UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

end of digipak releases hopefully too,
I asked FOR digipacks cos I love them. Without them I probably wouldn't buy a lot of AL stuff they make me like some of ALs releases like Hi Evo without a digipack the set would be meh I like the set cos of the digipack adding to it. The film is bad though

Last edited:
Whats not to like about digipacks? Much nicer than an ugly blue case imo.

I suggested they license HxH but surely someone would of got that already if it was a possibility. :confused:

It’s the cost. And 13 ep sets weren’t sustainable in America we have no chance I feel of them recouping costs and in America HxH was on TV and still people didn’t want 13 ep sets. (I don’t disagree with Viz making them 26 but here I feel whoever would need the 13 ep sets due to bbfc)

My comments were mainly that I didn’t want dvds with Blu Ray sets and that digipaks are preferable.

Found it odd that booklets weren’t listed under what would people like in limited editions but useless tut like stickers and keychains were.

Yeah I listed booklets in the other option. Honestly they should just take note of what MVM is doing and remove tat from Sentai sets. MVM have been doing great work with their Sentai releases.

Agreed, booklets and maybe a few art cards alongside a nice outer box are all I need. The inclusion of a digipak usually depends on what the release is and who is providing assets.

This might sound off topic but why hasn’t Yu Yu Hakusho been released on Blu-ray here? Did nobody buy the dvds?

I'm not sure it's had a DVD release? At least not one I can find that's in print. I imagine the BBFC costs and the show being old and relatively obscure (compared to its ilk) would make something like that unlikely.

The 4k thing is interesting sewing as most anime isn't produces in 4K anyway only rescans and recent dims benefit. If I were Manga is hold back till the next wave of Console's which will probably have 4 K drives. Honestly Blu ray does me fine so in not too fussed either way.

The 4k thing is interesting sewing as most anime isn't produces in 4K anyway only rescans and recent dims benefit. If I were Manga is hold back till the next wave of Console's which will probably have 4 K drives. Honestly Blu ray does me fine so in not too fussed either way.
The current Xbox One models already has a 4k drive on it

I put, it would be better if you release more titles on blu ray rather than focusing on one 4k title.
As for L.Es I think Animatsu had the right idea.

The current Xbox One models already has a 4k drive on it
Though this is true, it probably only counts for a small section of the market. It needs to be standard from release. I still don't see huge benefits of 4K for anime aside from the odd film or rescan. No the same jump that blu ray provided anyway.

Back