The General Conversation Area

:(

You know, there are two things I do look forward to at Xmas, though. One is the days off work (obviously), and the other is the chocolate fudge yule log Markies sells. A nice thick slice of that with a good dollop of extra-thick double cream and some festive sprinkles? Mm-mmm, that's what I'm talkin' about! :D

Ah it's cool, at least my folks were understanding :) Ah the Yule Log, DEFINITELY a must have over the festive season (though without cream for me, can't stand the stuff :p). Won't say no to sprinkles though! ;) Markies food always looks so posh to me. The only time we have bought food from there is when we've had vouchers; I feel like such a peasant! XD

Ah I hated the fact I had to be in for Christmas Eve and Boxing Day, but the consolation was having New Years off.

I’m guessing that happened quite frequently!

Oh yes, indeed! I remember one guy I worked with had to go into the store room that was behind our till area. There was a matress propped up in there (from one of the display beds), and he went up to it and punched the stuffing out of it with a muffled scream, I couldn't stop laughing XD

Oh yes, indeed! I remember one guy I worked with had to go into the store room that was behind our till area. There was a matress propped up in there (from one of the display beds), and he went up to it and punched the stuffing out of it with a muffled scream, I couldn't stop laughing XD

I can only imagine the stress dealing with customers in a job scenario causes. The mattress beater amuses me, admittedly.

The only time we have bought food from there is when we've had vouchers
Ah-haa, the wonders of the staff discount card, you see. ;)

Also, yeah, not the first time I've witnessed a colleague having a bit of a meltdown at work either. I've never seen someone beating up a mattress before, though. That's pretty brutal!

Also, yeah, not the first time I've witnessed a colleague having a bit of a meltdown at work either. I've never seen someone beating up a mattress before, though. That's pretty brutal!

You make me wonder... what’s the discount? I’m guessing anything that’s small enough to fit in your pocket and that they won’t miss... :p

It makes me wonder if that's the reason the mattress was put there, some sort of cathartic release...

You make me wonder... what’s the discount? I’m guessing anything that’s small enough to fit in your pocket and that they won’t miss... :p
Heh, heh. Well, cargo trousers are part of my uniform... ;)

Don't just stand there, Neil, defend your honour, DEFEND WHAT YOU STAND FOR! :p
Shh... don't tell anyone, but I did once leave work with an out-of-date packet of Belgian chocolate-coated California raisins in said cargo pocket. I'd removed them from where they were lying around and totally forgot about them. Still, waste not want not, eh? ;)

Shh... don't tell anyone, but I did once leave work with an out-of-date packet of Belgian chocolate-coated California raisins in said cargo pocket. I'd removed them from where they were lying around and totally forgot about them. Still, waste not want not, eh? ;)

Gotta love those uniforms...

Oh yeah..."removed them" *points at nose and winks* Gotcha ;)

You can tell when something's from M&S - from anywhere else, they're just raisins, but from M&S, they're "Belgian chocolate-coated California raisins" :p

Also, don't be a coaster. No, I don't mean the things you put your drink on, I mean one of those people who are too lazy to shift down a gear or three and just de-clutch to "slow down", taking all semblance of control from their vehicle.
Bah, downshifting is only for hills your car can't handle (happily my car will do pretty much everything in fourth anyway, I remember my old Scimitar would climb Sutton Bank in fourth... I miss those three litres of displacement some days). And hey, at least I don't do what my dad does and knock the car into neutral going down steep hills and use the momentum to get up the other side without using any fuel...

Ah cool :) I had to ask; I'm from the North. And if it's any consolation, there's not much happening here on the job front either :(
I do blame companies like Qatar, I'd have to do more research on it but if I remember right it was mainly Qatar. Industry has always been the best employer in Wales, Qatar came to the U.K. bought up a bunch of companies in the industry sector took one look at the company tax and didn't fancy it, so then they took all those jobs back to the middle East. Nothing wrong with those people getting jobs, but it just shows no thought towards the hundreds of people here who lost their jobs

Back