UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I've been trying to get Eureka to release it for quite a while (and it topped my list of titles I want in 2019 as part of their 2018 year end survey), so I'd be happy if anyone (besides those morons at Shout Factory and FUNimation) got it at this point. All I want to hear is that if either mp3dom, David Mackenzie or Justin Sevakis are doing the encode, I can die in peace.

Yes please.

Speaking of Kon, have we heard anything new recently regarding the Ultimate Edition of Perfect Blue? I see that the upcoming US release has managed to include the Kon lectures that AL couldn't figure out the rights to for their previous edition, so hopefully we'll reap the benefits of that too!

Yes please.

Speaking of Kon, have we heard anything new recently regarding the Ultimate Edition of Perfect Blue? I see that the upcoming US release has managed to include the Kon lectures that AL couldn't figure out the rights to for their previous edition, so hopefully we'll reap the benefits of that too!

Same discs I believe. I reckon AL will probably aim for a late February release.

Same discs I believe. I reckon AL will probably aim for a late February release.

Awesome, thanks! That's great news! In case anyone missed it:

NEW Digital Remastered Presentation Of The Film
NEW Lectures By Satoshi Kon Featurette
NEW Into The Blue Featurette – New Interviews
Angel Of Your Heart Recording Sessions
Angel Of Your Heart Full English Version
Theatrical Trailers And TV Spots – Includes New Trailers From US And UK Re-releases
Cast And Crew Interviews

Add to this (for the AL release) the storyboard book.

Still got my fingers crossed for a translation of the relevant section of Kon's Tone.

Worth mentioning that you can pre-order a repress of the original score from Tiger Lab in limited Cham Burst blue and green opaque vinyl.

GKIDS said they were using the same encode as the UK BD.

I can't say exactly what'll be on the disc, as I'm not 100% sure, and I don't want to say something early that'll get me in trouble, but... in terms of extras, the GKIDS and AL discs may have different ones. I'm almost 100% confident on that, but that's all I'll say for now...

I see your username as something of an indirect insult, Danielle, but this morning I received 2/3 of my bundle boxes (day 6&12). Nothing else in terms of bits and bobs I got on the cheap though and no sign of the second mystery box. I think they gave priority to the main bundles and it's luck of the draw if your order got processed. The Wild West of anime buying.

Note to AL/Andrew/Allah: next time, either do your xmas bundles in advance or limit the stock allocated. I'm not sure why you'd take business advice from me, tbh, but it's what I'd do to lessen risk of disappointing people over xmas. No-one likes a c***tease; masochists aside. You would do well to remember this fact.

You did, even in a hand written letter you sent me with some DVDs. Feel free to continue, or not. If you do stick around you'd probably find reason to anyway.

but often don't see a whole lot of point when stuff I'm watching is so old no-one else has anything to say about it or when I'm six months late to the party watching newer stuff and everything has already been said. Social media doesn't appeal to me at all - I think I'd rather my thoughts be read and ignored by half a dozen people whose opinions I respect than be engaged with by a million ignorant nobodies.

I'm not sure I'd call him a lefty, I seem to recall he was pretty pro-bombing the Arabs - No wonder he takes issue with Trump, he's pulling his troops out of Syria).

Anyway, it is good to see you (really) and if you do start posting your 15000 word essays again I can promise at least to read them. And my, look at all those likes from people who weren't even here when you last posted. You have a reputation to live up to, clearly.

...Are you sure I didn't mix you up with a fella called Fabio that still lurks here? What DVDs did I send you, out of genuine interest? I imagine I typed the letter given my writing ability.

I came to the same conclusion regarding discussing anime a long time ago, and I hate the idea of trying to get likes when not being blunt about AL on social media as opposed to here. Newer anime is like a fad in terms of forums where there's a new title younglings fawn over and little to add, and I mostly find my interest drifting towards older discotek releases/Violence Jack and/or enjoy laughing at Devilman's OVA dub. I'm officially too old now. Sawano's music does make me do occasional hip thrusts/head nodding insync with it, tho. That's something.

Maybe I misunderstood CitizenGeek all these years if he's down with Arab genocide. Then again, I imagine a big factor there is homosexuals being thrown from buildings in the countries he wants bombed. Can't blame him for aligning his politics with the desire to survive. The way Ireland is set to import the third world, he might wanna immigrate to Trumpland sharpish. If only I'd cared about politics back then, the fun we could've had~

It's good to see a... familar username in you, as well. Is Roy still around? I got her to unban me via Fabio, iirc, but our PM conversation somehow drifted towards rough sex/scat via me being retarded and that was that. Bit awkward. Surprised I wasm't banned again, tbh.

...Are you sure I didn't mix you up with a fella called Fabio that still lurks here? What DVDs did I send you, out of genuine interest? I imagine I typed the letter given my writing ability.
This was the thread, you sent me Tokko you generous man you (and possibly Hell Girl, I can’t actually remember where I got that). Your mind’s clearly going - That, or I was never quite antagonistic enough to leave much of an impression. The letter was indeed poorly handwritten and I believe threatened either to dox me or for you to come to my house and do nefarious things now you knew where I lived, I would have expected nothing less. Happily I moved away a year later.

Haven’t seen Fabby for quite a while sadly, you and he were pretty much the only people I really talked to on MAL. I made a new account with the intention of getting back in touch with you both but once again life and lethargy got in the way. Rui’s still here and still stalks the shadows as the enforcement hand of chaos, who like Big Brother I’m not certain actually exists any more. I think this Teapot fella is probably the real power now and has chaos buried in his back yard.

We should probably curtail this reminiscing here lest these posts get split off into your own dedicated thread, we wouldn’t want to reawaken your ego.

We should probably curtail this reminiscing here lest these posts get split off into your own dedicated thread, we wouldn’t want to reawaken your ego.
You'd probably be a bit late on that thought in a min

Meanwhile, I've been up, off a night shift, all day and tnt haven't turned up still. Damn you, Sony DADC!

I received the Durarara!! bundle from day 2, even though Jeremy told me it wouldn't be shipped until 27/28 December. :p
I'm a bit worried about day 1 though, that one should've been shipped on the same day as day 2.

The way Ireland is set to import the third world, he might wanna immigrate to Trumpland sharpish. If only I'd cared about politics back then, the fun we could've had~
We ain't importing the third world lol, Just trying to show a little compassion and understanding :p

Nothing for me and maybe some time in the new year latest?

Overall we got some greats titles for cheap so still a great savings and was nice of the extra bonus days for people who missed out on previous days.

Back