Your viewing journal

Boogiepop and Others 12-13
Ekoda-chan episode 9
Run With The Wind episode 21
Rising of The Shield Hero episode 9
My Roomate is a Cat episode 9
Mangirl episode 1-5

Run With the Wind ep 20
Dayuuuum, that was an ep. I reaaaally want a happy ending for our boys now.
Screen Shot 03-07-19 at 10.13 AM.PNG

Shield Hero ep 9
For some reason I had it in my head that there was a lot more to the trader/cleaning up after other heroes arc. Oh well. A linking episode this one, albeit an entertaining one.

Run With the Wind ep 20
Dayuuuum, that was an ep. I reaaaally want a happy ending for our boys now.

Shield Hero ep 9
For some reason I had it in my head that there was a lot more to the trader/cleaning up after other heroes arc. Oh well. A linking episode this one, albeit an entertaining one.
Run with the Wind has been a very entertaining sports anime and I’m glad I decided to start watching it last season.

I did feel initially that it would be very similar to other sports anime but there’s something different about the cast and the writing which makes it more unique.

I did notice that yeah, it spends more time on the training and bonding aspects of the team as opposed to long tournament/competition arcs like say Yowamushi Pedal does (note: I do quite like the Pedal franchise, just using it as an example as opposed to a criticism.)

That they are, as I noted in my comment above. I think Pedal manages to keep the tension up for the most part, and captures the atmosphere of how it would feel to participate in a long and drawn out cycling competition.

They are but when all sports seems similar due to that formula a bit different is a good thing to see. Though I love all the sports anime I’ve seen though Ace of Diamond I don’t love yet as it’s a bit slow (10 eps in)

I think it's because the stated goal isn't to become the best or anything (no matter what the twins might say). It's about "discovering what it means to run", as it were.

Also, the Hakone Ekiden being a once-yearly thing and Haiji being in his final year already means it has a very definite start and end point. It lends to character development over sporting development.

Not that I don't love a good sports shounen (Haikyuu, Kuroko's Basketball and such are some of my favourite shows) but it's a really nice change of pace due to the slightly different focus :)

Edit: Fair warning @thedoctor2016 that Ace of Diamond doesn't really speed up. It's easier to get invested later on when they're regulars and during big matches but it's always a relatively slow burn show.

just an update on stuff I've been keeping up with, one I've been watching the most is AoT (cue ned stark 3b is coming memes) but I'm still on season 1
of course I've seen this weeks Mob Psycho 100 near every damn episode now builds a hype train, great season so far!
plan to watch Alita later today at the films

I was watching Karuki Circus before, up to the end of ep 5, I really like the female lead, I wonder why...

I wonder...
72654.jpg
Karakuri-Circus-2.jpg

It is nice to see how the opinion of sports anime has changed even in 4 years. People didn't really Haikyu much at the start iirc S2 was when it got big and S3 it got massive... (Sentai S3 please be June!) ngl though after how Haikyu did here and not many people watched Ballroom when it aired due to amazon i wonder if AL licensing it is a bit of a gamble.

I’ll admit I missed all that since I only really got into sports anime in the past year or so, but I’ve yet to watch a sports anime I flat out didn’t like, even with those revolving around sports I have little to no interest in such as football.

I dislike both long shounen matches/battles and sports anime, so they're all a big skip for me. I don't have a single sports anime title in my collection. :eek:

You should try a non shounen sports anime like Chihayafuru, Run with the Wind, Tsurune or Welcome to the Ballroom. They are much more focused on the characters/relationships than the sports themselves.

Little Witch Academia (dub) eps 1-5
Quite fun so far with lots of winks at or subversions of fantasy franchises and tropes.
Seems a bit episodic with very little overarching plot or character progression. If I didn't know it was anime I might have mistaken it for a Western cartoon, especially as I am watching the dub.

Back