UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Me or HMV? 😂
Hahaha definitely HMV

They've been so mismanaged over the years. Read a case study where they were told to start selling digital music by a marketing company they hired to help them strategise long before anyone else was doing. Apple music didn't even exist yet. And the CEO at the time threw them out saying no one will ever want to stream music ppl want to hold physical CDs and records. Did not go well for them.

Hmv have sold online for years, and was doing so until their latest financial crisis.
But I feel like they never did it well. I was a purehmv member and I still never bought from them online. Either items werent appearing online or prices weren't competitive. Maybe things improved over time but I was already well away from their online stuff by then.

Hopefully they use this reboot to create a good online user experience. Given how poor and complacent amazon have become (and how indifferent people seem to be towards zavvi) I feel like the market there for a good online retailer of film and music which holds customer service in high regard.

HMV were good with Arrow Video releases as they charged on dispatch and sets usually turned up on the day of release, plus the points. I hope to use them again on the new website too.

HMV were good with Arrow Video releases as they charged on dispatch and sets usually turned up on the day of release, plus the points. I hope to use them again on the new website too.
That's good to know. Tbh for a long time now I wouldn't even think to check hmv when buying online even though I'd always check in store when in town. Wouldn't surprise me if a sizable chuck of potential customers were the same.

If they advertise this relaunch properly they could add a good level of disruption to the online market.

how do aol handle orders with something instock and something that's a pre-order? do they ship the pre-order out separately whenever it's due to come out or is it all together?

Semi-list of decent price offering or 'this out of print set is still somehow available':

Eromanga Sensei Part 1 Blu-ray - £15.00
Eureka Seven Hi Evolution 1: Renton (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray - £22.98
Fireworks (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray - £23.69
K: Missing Kings (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray - £22.99
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray - £22.99
Tokyo Marble Chocolate (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray - £24.95

Worth noting that the Mirai price on Amazon has now gone up to £30.

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Todays mega deal on TRSI is The Ancient Magus Bride part 1 CE for $26.99.

The standard is available for $23.49

Isekai Smartphone is also down to $20.99

Overlord II LE is $26.54 same price as SE

Overlord II LE is $26.54 same price as SE
Yeah, there are some crazy deals. The Fruits Basket CE is cheaper than the SE atm. The AoT2 CE is ess than $30 too.

Mob Psycho 100 and Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto BDs are £19.99 in HMV.

Something else that comes in two parts is £9.99 per part on BD, but I can't remember what it's called and I've got bored scrolling through Amazon to find it. It's yellow anyway.

Edit: It was Occultic;Nine. Well there you go.

Last edited:
Back