Your viewing journal

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 97 A pretty fun episode. Can’t believe the series is almost at 100 episodes now.

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno episode 10 False alarms and leg hair.

Mysteria Friends episode 8 Comfy stuff.

The Magnificent Kotobuki episode 9 Another entertaining episode, with a sense of threat on the horizon.

K-ON!! (Rewatch) episodes 20-21, 25, 22, The movie, 26, 23-24 [watched chronologically] & Ura-On!/!! shorts (Complete. Just as much fun as the first season, with a fun movie and shorts to compliment it. I’m pretty sure I didn’t watch one or two of the bonus episodes the first time around too.) 4.5/5 (Series), 4/5 (Movie)

Mysteria Friends episode 8
Wasn't at all impressed this week.

Boogiepop and Others episode 15
Preferred the previous arc but see how it finishes.

Mangirl episodes 7-13(complete)
Not the best but at 3:30 per episode it was a fun pallet cleanser.

Domestic Girlfriend episodes 1-5
Watched this on the recommendation of a few of the others on here and liked it a lot more than I expected to.

Little Witch Academia eps 21-25 (complete)
I really enjoyed this final arc of the series as things were revealed and then everything from before came together in that signature Trigger way in a crescendo.
Overall it's a joyous and at some points emotional series with a variety of good characters. The main character, Akko, is enthusiastic and determined, although sometimes this comes of as selfish and stubborn, but overall I liked her.
The plot has the usual build to a high point in the end that Trigger (I'm including Gurren Lagann in this) is so good at usually (let's ignore FranXX which seemed to dip after the halfway point and then remembered it was a Trigger show and overshot itself trying to get back on correct trajectory!) Although in the case of LWA the start point was much more low key.
Art and animation were bright and colourful, making the magic come alive. And the music was very good as well.
9/10

Binged much of what amazon has for karakuri Circus and got deep into it 😂 up to ep 20 now... I wonder why I like it past a certain number of episodes
Karakuri has a raki, spot the raki. Seriously though he’s more important to the deeper plot

The claymore are warriors that slay yoma monsters and are ostracised for what they really are
The shirogane are warriors that slay automata monsters and are afraid of being ostracised for what they really are

The claymore belong to a nameless, shady organisation that treat them like trash
The shirogane belong to a nameless organisation capable of breeding corruption that treats many of its members like trash (albeit this is of their own making)

The claymore are all varying shades of blonde, white or silver hair, have silver eyes and are immortal, they can also heal some mortal wounds
The shirogane have silver hair, silver eyes age five times slower than humans and can heal some mortal wounds

Clare is driven by revenge to destroy Priscilla, one of the most powerful awakened beings that has ever existed
All shirogane are initially driven by a sense of vengeance from bae Jin to destroy the original creator of the automata, doll Francine

Them twists though... is karakuri just claymore with jojo refrences?

Anyway, got back to the Konosuba dub for ep 5 😂
43984661_138355200459505_1142073645129019267_n.jpg

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 20

Dororo Episode 10
That's a big Crab! Finding the answers you seek and a fateful encounter.

Pastel Memories Episode 10

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 23
Fulfilling your promise. Some reminiscing on the past and an emotion farewell.

Dororo episode 10 A worthy fighter.

Mob Psycho 100 II episode 10 Fighting for the sake of insurance.

Avengers: Infinity War (Film) (Rewatch) Decided to rewatch this before seeing Captain Marvel tomorrow afternoon. It’s quite the epic and manages to cram in a lot of story. I’m curious to see how everything will be undone in Endgame. 4/5

Princess Principal episodes 10-12 [End] - A pretty great series from studios Actas and 3hz with an interesting setting and a well developed cast of characters. The steampunk alternate London aesthetic was well executed and was complimented with a wonderful jazz style soundtrack by Yuki Kajiura. Unfortunately the story could've benefited from being a 2 cour production as it felt like the series ended rather abruptly with some story still left unresolved. Thankfully Actas x 3hz are currently producing a sequel film series so that should tie everything up nicely. 8/10

Slow Start episodes 9-10

The neighbor couple was over last night and we watched Episode 8 of gen:LOCK in the theater. This was actually the last episode of Season 1, but it was very intense and a great finish to the season. Unfortunately now we'll have a very long wait until next January for Season 2... :(

We then started in on Part II of Kuromukuro, watching episodes 14-17 before calling it a night. Here come the Ogres!

The Irregular at Magic High episodes 1-13
This is pretty average and predictable but I just needed a something on Netflix I hadn't seen yet and it's been sat there staring at me for ages. I'll finish it off with the second cour but I'm in no rush for it.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 23
The first half of this episode was same as usual but what happened in the rest? It felt like some poor bugger got run over and they had to do with filler.
We then started in on Part II of Kuromukuro, watching episodes 14-17 before calling it a night. Here come the Ogres!
What happened to not liking mecha and school stuff - it's sort of both really.

Today I watched the anime called " the napping princess " to be honest I was kind of attracted by the funny title. but it turned out to be really interesting anime in which the reality mixes with fantasy. but it can also be defined scientifically. the anime looks simple bt it has many intriguing curiosity to it.

Dream Hunter REM OVA 1 (1985)

A fantasy/horror cult favourite among the vintage anime crowd, I thought it was the first REM OVA that I'd seen before, but it must have been a later episode - I didn't remember this one at all. Famously, the first episode was originally released as a hentai title, before its popularity saw it re-edited for a wider market, and it does show. It's not difficult to guess where certain scenes were presumably cut, and the first half does come across as a little skeezy at times, albeit probably no worse than the livelier instalments of the Monogatari franchise today.

That said, it's not hard to see why it would be considered for mainstream release. The Elm Street style premise of REM entering peoples' dreams to exorcise their demons is quite novel. Although the budget was clearly limited, there's some real care gone into fancy animation details (notably REM's brief Poltergeist style delusion about her skin falling off), while the creature design is both admirably weird and endearingly cheeky - one of those floating apparitions was clearly Ultraman...

My only word of warning would be that, despite the cutesy, magical-girl like designs on the cover, the show is quite explicitly gory at times, particularly in the second episode, where a comedically dressed serial killer starts carving people up inside their dreams.

Last edited:
What happened to not liking mecha and school stuff - it's sort of both really.

Well, my neighbors both happen to like mecha, and I always let them pick which anime they want to watch. I can show them the few mecha series I do have and am ok with - Kuromukuro, Aldnoah Zero, Escaflowne, IBO, and a couple others. Granted, I would prefer there not be giant mech in the stories, I just have to roll my eyes and tolerate it - the mecha is my least favorite part of any of those shows. Kuromukuro does also have a bit too much cutesy and high school in it for me, so I do cringe at that too. Lol, not really sure why I still like it, actually...

Back