Your viewing journal

I did find it quite funny lots of people who said they watch trigger shows ignored it. While Franxx was basically a A1 show jazzed up a bit. I couldn’t stand the innenudo though as it seems got worse gay couples can’t power it.

I very nearly went with Gridman instead of starting on Franxx. It's been on my radar for quite a while, and I did see the first episode back around the time it was airing, but purely on first impressions, I felt Franxx seemed more accessible. I do intend to go back to Gridman though. RahXephon too, for that matter.

The innuendo in Franxx hasn't actually bothered me as much as I thought it might, but as much as I don't think it was purposely trying to exclude anyone, I do think accusing it of being heteronormative is a fair criticism, at least based on what I've seen so far.

Franxx is quite a conflicting series for me since I love the first 16 episodes but it just drops so hard for the rest of the show. It really is a shame.

Will get back to watching Gridman at some point since I kinda dropped it and then heard good stuff about the rest. What I saw was good but I had quite a lot of series at the time so I had to drop something ¯\(ツ)/¯. Will say the animation for the following episodes looked fantastic from the clips I've seen.

While Franxx was basically a A1 show jazzed up a bit. I couldn’t stand the innenudo though as it seems got worse gay couples can’t power it.
I do think accusing it of being heteronormative is a fair criticism, at least based on what I've seen so far.
I thought it was perfectly reasonable myself. The machine will only respond to a pairing of XX and XY chromosomes, much like how reproduction occurs.

The exception is the intersex pilots of the Nines. This ties neatly back in to the Stamen/Pistil designation of the male/female pilots respectively, and thus is also a reference to how plants are both male and female.

It's all a comment on the basic building blocks of life, and how, without both the male and the female components being present, new life (in this case represented by the activation of a FRANXX) cannot be brought to bear.

I think it's very clever.

Last edited:
Astra Lost in Space episode 4 All my useless advice, all my hanging around/all your cutting down to size, all my bringing you down.

Demon Lord, Retry! episode 4 A promise not to leave.

How Heavy are the Dumbbells you Lift? episode 4 Beach visit.

GJ Club episodes 1-6

Death (True)² & End of Evangelion

Fate/Zero
s2 eps 1-3
Well those made up for the slow build up of the last 3 episodes of the first season.
That's 2 definitely out and a Master without a Servant.

I thought it was perfectly reasonable myself. The machine will only respond to a pairing of XX and XY chromosomes, much like how reproduction occurs.

The exception is the intersex pilots of the Nines. This ties neatly back in to the Stamen/Pistil designation of the male/female pilots respectively, and thus is also a reference to how plants are both male and female.

It's all a comment on the basic building blocks of life, and how, without both the male and the female components being present, new life (in this case represented by the activation of a FRANXX) cannot be brought to bear.

I think it's very clever.
It taking the biology angle of being homophobic doesn't make it not homophobic. As what do most people homophobia come out as its not natural. Well Giant robots aint natural either so its fictional so the biology angle doesnt it fix it.

Dr. Stone (dub) - Episode 1

Colour me intrigued, wikl certainly tune in next time. Like how they've managed to make the nerdy scientist highschooler 'cool' somehow.

If the series ever goes into what exactly caused the phenomenon and why. I'm predicting a terrestrial or alien force that's trying to reverse the damage of global warming by keeping humanity inactive for a time.

Isekai Cheat Magician episode 4
I still think this would've worked better if they hadn't done it as a re-telling of what's already happened. The opening scene in the first episode negates any concern about the jeopardy the characters could be in. That can sometimes be used well but in this case it makes me less bothered about what's gonna happen because we already know its all gonna work out okay for them.

Like how they've managed to make the nerdy scientist highschooler 'cool' somehow
I find both of the main characters in Dr Stone annoying and it winds me up when he says things like "it'd take billions to do that" or "not even 10 billion" then at the other end "not even a millimetre" and for someone who's supposed to be scientific and logical it doesn't make sense to me and sort of rubs me up the wrong way.

Given episode 3 An uncomfortable confrontation.

If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord episode 4 A difficult truth to face.

The Demon Girl Next Door episode 3 Practicisng with projectiles.

GJ Club episodes 7-12 & special (Complete. A fairly standard affair in terms of club based SoL but with a unique enough cast that it didn’t seem too repetitive and was entertaining and chilled.) 3.5/5

If It's For My Daughter ep 4
One tough first week at school. Dale sorted it like a boss, maybe he was a little too harsh with his demands of what should happen to the teacher given her circumstances, but she was way out of line with her response to Latina.

Given ep 3
A little part of the backstory behind Sato's guitar.

Astra Lost in Space ep 3
The plot thickens.

Funi failed on Dumbbells so I'll leave that for now. It's too warm for the PS4 to be on too long anyway. At least I have the Netflix app on my TV:

Fate/Zero s2 eps 4-6
So Kirei goes full evil. I found his VA too old/deep for him, but now it makes sense.
Then 2 episodes of backstory, so pretty much zero progress in the Holy Grail War, but unlike the 3 episodes that finished season 1 there is more intrigue and action.

Back