What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Ooh, what's up with all the Time of Eve swag in here all of a sudden - is there a sale or a re-stock going on? I love that movie, it's one of the first anime I always show to any of my anime newbie friends, to help get them started. I have both the LE and SE releases from the original Pied Piper 2013 Kickstarter, along with the fan book and Another Act, plus a few more goodies:

Top row: Time of EVE fan book, Time of EVE: Another Act light novel, Chayama Ryusuke art book, additional 2014 image on post card included with art book.

Bottom Row: A4 Nagi illustration on heavy card stock, A4 Sammy illustration on heavy card stock, Time of EVE clear file.

toebooks1.jpg

And, the bestest-of-all Time of Eve Kickstarter Swag, by far:

8cup3can.jpg

That's an incredible Time of Eve collection!

I've also got Time of Eve from Kickstarter. Same image as Girl with Gun's first image Except for the heavy card stock. But he's missing out on the artcards on there. (Though not sure if those counted to the LE rather than the extra merch.)
And I just realize I still haven't read the books, lol. (I did manage the LE booklet's extra story - The movie-only new scenes make a lot more sense with them.)

I never knew Time of Eve was temporarily not sold in the UK anymore. Might be worth double dipping on some some then now rather than later, hm.

Yes, I have the art cards too - I just did a search for a couple of quick pics from another forum I had the photos on, and posted them here, just so my post wasn't 3 pages too late to the conversation, lol... I also have the JP import OVA Blu-ray set Rightstuf had sold back before the Kickstarter; I believe there are art cards in that set as well... Like you, I haven't actually gone through all of my ToE stuff in detail, either!

Here's a link to a couple of my posts from 2013 and 2014 with pics of the Kickstarter LE set and the art cards, and more detailed pics of the extra coffee cups and canisters I picked up through Ann Yamamoto of Pied Piper:

Time of EVE Kickstarter Set

Time of Eve Coffee Cup/Saucer/Canister sets

Sorry, didn't mean to monopolize the thread with Time of EVE stuff, but that Kickstarter was the best and most exciting one out of the dozen anime Kickstarters I've participated in so far - although Ann's Skip Beat! Kickstarter was a close second! :)

Last edited:
Skip Beat was quite interesting, to follow, too, I got the Anime set pretty much just because of that (as I really don't like the anime much at all), also in hopes for a third one, which hopefully would be more up to my alley. But then Ann went for the RS/Nozomi Aria/Emma projects, which kind of weren't quite as interesting to follow anymore. (Got the Aria set regardless.)
But while I double dipped on the novel back then I held off of the cups and canisters. I'd never start to actually use them and as a non coffee/tea-drinker the likelihood if doing so even if I dared is rather low.

I actually liked the Skip Beat! anime, even though it was a little excessive in comedy parts for me, which I don't care for, but the story was good - but yeah, I wish it had a continuation from where it left off. Emma is a series I absolutely love, so looking forward to that one; Aria is just meh to me, but I supported it anyway, just for the exclusive box more than anything, lol...

Since I have a projection movie theater and snack bar in my basement, I wanted all the Time of EVE cups, saucers, and canisters for the snack bar, to serve coffee for my guests. I want to make a little Time of EVE cafe in my theater room, just wish I had a little more space to do it in...

I actually liked the Skip Beat! anime, even though it was a little excessive in comedy parts for me, which I don't care for, but the story was good - but yeah, I wish it had a continuation from where it left off.
The anime follows it's source material quite nicely, the script is definitely not with much of an issue (aside the usual phenomen of ending in the middle of nowhere, but the manga kinda went to nowhere later one anyway, so duh) and the VA are well chosen as well. But the direction both in visuals and sound and general quality just... well, let's say it was rather disappointing. I guess it's better if you don't know the original, but the Manga's visuals managed way better and poignant presentation/pacing.

Reminds me, I need to read the Manga on too, haven't been at it for years, but kept stacking up the volumes, lol.

Not sure if this will help as I didn't really know what to say but:
EDIT 1: I personally find the paper quality of the books "fine "but can't decide if their weaker than Viz's or not I just feeling between the two but can't really tell but I think Viz and the OTP Del Rey Tsubasa books which I tried against are stronger. The cover and backs in comparison don't have the glossy(is that the right word?) shiny material like that of Viz's Manga but more of a softcover(Same for the LN). Also don't feel like they will fall apart and feel quite study to me.
Also noticed with the Manga Of Shield Hero the books are a bit shorter in terms of height when comparing the spines to other single Volume Manga .
I think in some reviews people complained about translation and grammar issues in the Manga but it's all made sense to me although I have noticed one Mistake so far "Naofumi misspelt as " Nafoumi"once in Volume 3 of the Manga.
Strangely chapters are not page numbered at all in the Manga ,their titles are listed though which is rather odd and little annoying.But other than that I find them personally good.

EDIT 2: Thinking about it again, I think the presentation is much nicer in other Manga judging from what I've read recently that I have read in the way it's laid out Viz,Del Rey etc looks and feels better to me.But I mostly buy physical as I don't really like Digital so it doesn't bother me.

thanks very much for the detailed response its appreciated :) i think ill buy a volume and see how it goes, i really do like my physical collection just in the past had some awful quality books that ive had to turn digital for a few, thank you!

thanks very much for the detailed response its appreciated :) i think ill buy a volume and see how it goes, i really do like my physical collection just in the past had some awful quality books that ive had to turn digital for a few, thank you!

You are welcome ^_^.

Today from the Disney Shop got Disney's new Simba and and Nala plushies which are super cute, soft and floppy.Last time I bought Lion King plushies around this size was around 2004 when I was briefly in the Guides in Disneyland Paris got Simba and Nala,and well Nala's colouring is really off ,a really dark orange .Both are unfortunately in the loft and a bit ruined.
Also bought their new Simba beanie plush plus Lady.
IMG_20190419_150744218_HDR.jpgIMG_20190419_150710329_HDR.jpgIMG_20190419_151102014_HDR.jpgIMG_20190419_151155905_HDR.jpgIMG_20190419_151202145_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Received some money to help cover the month of May, and my Mum's birthday was around the corner and I got her a card and Fantastic Beasts 2 along the way. Since the film was 2 for £25 I decided to pick up the original 1998 Ring film, directed by Hideo Nakata from Arrow Video.

Here's the reversible cover for the standard Blu-ray set, resembling the original theatrical poster for the Japanese release:

IMG_20190420_133411.jpg

Back