The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

The BBFC change their guidelines... might have an effect on some anime.

Stricter age ratings for film rape scenes

No sexual violence for under 15 year-olds. I wonder if every Carry On where Sid James slaps Barbara Windsor on the **** will have to be re-rated.

Incidentally, the BBFC also wants to own the streaming sphere.
Goblin slayer won't come out here then, all thanks to like 2 episodes with a few seconds each.

And perfect blue no!

Goblin slayer won't come out here then, all thanks to like 2 episodes with a few seconds each.

And perfect blue no!

They're not banning or cutting, just making sure anything that contravenes their guidelines is rated 15 or above. I wonder if Back to the Future will have to be up-rated, the bit near the end with Biff and Lorraine before George punches Biff out.

They're not banning or cutting, just making sure anything that contravenes their guidelines is rated 15 or above. I wonder if Back to the Future will have to be up-rated, the bit near the end with Biff and Lorraine before George punches Biff out.
I was thinking of that scene too, seeing BTTF go from a PG to a 12/15 would be strange.

Well I don't know how much it actually changes. Most light stuff is a 15 and I just finished prison school last night, the usual echhi stuff, but a lot of it, no sex scenes, 18. Wouldn't change anything in cases like that

I refused to upgrade since the OG non-altered editions of IV-VI have been resigned to the bonus discs of those now OOP DVD releases.

I refused to upgrade since the OG non-altered editions of IV-VI have been resigned to the bonus discs of those now OOP DVD releases.
I have those DVDs and the quality ain't the best, but still better than my VHS copies 🙂
I've also got the 'despecialized' versions in HD.

Back