Your viewing journal

Banana Fish ep6

The relationship between Ash and his father didn't quite ring true for me, but that could be a side effect of something being compressed down for adaptation. I liked the dynamic between the characters as they were travelling though - might have been nice to see them experience a few more incidents along the way.

Yes, I want Banana Fish Crusaders.

The Slayers ep23-24

Going to actually finish the damn series this time, I swear.

Banana Fish ep6

The relationship between Ash and his father didn't quite ring true for me, but that could be a side effect of something being compressed down for adaptation. I liked the dynamic between the characters as they were travelling though - might have been nice to see them experience a few more incidents along the way.

Thing that made little sense to me is why his Dad held him in such contempt for the molestation. Sure, even if it did catch the family flack for them accusing a local celebrity and the murder, to turn on your own child for being the victim of pedophilia just seemed unfathomable levels of calous, that wasn't really explained all that well. His then sudden change to supporting him after he got shot also seemed out of place given how vehemently he hated him just one scene earlier. It was a good episode on the whole, but the relationship could've been executed better in my opinion.

Thing that made little sense to me is why his Dad held him in such contempt for the molestation. Sure, even if it did catch the family flack for them accusing a local celebrity and the murder, to turn on your own child for being the victim of pedophilia just seemed unfathomable levels of calous, that wasn't really explained all that well. His then sudden change to supporting him after he got shot also seemed out of place given how vehemently he hated him just one scene earlier. It was a good episode on the whole, but the relationship could've been executed better in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree - that's exactly the problem I had with it. It makes me wonder if it's been something that would have been better explained in the manga, but cut for length in the anime.

Harukana Receive (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
My Hero Academia [Season 3] (Japanese audio) - Episode 18 [56]

Chio's School Road ep 6
Grabby grabby. The second half was similar to the second half of the last one with friends doing stupid things to each other, but still helping each other out.

Persona 5 the Animation ep 19
LOL at Kawakami. The final member of the team gets her first line of the show, I think, she has been in background shots before, but not spoken. Is it me or has the art and animation gotten even worse!

Definitely not going to finish the adaptation if it is a 24 episode series (MAL has removed this number from the total episode count). They could stop around the point where the events catch up to the start of the game/series and then finish the rest with a film or OVA?

Harukana Recieve ep 6
The end of the match from last week. That was quite an intense match, which in turn made the episode fly by.
The one weird thing I noticed was that when it was 19 all Kanata says "the winner of the next rally gets match point", but they're a set up so surely it should have said "if we win this rally we'll be at match point".

Cells at Work episode 6 Some very cute but also tense flashbacks this episode.

Music Girls episode 6 Miku gets her focus this episode helping Hanako and co in dealing with a stubborn producer.

My Hero Academia 3rd Season episode 56 Back to the manga canon this week as the tag challenge reaches its end. Also Aoyama's naval laser ability comes in useful.

Persona 5 The Animation episode 19 Taking on the Hawaii stuff and the beginning of the worst part in the game. Can't say I'm looking forward to revising it next week.

The Thousand Musketeers episode 6 A clumsy newcomer learns to smile or something like that. Wasn't that engaged with this week's episode to be honest.

Lu Over the Wall (Film) A visually stunning film that was rather impressive until around 2/3 of the way through when the story decided to take the cliched "misunderstanding mob" routine and have an action orientated climactic conflict as opposed to just focusing on the music and themes that made the rest of the film fun.

Despite this personal setback Lu was still a worthwhile watch, and does have rewatchability due to the animation and that interwoven odd-ball Yuasa style.) 3.5/5

Lupin the 3rd Part IV episodes 1-15

ISLAND (Dub) Episode 4

My Hero Academia Season 3 (Dub) Episode 16

Revue Starlight (Dub) Episode 2

The Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar (Dub) Episode 3

Miss caretaker of Sunohara-sou (Sub) Episode 6
A former resident at Sunohara returns and causes a new battle to erupt with Shiina as the prize.

Music Girls (Sub) Episode 6
A mistake by Hanako nearly costs the group big time, and Miku finally gets some focus.

Revue Starlight (Sub) Episode 5
Karen's new enthusiasm and a misunderstanding causes friction between Mahiru and Hikari.

The Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar (Sub) Episode 6
Probably the most productive episode yet, dispite the first half being nothing but fan service, the second half has Yuuto using more of his future knowledge and planting those seeds to ensure the wolf clans survival and success for their future should he return to his own time.

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (Sub) Episode 5
This was a sweet episode, Chisaki finally gets her wish of being able to communicate with Yuuna, which leads to another awkward moment with Kogarashi, who also ends up in another misunderstanding scenario because of Nonko.

Interviews with monster girls 1-end
It’s feels like it’s been a while since something has gripped me as strongly as this did. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to end. More please?

Angels of Death ep 6
The bond seems to be growing between the 2 MCs.

Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings ep 5
The first segment was sweet as Yuuna and Chisaki got to communicate, then it remembered it was an ecchi comedy. The second reveals a bit about Nonko.

Cells at Work ep 6
AE 3803 has a flashback about the time she was a proto red cell, and then s*** gets serious!

Music Girls ep 6
Mmmm... Fried chicken!

Review Starlight ep 5
Karen's new enthusiasm makes Mahiru insecure and jealous. The fight scene in this episode was a bit bizarre and not as good as the others have been.

Hanebado! ep 7
Quite an exciting match, but I didn't find it as interesting as Harukana Recieve, maybe because they are playing a bit more for the fun of it in HR rather than being super serious.
Ayanos personality seems to have changed as well, she's just as cocky and obnoxious as Connie, which no longer makes her likable, which I thought was the point.

Island ep 7
Another preposterous bit of plot that they managed to sort of make sense with what's happened already by the end of the episode.

Planet With ep 6
Epic stuff and quite moving at the end.

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
Attack on Titan [Season 3] (Japanese audio) - Episode 4 [51]
PERSONA5 The Animation (Japanese audio) - Episodes 17-19

Asobi Asobase (Sub) Episode 6
More absurd and ridiculous shenanigans from the girls.

Attack on Titan Season 3 (Sub) Episode 4
Another good episode, it will be interesting to se how the current events turn out.

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 20

Hanebado! (Sub) Episode 7
Quite the exciting match, just a shame there was no heart or passion in it unlike with the game in Harukana Receive. I'm not really liking Ayano's new personality, it's making her really unlikable.

High Score Girl (Sub) Episode 5
How appealing your feelings to another who is dense can never end well.

ISLAND (Sub) Episode 7
Another preposterous bit of story plot that they manage to make some sense with what's happened already by the end of the ep.

Iya na Kao sare nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai (Sub) Episode 4

Planet With (Sub) Episode 6
A moving end to the episode dispite the epic battle.

Asobi Asobase -workshop of fun- episode 6 Witch girl is too adorable, meanwhile Hanako wants her haircut "very short" and hijinks ensue. Throw in a tragic anime betrayal and this was one of the funnest episodes yet.

Attack on Titan 3rd Season episode 41 The pieces begin to fit into place.

Hanebado! episode 7 Ayano is on a warpath this week as Kaokuro gets her comeuppance, though a lot of stuff so far has been completely different from the manga, but I have some theories as to how they'll end this season.

Planet With episode 6 Interesting to see the current conflict end halfway through the series, but the director stated that they "will get even more wild" with the next few episodes so I look forward to seeing what comes next.

We Sell Tsukumogami episode 4 Seiji gets worked up over a rumoured playboy type who seems to have his eyes on Okou.

Lupin the 3rd Part IV episodes 16-24/Specials 1-2 (Complete. Possibly best Lupin series I've seen so far with a blend of older tropes and characters with newer storylines and creative ideas. There's a certain charm to the Lupin franchise that you can't find anywhere else, and thankfully this incarnation oozes it throughout.) 4/5

Last edited:
Back