UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I do find the irony at people moaning “sale” for funimations prices quite funny because if not happy with a price I should wait for a sale.
Also it was £50 last year that’s what I paid so it’s cheaper and people are still moaning.

I do find the irony at people moaning “sale” for funimations prices quite funny because if not happy with a price I should wait for a sale.
Also it was £50 last year that’s what I paid so it’s cheaper and people are still moaning.
****** PAL DVDs, that’s a valid reason to wait.

** PAL DVDs, that’s a valid reason to wait.
Well its the same price as a AL CE so you get the **** DVDs for free.
Its also I ever want to watch the DVDs I don't so. I give up caring about combo packs as I do the advantages to the business.
I do like ALs secretly ditching of DVDs. All the titles they have exclusive license to no DVDs with no announcement they binned them

If people aren't happy about a price they should freely mention it. I doubt it'll make a difference. Telling people if they can't justify a price for a show then wait for the next sale is valid advice. Not paying the normal retail price shouldn't be condemned.

Well its the same price as a AL CE so you get the **** DVDs for free.
Its also I ever want to watch the DVDs I don't so. I give up caring about combo packs as I do the advantages to the business.
I do like ALs secretly ditching of DVDs. All the titles they have exclusive license to no DVDs with no announcement they binned them
While MVM decided to announce that they will ditch DVDs altogether last year.

Manga is slowing doing the same time for certain series like Boruto, CCS Clear Card trying to get DVD onlys to upgrade to Blu-Ray.

Manga is slowing doing the same time for certain series like Boruto, CCS Clear Card trying to get DVD onlys to upgrade to Blu-Ray.
Yeah I know MVM announced it as did manga. AL didnt bar here. Hanners mentioned it briefly iirc. Its just weird they are still doing the combo sets for films while removing DVDs. Maybe the poster are the new added extra. (Please AL stop with the folded posters)

Boruto and Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card are cases where there is no DVD author available in US & Australia, and making DVD authors is relatively costly last I had checked. If Manga were to make DVDs, chances are they will be a mess quality control-wise so I wouldn't even risk it.

Boruto and Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card are cases where there is no DVD author available in US & Australia, and making DVD authors is relatively costly last I had checked. If Manga were to make DVDs, chances are they will be a mess quality control-wise so I wouldn't even risk it.
Well AL QC isn’t great atm themselves. Also are MVMs Kizumonogatari AoA’s masters? As ooh AnoHana probs will be I hope.

Well AL QC isn’t great atm themselves. Also are MVMs Kizumonogatari AoA’s masters? As ooh AnoHana probs will be I hope.

MVM's release of Kizumonogatari are indeed AoA's masters. In fact, it's a 1:1 clone, right down to the bilingual warning screen, and the fact that it's Region A compatiable. The only thing that's different is the disc art, due to it requiring the BBFC certificate, and the MVM logo appearing on the disc cover.

Last edited:
Yay hope for AnoHana then.
Monogatari And Fate are the only two shows I buy AoA still for but it is great that Kizumonogatari is finally here and has a good release.

Yay hope for AnoHana then.
Monogatari And Fate are the only two shows I buy AoA still for but it is great that Kizumonogatari is finally here and has a good release.
In fact, the booklet is supposedly identical to the point where it even lists the original soundtrack setlist.

To see the discount applied, you have to go all the way through to the final screen before confirming your purchase and it only shows the total discount and not the price per item.

Back