UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Gundam CCA and F91 are getting a 4K UHD+BD release in Japan this summer. CCA and F91 have a new discrete 4.1 soundtrack based on the original theatrical 4:2:4 matrixed Dolby Stereo track, but with an added LFE channel. The included 1080p Blu-rays have been confirmed to include the new soundtrack and presumably the video is sourced from the new master.
Those are very classy looking releases too. What a difference black makes compared to translucent blue.

Received a shipping notification for Napping Princess today and also one for Princess Arete which already arrived 2 weeks ago. o_O

Gundam CCA and F91 are getting a 4K UHD+BD release in Japan this summer. CCA and F91 have a new discrete 4.1 soundtrack based on the original theatrical 4:2:4 matrixed Dolby Stereo track, but with an added LFE channel. The included 1080p Blu-rays have been confirmed to include the new soundtrack and presumably the video is sourced from the new master.

@Jeremy Graves @anime_andrew If you were ever to release CCA and F91 on BD, could you please look into getting the new video master and soundtrack?

the 4k not an upscale ? guessing getting the 4k versions in EU/UK isnt happening ?

the 4k not an upscale ? guessing getting the 4k versions in EU/UK isnt happening ?
I assume it is true 4K. The Bandai Visual page mentions 4k remaster and HDR.

Can't see AL releasing them on 4K UHD, but I'm hoping they could at least get access to the 4K masters and the 4.1 mix for the 1080p Blu-ray. The old CCA and F91 HD masters suffer from a bit of contrast boosting and a bit too much dnr.

@Jeremy Graves @anime_andrew If you were ever to release CCA and F91 on BD, could you please look into getting the new video master and soundtrack?

If there were to be a release of either - which is something I hope we'd be able to do - it's certainly something we'll look into but ultimately we can only work with the materials we're supplied with.

A little belated, but our latest Early Bird offer is now live on the site - pick up the first ever feature-length anime in the form of Momotaro, Sacred Sailors at a fantastic price. Our Collector's Edition features an excellent book from Dr. Jonathan Clements, so highly recommended if you want to learn more about the history of anime!

Momotaro, Sacred Sailors - Blu-ray+DVD Ltd Collector's Edition

Andrew is on the latest ANNCast: ANNCast - Scotland Loves Anime

Edit: the last question was about expanding to other territories like the Netherlands and Denmark with localized subtitles. I live in the Netherlands and I can safely say: don't bother adding Dutch subtitles. This may seem odd to you but we don't like reading subtitles in our own language. The older fans have been burned too many times by badly translated releases from Kaze and Dybex and the newer fans have become accustomed to English subs thanks to simulcasting. People nowadays are weirded out when they see a release with Dutch subtitles, like the ones from Universal Pictures.

Last edited:
RE: that last question... If you were to enter the Dutch market, I would suggest to focus mainly on getting movies out here in a timely manner. Building a healthy mainstream acceptance of anime should be the no.1 priority and movies will fit that bill. Don't bother with TV series, because it's gonna be a waste of money.

Andrew is on the latest ANNCast: ANNCast - Scotland Loves Anime

Edit: the last question was about expanding to other territories like the Netherlands and Denmark with localized subtitles. I live in the Netherlands and I can safely say: don't bother adding Dutch subtitles. This may seem odd to you but we don't like reading subtitles in our own language. The older fans have been burned too many times by badly translated releases from Kaze and Dybex and the newer fans have become accustomed to English subs thanks to simulcasting. People nowadays are weirded out when they see a release with Dutch subtitles, like the ones from Universal Pictures.
I personally don't mind Dutch subtitles as long as they are good. Yes, the Dutch subtitles from A-film (Manga Ent.), Dybex and Kazé were often subpar or outright bad, but there are releases with good Dutch subtitles out there. The ones that spring to mind are from Nekotachi Entertainment, who handled the Dutch BEEZ releases. It seems like Nekotachi doesn't do translation work anymore, as they seem to be working on game development tools these days.

Your Name also had decent Dutch subtitles from what I remember. Periscoop Film is aiming to release the Blu-ray next Friday, but someone from their marketing department told me it has lossy Dolby Digital 5.1. smh.

A little belated, but our latest Early Bird offer is now live on the site - pick up the first ever feature-length anime in the form of Momotaro, Sacred Sailors at a fantastic price. Our Collector's Edition features an excellent book from Dr. Jonathan Clements, so highly recommended if you want to learn more about the history of anime!

Any chance of a Testament of Sister New Devil early bird? :)

Awesome! Any on-disc extras other than The Spider and the Tulip?

I think I'll pass on this one and know It's historical but it's blatant propaganda and the bbfc should of gave it a 12 because a its propaganda film.
No. Just no.
Wouldn't really make much of a difference I don't expect, because honestly, who's going to show WWII propaganda that's really only interesting today from a technical and historical perspective to children under 12?

I mean Triumph des Willens is a very well made film but I don't imagine many people watch it for its entertainment value. Let alone kids trying to buy it from HMV.

"C'mon kids, who wants to watch WWII propaganda?"
"Yay!"

Last edited:
Back