Berserk

Forgive the bad quality (pic taken on an aging phone) but here's the latest addition to my Berserk collection. Medicom's 1/6 scale Black Swordsman Guts. It's incredible. I love how the cape has been made weathered on the bottom and all the extra little details. You can swap his head for an enraged head with a moveable eye pupil to recreate the white eye look as well as transforming the arm cannon and attaching the crossbow. He's extremely poseable and can wield the dragon slayer easily without any issues. It's also the only Guts figure that I really love the face sculpt of.

Last edited:
Forgive the bad quality (pic taken on an aging phone) but here's the latest addition to my Berserk collection. Medicom's 1/6 scale Black Swordsman Guts. It's incredible. I love how the cape has been made weathered on the bottom and all the extra little details. You can swap his head for an enraged head with a moveable eye pupil to recreate the white eye look as well as transforming the arm cannon and attaching the crossbow. He's extremely poseable and can wield the dragon slayer easily without any issues. It's also the only Guts figure that I really love the face sculpt of.

Looking good man, very nice figure that's easy to display. You're right alot of companies seem to get Guts's face wrong quite often which is off putting. Mines a big statue that's still being paid off o_O

@Vincentdante The statue looks pretty great too. I hadn't seen that one until you posted the image. It's really nice. I was kind of tempted by one i saw online recently which was Guts and Griffith Vs Nosferatu Zodd. Yeah it seems Mirura's art style is somewhat difficult to capture in a sculpt for many companies. I like the medicom one and the statues like yours because they seem to be more based on Mirura's work rather than a hybrid of how he looks in the manga and differing anime adaptations.
I'm kind of behind on the series. Need to get back to reading it again.

Damn! I was expecting it to be Vinland saga sized. Its huge!

It was so tall, so thick, so many pages, far to big to be called a book, it was more like a hunk of raw paper

Seeing the format like that just makes me want it more, I don’t know if I’m willing to wait that long to collect it again though and who wants my single volumes?
I’ve done the gud maffs in my head though and doing so at the end of 4 years would cost about £400 nearly bang on, single volumes cost me more then that. If I’m predicting it right, Miura will end it at around 45-50 volumes, about £500 to finish everything

For anyone interested and don't collect comics I have stacked a small collection of tpbs between some omnibus next to a pile of standard blu rays for comparison. DC uses the same length format but have thicker, heavier omnibus so would have been a pain to use them :p

15507352672365442420775065377050.jpg

Looks very good, I’ll have to find space for these somehow.

Such inner conflict is raging within me right now. The edition is beautiful and looks soooo much bigger than I anticipated but where the hell will I keep these? Also I've spent a good portion of my adult life collecting all the regular size single volumes and spent a ton of cash. I feel like the above quote from HWR kind of summarises my collecting in a nutshell. I love my big artbooks, comic onmibuses and manga hardcovers and the size of many of em is becoming a major problem of late. Why aren't there more deep shelves more readily available in the world?

I’m fortunate in that I have yet to collect any Berserk volumes, yet I’m unfortunate in that the core reason for that is a lack of space. I’ll need to make a fair amount of room to hold these, and I already have a shelf that’s basically dedicated to Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul: re and the Fullmetal Alchemist Full metal editions.

I’ll find a way, somehow...

After seeing the video I'm going to HAVE to. It's one of my all time favourite manga and I need to experience Mirura's incredible artwork at that size. Nice to see there's a bit more consistency with all the FX there from the beginning and the panels not getting cut off at the edge on some pages. Hopefully the terms used in the translation will be nice and consistent too.

After seeing the video I'm going to HAVE to. It's one of my all time favourite manga and I need to experience Mirura's incredible artwork at that size. Nice to see there's a bit more consistency with all the FX there from the beginning and the panels not getting cut off at the edge on some pages. Hopefully the terms used in the translation will be nice and consistent too.
What about the same treatment for Claymore, seeing in a bigger format that mistake Yagi makes with Miria’s Scar 🤣
It’s next month for us anyway, plenty of time for those of us with single volumes to figure out where they are going

I've never read Claymore before but from what I hear it's probably for me. I should probably avoid picking up any new manga though until a few more collections are done :)
If you can find a stream of the anime somewhere it's a pretty tight adaption, the first few eps might give you a good idea wether you'd like it or not.

Oh and don't ask me any more about it I'm too biased in favour of it 🤣
Basically you've got a fleet of female gutts that are made to take down a threat that the public are aware of, differing from the apostles and the god hand being secrets only those who've seen them know about.

Where berserk's general theme would be gutts and and the people who join him are sort of rebels fighting a world that rejects their values Claymore is far more about isolation, as the warrior women who take on the flesh of monsters to fight them are treated like monsters themselves
All of Claymore is available to read as part of the Shonen Jump monthly subscription for less than 2 quid.
Sshh! We want them to buy the full collection!

Last edited:
As there isn't a manga bargains thread I thought this would be the best place to put this little find. New Berserk Deluxe Edition vol 1 for £26.58! £10 cheaper than anywhere else!
Berserk Deluxe Volume 1
Good deal. I ordered it through my lcs and it cost me €50. I don't mind the extra cost though as I have a good relationship with the store and always do good by me with other stuff like Hot Toys etc.

Back