UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Went for Hanasaku Iroha's two volumes. I have the NISA premium editions, which work in my two Panasonic Home Cinemas with the top menu workaround, but I had a shock earlier this year when I tried a disc in a newer standalone Panasonic player and got the Region lock screen and stuck there. So I'm future proofing.

Went for Hanasaku Iroha's two volumes. I have the NISA premium editions, which work in my two Panasonic Home Cinemas with the top menu workaround, but I had a shock earlier this year when I tried a disc in a newer standalone Panasonic player and got the Region lock screen and stuck there. So I'm future proofing.
Buying a region free player would work out cheaper in the end.

I pre-ordered Girls Last Tour and will probably do the same for the two Kizu movies. Depends on how much I spend this weekend... it could be a heavy one :oops:

Also I'm getting a replacement for the Made in Abyss BD that went gone missing, so huge thanks for that, MVM.

My copy of Land of the Lustrous (Complete Collection) has just arrived!

I wasn't expecting this until the end of May! Thank you very much MVM :D

Same, works fine on my mates old ps4 but it doesn't work on mine or my Samsung blu ray player.
I've messaged mvm and there looking into it.
They said I can return it or wait a month for a replacement once they've sorted it out.
I'm happy to wait, its just a pain that its happen to me twice in one month as I had the same exact issue with Overlord 2

Oh, so it's not just me then. It seems to initially load on all the devices I've tried without issue, but if you stop playing/power off the player and then try to continue later on, it takes many attempts as it tries to restart. I'm guessing there's an issue with the disk trying to recover the information to play from its last known spot. The 2-3 times I tried to restart on my ps3 it took 5-10 minutes of fiddling about and a lot of unhealthy noise as the disk reader nearly tore itself apart as it tried to boot it back up.

Sigh :(

There's definitely something wrong with my second disc. It arrived loose in the case, but looking at it there is no visible damage.

When I put it in the drive it took a few times to get it to recognise the disc, and then it whirred a lot louder than playing the first disc.

I suppose it's actually working, but if I get the opportunity to replace it I will.

Back