[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

meh, I was planning to buy that release, but if it plays out like that, I'll probably just pass. Those are the worst kind of high school "romance" anime to have to watch. Grow some balls already, Japanese boys. Geez.

I honestly agree, the show to me has an interesting concept but it shouldn't be a full 20-25 minute episode each. It would have worked way better as a short 5-10 min per episode series.
I’d agree with this, it certainly would work better in ten minute chunks than full 20 minute episodes. Maybe with two ten minute segments so the stories are tighter.

Crunchyroll x Kazé Germany: 27 titles licensed
confirmed:
Black Clover 1-51
Food Wars 3
Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Mob Psycho 100
Mob Psycho 100 Reigen: The Miraculous Unknown Psychic
Saga of Tanya the Evil
Gamers!

Crunchyroll x KSM Germany: 12 titles licensed, complete editions
confirmed:
Alderamin on the Sky
Orange

all others: TBD

Note: German DVD/Blu-rays are priced between 6 and 10€ per episode on average and aren't english friendly for most titles

It's interesting how they seem to split it up across publishers. Seems like Kaze bid more for the IP titles and KSM got the leftovers to me right now...

With rumors of Funi entering the market in continental europe, license bidding wars will get tougher...
So maybe they tried to get everything they could?

With 27 titles + their already ongoing series Kazé got more than they could publish this year (and there are still some backlog licenses with DVD/BD pending).
Same goes for KSM, when including their older announcements with pending dates.

Well, certainly looks like they are getting everything they can for a while. With that much to go out, I guess the continuation of Gintama will stay down the priority list. =/

Gintama sold poor - so unless the TV-station orders more episodes I wouldn't expect more.

KSM Germany also licensed the new 50-episode Layton Anime.
(Can't imagine any profit without support of a TV-station for this)

Doremi? KSM claimed once that they may license further seasons of Doremi if the first sold well enough.

The problem is: Their TV partner wouldn't air Magical Girl series, so they would be required to fund the dubbing. Add just a small license fee and censhorship fees, they would have been required to sell around 10.000 copies of each DVD to make profit (or they would have been required to charge way higher prices).

10.000 copies? I'm not even sure if Sailor Moon was able to sell that amount

@TiagoCosta: Except that Mob Psycho Recap Movie there is currently no 2018-series included in their announcements.
Guess they'll sell the older series first.

Back