Your viewing journal

Dororo episode 5 Hoo boy this was pretty saddening to watch, knowing the series I can’t see the ending being a happy one, bittersweet at most.

Mob Psycho 100 II episode 5 Visually stunning and pretty unnverving.

Also watched Red Dwarf Series VI.

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online (English Dub) Episode 1-12 (Complete)
A decent and fun spin-off series with a likable cast of characters set in the world of GGO. A show that has plenty of action throughout which is further enhanced with some very good animation. 3.5/5

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 15

Dororo Episode 5
Yep called it. Poor girl having to go that far, having to see something like that makes me sick to my stomach.

Pastel Memories Episode 5

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 18
Preparing for the incoming danger. Looks like next week we're about to get slimes version of "the fight against the White Whale from Re Zero", but with a Charybdis instead.

BanG Dream Season 2 episode 5 - The Pastel Palettes episode with a cameo by the third Raise a Suilen member.
Screenshot_20190205-020813_HIDIVE.jpg

Mob Psycho 100 II episode 5 - Studio Bones went OFF on this episode. Episode of the year potential.

Mysteria Friends episode 3

The Promised Neverland episode 4

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 4

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 18

The Quintessential Quintuplets episode 4

Finally caught up on the past week lol

Chihayafuru eps 23-25 (complete)
A fun and informative show about the competitive playing of a Japanese card game, called Karuta (the type of game is called uta-garuta, poetry Karuta). Although there's plenty of the usual sports show tropes of practicing hard and team play is great, there's lots of subtle elements of psychology such as self doubt and obsession. There's also a subtle love triangle (a rectangle if you add in Karuta itself 😅). The characters are all quite charming and each one has their own style of play which makes the matches interesting, although one part of the plot that was weird to me was that the main girl is a Class A player and another constantly struggles to make the move from B to A, yet the MC constantly makes mistakes and comes upon people using different tactics which throw her. Makes it seem she just fluked her way to the top grade.
The art (especially the eyes, the pupils are too high which makes the characters look like they are always glancing upwards) and animation aren't anything to write home about. The animation does have its moments, especially with the old gust of wind moments.
I really liked it, on to the next season!
8/10

Last edited:
Have no fear: all will be explained in the final two episodes.

*winks at everyone else who has already seen Evangelion* ;)

I have a feeling I'm still gonna be confused by the end of it 😅. There are a couple of movies but I'm not sure how many of them are relevant to the story. Will have to find out.

@~AyaMachi~: 😅😆

@Asaid16: Not to spoil anything, but the film "The End of Evangelion" is exactly that: it ties up the story, and actually replaces episodes 25 and 26.

"Death & Rebirth" is a kind of highlights movie of the series up to and including episode 24, and also includes the first 40 minutes or so of "The End of Evangelion".

Beyond that there's Evangelions 1.11, 2.22 and 3.33. These are an updated version of the Eva story, taking it into whole new territory. The fourth and final of these films is currently still in production.

Hope any of that helps. :)

@~AyaMachi~: 😅😆

@Asaid16: Not to spoil anything, but the film "The End of Evangelion" is exactly that: it ties up the story, and actually replaces episodes 25 and 26.

"Death & Rebirth" is a kind of highlights movie of the series up to and including episode 24, and also includes the first 40 minutes or so of "The End of Evangelion".

Beyond that there's Evangelions 1.11, 2.22 and 3.33. These are an updated version of the Eva story, taking it into whole new territory. The fourth and final of these films is currently still in production.

Hope any of that helps. :)

So End of Evangelion is the true ending, Death and Rebirth is a recap and the other movies go down a different route. Got it 👍

Kill la Kill episodes 2-7

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu episodes 2-4

Psycho-Pass 2 episodes 1-3

Last edited:
Not to spoil anything, but the film "The End of Evangelion" is exactly that: it ties up the story, and actually replaces episodes 25 and 26.
So End of Evangelion is the true ending
Ehhh, both kind of debatable imo. As I understand it (to the extent anyone does understand it) what you see in EoE was the original planned ending, issues with the TV network's funding of the show and with Anno going a bit out of his gourd led to episodes 25 & 26 being produced instead, which tell basically the same story but from a much more abstract angle. The one major difference being that (major spoilers) while the TV version ends with Shinji accepting instrumentality, EoE ends with him rejecting it. Which of these was the original intended conclusion I'm not sure has ever been revealed, nor how big of a role Anno's respective mental states at the time of each production played in those decisions, or his attitude to the fan backlash over the TV ending (and as to which you consider the better ending, ymmv). While I think EoE is still a great watch, I do find it kinda superfluous. Personally I think the TV show is perfect as it is.

Disclaimer: I do remember getting into a huge debate about this topic years ago (Eva has that effect on people) and will just add, these are my opinions based on my own reading of the show, and are not intended or presented as facts.

Last edited:
Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 291

3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 5 [17]
More character development and some character relationship progress.

gen:LOCK Episode 1-3
This is some quality stuff. From what I've watched, David Tennant as Dr Rufus Weller is a piece of casting perfection, so far his character has been imo an absolute riot.

WATATEN!: An Angel Flew Down to Me Episode 5
Baking cookies! and relying on others.

Back