Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 23

Was the entire point of that ending to set it up for another season or did I miss something? :confused:
No the steins gate world happens when he sends the D MAIL he just goes back in time to make sure Suzuha and Mayuri ain’t alone in the Beta worldline. But really that never happens for the Steins Gate Mayuri. And explains why original 23 Mayuri slaps Okabe it is Beta Mayuri telling her to motivate Hyouin Kouyma as she loves him and knows he loves Kurisu more. I do wonder where the OVA will be set though.

I do have to kind of question the point of this series if that was the end game all along. The entire Beta worldline seems to exist entirely for Alpha Mayuri to slap Okabe. The Beta worldline is still plunged into WW3, which seemed like what everyone was trying to prevent? Sure, they prevented it in the Alpha worldline, but we already saw that in the original, so it kind of makes this follow up a little pointless? I dunno. I still enjoyed it, but I can't say I was satisfied with that ending.

Did anybody read the synopsis Ofc it was always gonna end at the Video d mail...
And the alpha worldline had a different conflict it’s why Suzuha came back then.
Also this worldline always happens that’s why they have to TRICK everyone she’s dead so he will send the original d mail and send him on this journey to both worldlines alpha and beta

Did anybody read the synopsis Ofc it was always gonna end at the Video d mail...
And the alpha worldline had a different conflict it’s why Suzuha came back then

Still doesn't change the fact the Beta worldline has no closure to speak of, with WW3 not being avoided. It's just there to motivate Alpha worldline versions of characters to do things, such as that D-Mail and the slap.

Still doesn't change the fact the Beta worldline has no closure to speak of, with WW3 not being avoided. It's just there to motivate Alpha worldline versions of characters to do things, such as that D-Mail and the slap.
Ww3 is avoided in steins gate the paper gets destroyed.As the steins gate world line is still Beta as it’s 1% divergence

Yes, in Steins Gate. That's the Alpha worldline. We see Okabe recording that message, the final time we see the Beta timeline, and there's no Steins Gate equivalent there, everything is still terrible.
No steins gate is not alpha worldline. And even after he saves Mayuri and Suzuha he knows that worldline will not happen now he just saves them because he has to die anyway.

No it’s not achieved in the alpha, alpha is just achieved to get to beta then 0 happens after Suzuha takes Okabe back once to send the video D mail to send Okabe back again to trick himself to save Kurisu

How can it not be achieved in either worldline? Okabe reaching Steins Gate is literally how the original show ends.

This is kind of why I hate time travel shows sometimes. They get so convoluted with all the rules and timelines, it's hard to know where things actually stand without breaking out a graph or something...

Some people are gonna defend this anime to the teeth (or with their teeth) and counter any criticism by pulling world lines out of their ****, but I genuinely do believe that the entire point of this anime was to get a bigger budget for the next game.
No doubt that'll happen now, but the series lacks closure and felt like the majority of what we saw was filler. My opinion anyway.

Back