Berserk

I recently watched the 40 min youtube documentary "Berserk - More than Blood and Guts" which covers all the output (Manga, Anime and Video Games).

It caught me off guard as I was not expecting such a deep storyline and I am definitely no dark fantasy reader. However, I think I am going to take a tour to our nearest Manga and Comic book store tomorrow to see if I can get an example. It would be odd to buy the ultimate edition right away, so easy does it for me. :)

I do have a question for the experts here: I dont know if I got it correctly from the documentation - is the manga starting off in a different way that it is heading further down the path? For example - is it one of those "oh you have to read until chapter 10 until it gets good" mangas ? ;)
The collector sets are better quality and unless you are paying retail can be gotten for less than the 3 individual volumes.

My way to Berserk was definitely not an easy one. Like mentioned beforehand, I took quite a trip on Monday. Visited 4 Comic / Manga shops in two cities. The outcome were three different versions of the manga itself. A normal manga sized version (2 in 1), a more updated approach with a slight size increase and a ridicilous see-through envelope/cover (2 in 1) and the international ultimate version (3 in 1).
Only one shop had a single freshly wrapped version of the ultimate edition. They were suprised that I directly headed for this one. Due to the fact that I own very few mangas myself (only around 15) , I decided to go for the top quality and I am very happy so far. There is no significant price difference between GBP vs. EUR so it was a true investment.

However the journey was nice and I had a lot of talks with owners and employees. They were all happy that these ultimate editions are getting supported. I have not started to read yet but I leave a comment when I arrived in the world of Berserk ;)

Oh and btw - I instantly used the mentioned clue about the spine of an omnibus and how to handle it earlier in this thread. Great information , thanks !

alot of people really get into it after the golden age arc, I've seen complaints about the first part of black swordsman (there's a second part after golden age) doesn't have much development, mostly just the brutal fights, personally though I like those fights, a lot of people find themselves hooked if they stick around for the golden age though, it uses plenty of time to develop the characters and plot, you're going to like at least one of the characters during the golden age

Got a dispatch email for this, didn’t think it was out until late November.
Well, time to get another one. I thought only Vol.40 was out last month

If I had to guess, it covers doldery and ends with Griffith's arrest, vol 4 will cover the band on the run and the eclipse, vol 5 will cover lost children and possibly end with the end of conviction, and vol 6 just might start with new hawk

I could be wrong, but vol.2 ending the first part of black swordsman and ending on casca's backstory already covers a lot

Enjoy your time there!
Just as long as there isn't an Angel attack, the big typhoon caused enough damage here.

The pipeline with the onsen water was damaged so none of the outdoor baths are open. The railway was also damaged in the typhoon by a landslide.

Big Evangelion merch store at the main rail station in the area.

Just as long as there isn't an Angel attack, the big typhoon caused enough damage here.

The pipeline with the onsen water was damaged so none of the outdoor baths are open. The railway was also damaged in the typhoon by a landslide.

Big Evangelion merch store at the main rail station in the area.
Yes I can imagine there was quite a bit of damage, planning on getting any Eva merch?

Add me to the pile waiting for number 3. Annoying. Ordered from an Amazon 3rd party, BOOKS ltd or some such, they had a ton of feedback, so I hope they come through.

Back