The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

I know bringing up "why isn't x game on x platform" complaints can be tired but this one is particularly for reason's I'm sure see obvious. And the explanations I'm hearing don't paint Konami in the best light.

Plus this seems like not the most exciting compilation compared with what other companies. I mean both games are great but there's only so much you can value them.

Oh well, at least the Netflix series is back soon.

I'm thinking of buying my 6 year old daughter a Nintendo switch for Christmas. I'm after some suggestions for suitable games. Preferably 2 player, so she can kick my ass. Mario Kart's on the list but anything else you can think of? She loves playing Minecraft on my xb1.

I'm thinking of buying my 6 year old daughter a Nintendo switch for Christmas. I'm after some suggestions for suitable games. Preferably 2 player, so she can kick my ass. Mario Kart's on the list but anything else you can think of? She loves playing Minecraft on my xb1.
Not to state the obvious but uh, Minecraft :p

Obvious ones that are already out should be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (never leaving the charts). Kirby Star Allies is very accessible and Sonic Mania Plus is great value for money.

By Chridtmas the Pokémon Let's Go games will be out which spear to be very newcomer friendly. They're even getting their own special edition consoles.

You have Super Mario Odyssey is fantastic but you also have New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe out in January. I would say Odyssey is defiantly the better game but NSBUD may be easier being a 2D platformer. Though if your kid is good with things like Minecraft then it shouldn't matter.

Also that particular edition of New Super Mario Bros was the thing this recent 'Bowsette' and related art came from on the net for anyone that didn't know! (not directly in the game itself mind!)

Obvious ones that are already out should be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (never leaving the charts). Kirby Star Allies is very accessible and Sonic Mania Plus is great value for money.

By Chridtmas the Pokémon Let's Go games will be out which spear to be very newcomer friendly. They're even getting their own special edition consoles.

You have Super Mario Odyssey is fantastic but you also have New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe out in January. I would say Odyssey is defiantly the better game but NSBUD may be easier being a 2D platformer. Though if your kid is good with things like Minecraft then it shouldn't matter.

Also that particular edition of New Super Mario Bros was the thing this recent 'Bowsette' and related art came from on the net for anyone that didn't know! (not directly in the game itself mind!)
Thank you very much. Mario kart is a definite. I'll check out the other suggestions. Of course I'll be getting Zelda, but that's for dad 😀

Thank you very much. Mario kart is a definite. I'll check out the other suggestions. Of course I'll be getting Zelda, but that's for dad 😀

There's also Smash Bros in December, probably one of the easiest fighting games to get into though its up to you whether it is or isn't too violent for a six year old though.

Really wish I'd known that the Yakuza games weren't dubbed before buying one! XD it wasn't anime styled so I made a false assumption and didn't check! DAMN!

Maybe that 'Fist of the North Star' game will work for me though?

Really wish I'd known that the Yakuza games weren't dubbed before buying one! XD it wasn't anime styled so I made a false assumption and didn't check! DAMN!

Maybe that 'Fist of the North Star' game will work for me though?
The Yakuza games are great, give it a chance! Which title did you get out of interest?

The Yakuza games are great, give it a chance! Which title did you get out of interest?

I physically cannot read subtitles due to visual impairment. I got Yakuza 0. Maybe I'll try pausing scenes to give me the time to read which I hear others have done. I would never want to do this for an anime but maybe I'll tolerate it here, maybe.

If not, I hear the 'Fist of The North Star ' plays the same and its by the same studio. And it'll be dubbed which is a bloody miracle for an ani e based game.

I physically cannot read subtitles due to visual impairment. I got Yakuza 0. Maybe I'll try pausing scenes to give me the time to read which I hear others have done. I would never want to do this for an anime but maybe I'll tolerate it here, maybe.

If not, I hear the 'Fist of The North Star ' plays the same and its by the same studio. And it'll be dubbed which is a bloody miracle for an ani e based game.
Ah I see that’s understandable, Yakuza is a very subtitle heavy game so I can imagine it’d be frustrating in the long run. Not sure if you can make the subtitles bigger or not.

Hopefully you have a better experience with FOTNS!

Back