anything at weekends at the moment.

I'm despising dating apps and it looks like I'm now experiencing the "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is" thing as well. My mini solo hol isn't coming quick enough as frankly I just want to f*ck off now and disappear.

I'm loving Picard too! It's slow paced "sort of" but I'm enjoying it so much :)
Also watching The Stranger too. Nothing special but it's keeping me watching.

Battling a 5 day migraine at the moment. This is day 3!

Well, done a few quality of life things today. Got rid of 2 desks that were just clutter, changed the rubbish hose coming off the dishwasher, fixed the shower handle

And also gave someone a permanent home...
20200205_141128.jpg

So... something a little different. Hopefully someone can help me (and hopefully this is in the right place!) I've received three t-shirts from some mystery boxes, and I'm wanting to sell them on Ebay... But I have no idea what franchise these are from. Any help would be great!

Dsc03678.jpgDsc03679.jpg
Dsc03691.jpg

Back