UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I hate them. They don’t fix sentais CEs they are still to big imo. Yes a 200 pg book is good in theory but I will read it no. And we are at that point most shows were on HIDIVE so people missed like princess and we know Grimore didn’t do well... I wonder if the CE Sentai kind is sustainable

As it is kinda worrying how fast these SEs are going DOTW.

Sword Oratoria is actually a sensible size compared to some of Sentai’s CEs. Couldn’t imagine having all the Haikyu ones or titles My Love Story. This is why I’m happy to see Sentai step away from all the tat and just focus on what matters: booklets.

Sword Oratoria is actually a sensible size compared to some of Sentai’s CEs. Couldn’t imagine having all the Haikyu ones or titles My Love Story. This is why I’m happy to see Sentai step away from all the tat and just focus on what matters: booklets.
It is funny the only Sentai CE I ever wanted Haikyu is the show manga ditched and MVM won’t get so yes I imported them and now they won’t releass s3 the Haikyu ones with just the book would be very sparse indeed.

I’ve realized how pointless the books are I’ve read about 5 of my entire CE collection. Only shows I love and Haikyu is one of them but it’s just sad the Sentai shows I like either don’t get licensed here the BLs for example or usually don’t get CEs scums wish

It is funny the only Sentai CE I ever wanted Haikyu is the show manga ditched and MVM won’t get so yes I imported them and now they won’t releass s3 the Haikyu ones with just the book would be very sparse indeed.

I’ve realized how pointless the books are I’ve read about 5 of my entire CE collection. Only shows I love and Haikyu is one of them but it’s just sad the Sentai shows I like either don’t get licensed here the BLs for example or usually don’t get CEs scums wish
Though I disagree on artbooks (I dig them) I wish Haikyu had gotten less excessive CEs as I would have imported. Haikyu was one of the earliest sports anime I watched and it got me to explore other series’ in the genre.

Hm... And I just got the CE from eBay a while ago. Perhaps should have waited. Oh well...
I don’t believe that... a sale is to shift low selling stock it why it exists
No, actually not. A sale is a promotion. Not necessarily shifting low selling stock. (While of course they aren't mutually exclusive, as promotions are used for shifting.) A pre-order discount is also.a promotion, which you can hardly claim yet to be something low selling, when it just started.

I don’t believe that... a sale is to shift low selling stock it why it exists
Not necessarily. A clearance sale is, but that’s when things go on sale and stay on sale until they’re sold out. The goal of any sale is really to encourage people to spend money they otherwise wouldn't be spending - How many people bought a ton of stuff in AL and MVM's December sales they wouldn't have bought at full price, and therefore sent a load of cash their way they otherwise wouldn't have got from them? It's also good from a customer relations standpoint. People like to get a bargain and feel more well disposed towards companies going into the future if they think they're offering them a good deal.

I feel it can work backwards like now I dont feel I want to buy MVM SEs at launch, and if with a AL CE I miss the EB I wont pay full price ill wait till I can get it at or below EB. Being known for deals has that affect that you wont pay their normal non sale price. I am surprised seeing people pay £50 for snow white after it being £40 I quite like that CE but I wont pay more than most people paid because I had christmas presents to buy in December.

The deal of the week, or any such single promotion isn't usually aimed at the canny shopper who notes what they want and only waits for a sale. That involves expending time and effort which not everyone has. This is more the kind of offer aimed at the more casual shopper, the guy who goes into a shop for a discounted item, and winds up browsing and buying a couple more things at closer to RRP.

Would like to know if Monster Musume had poor sales as the CE went OOP quite quick

Monster Musume has sold very well for us - already on its second reprint for both formats. With DOTW we try to vary it, adding something new that hasn't been introduced before, or a classic series for a new-found audience just getting into anime.

And of course there's always the chance that someone might have been interested but not enough to justify paying full price.

I feel it can work backwards like now I dont feel I want to buy MVM SEs at launch, and if with a AL CE I miss the EB I wont pay full price ill wait till I can get it at or below EB. Being known for deals has that affect that you wont pay their normal non sale price. I am surprised seeing people pay £50 for snow white after it being £40 I quite like that CE but I wont pay more than most people paid because I had christmas presents to buy in December.

That's all well and good, but not all CE's might be around by then - some tend to sell out quicker than others. Case in point Monster Musume CE. And our No Game, No Life: Zero CE is close to selling out already.

Back