Your viewing journal

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 eps 7-11 (complete)
Oh my! That was not quite what I expected, but great non-the-less. Episode 8 was really well done, you have to pay attention when watching it. I didn't so when I went to MAL to complain about the double "it was all a dream" fake out I was a bit shocked by all the "Yuki's dead, isn't he!" posts, so I had to re-watch and sure enough the clues were there I just didn't catch on.

Violet Evergarden ep 5
Time skip to when she's actually good at her job and gets a really important one. After going slowly at first this jump is a bit weird and the really important job feels a bit unearnt. As with the last 2 episodes it's more about her getting her client to open up, this time she doesn't even write the important letter at the end! The scene at the end of episode was the most interesting, I'm more interested in her past than her future at the moment.

Last edited:
Gurren Lagann eps 13–16 (rewatch)

That whole sequence with the fight against the Spiral King is spine-tingling.
Again, the attention to detail in the animation...

How to keep a Mummy episode 5 Another new cute creature, nice.

Miss Koizumi loves Ramen Noodles
episode 6 This anime has somehow nullified my Ramen cravings. Not sure how to feel about that. I liked the Kraftwerk-Esque synth music at the end, which I assume was a reference to the German parent/child (anime needs more cute German kids to protecc)

Violet Evergarden episode 5 If I had a Woolong for every snobby rich/royal girl I've seen in anime I could enjoy a nice evening at Boobies... At least she has some character development here.

Yuru Camp
episode 6 Rin actually goes camping with Nadeshiko which is nice.

Yatterman Night episodes 1-12 (Complete. This is good, if forgettable series that kept me entertained for a few hours. Having not seen the OG Yatterman series I'm not sure if that would have improved the anime or not but it was decent. On a technical note I couldn't even play the Madman DVD without it making a noise in my player. Good thing it's on Crunchyroll. My one year subscription has paid off already.) 3.5/5

Interview with Monster Gurlsssss #3-12

A fun show. Vampire and Demi teacher definitely the best and funest characters, didn't like the other two demi's at all, wanted more of those normal kids to play a part.

Overall not bad.

All this talk of rewatching TTGL has made me add it to my list, I haven't seen it since 2015 back in the early days of my anime watching. My first UE too.
This statement is approved by the power of Phobos. I do think though we should have a simulwatch of this. There’s a few who have said they want to watch it, I could definitely go for a rewatch.

Back