Your viewing journal

@HWR Glad you enjoyed it so much. I agree with your comments on Part 1. I also stated earlier in the thread that I thought it had aged well.

I've seen a few of the movies and specials but I haven't yet gotten round to Part 2.

Last edited:
Ushio and Tora-Episodes 22-24

Princess Principal-Episode 10

Well, this week's ending ensures the next episode will be interesting to say the least.

My Love Story-Episode 1

I really like Takeo, I can relate to him in a lot of ways. It's nice to see a romance protagonist who isn't a generic anime pretty boy. My only hope now is they don't string the whole 'Takeo thinks Yamato likes Suna' thing out for too long, but going by the episode titles on the BD menu, it doesn't look like that'll be the case. If they get together early on then just spend the next 20 odd episodes just being a cute couple, I'll be totally okay with that.

DJZFi8XWsAEe0AS.jpg

Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul
(Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-3

So basically I have discovered that I can renew Amazon Prime's Student subscription later this month and I have decided to keep it going (because it's better to pay £39 than £79 let's be honest), and as such I'll be going through the anime titles on Amazon.

The titles I currently trying to go through from the Spring/Summer backlog are:
  • My First Girlfriend is a Gal
  • My Hero Academia [Season 2]
  • Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul
  • Re:CREATORS
  • +7 more undecided

Last edited:
Katsugeki Touken Ranbu ep 8-11. Back up to date now. Nice to see some internal strife over the nature of the war they're fighting. I expect the cliffhanger will be resolved in a predictable way, but if the creators want to do something interesting with this series then this is their chance.

Knight's & Magic ep 11.

Restaurant to Another World ep 10.

My Hero Academia - Episodes 34 & 35 - Fun enough couple of episodes, nice to see Momo getting some screen time. Aizawa is such a nice dude too...

Hunter x Hunter - Episodes 51 - 58 - So this arc is now done and we're moving onto to the Greed Island arc and I'm kinda upset about it as someone told me that Kurapika doesn't actually feature all that much now and he is by far my favourite character (along with Hisoka...). But yeah a enjoyable enough arc with a decent enough ending.

Hunter x Hunter - Episodes 51 - 58 - So this arc is now done and we're moving onto to the Greed Island arc and I'm kinda upset about it as someone told me that Kurapika doesn't actually feature all that much now and he is by far my favourite character (along with Hisoka...). But yeah a enjoyable enough arc with a decent enough ending.

Yeah, Kurapika doesn't feature much after YorkNew, but he doesn't get as screwed over screen time wise as Leorio did. The majority of the show is pretty much Gon and Killua plus whatever other characters happen to be around, which can be a hindrance due to some really interesting or likable characters not featuring much, but it's also pretty good as it allows the show to really focus on the development and bond between those two characters.

My Hero Academia - Episodes 34 & 35 - Fun enough couple of episodes, nice to see Momo getting some screen time. Aizawa is such a nice dude too...

It's also worth noting that the current manga arc has been focused entirely on Kurapika and his current goings on, so eventually he'll return whenever they bother to continue the anime (when they have enough material to adapt, which could take a while)

So I watched King of Thorn last night.

Absolute TRASH. I simply do not have strong enough words of condemnation for it. I know nothing of the source material (which it apparently butchers) but taken simply as a standalone, this is an example of how NOT to tell a story. Unless you want to insult your audience, that is.

Last edited:
So I watched King of Thorn last night.

Absolute TRASH. I simply do not have strong enough words of condemnation for it. I know nthing of the source material (which it apparently butchers) but taken simply as a standalone, this is an example of how NOT to tell a story. Unless you want to insult your audience, that is.
Totally agree with you. I didn't have high expectations when watching it, but was still quite disappointed as it got progressively worse. It's a pity as the setting could have been quite interesting.

Also, while I watched it subbed, I switched to the dub for a scene or two and was actually surprised by how the dub conveyed the feeling of "random people from all over surviving together" compared to the sub. But still, the story and execution thereof remained pretty terrible.

Totally agree with you. I didn't have high expectations when watching it, but was still quite disappointed as it got progressively worse. It's a pity as the setting could have been quite interesting.

What bugged me the most was that, early missteps aside, there was still so much room for it to just NOT do some of the atrociously brain-dead things it did with its narrative. It's got some MASSIVE plot holes and leaps of logic in it.

I mean, NOBODY thinks to question why a convicted criminal is being put in cold storage. Why is society preserving its undesirable element? This wasn't even acknowledged.

Then, suddenly, EVERYONE MAGICALLY HAS FIREARMS JUST WHEN THEY NEED THEM! Where did they come from?

But the coup de grace? "Hey - I just realised this kid, who showed no previous signs of it at any point in this movie, has had information downloaded into him by the AI that was looking after us in cold sleep, who has barely been a presence in this movie up to this point." Cut immediately to Luci Christian's robot voice coming out of the German kid.

AAARRRRGH! Shite! Absolute SHITE!

To its credit, the movie IS self referential enough that it addresses some of its plot points that don't add up. But it's done in such a bogus fashion that it doesn't work.

I'd publicly eviscerate this one on my Youtube channel. But I just know it'd get beset by idiots claiming "OMG! This is the b3st animu I havz 3vah seen! How can yiu notz liek it? Dislike dislike dislike! Lolololololololol."

Last edited:
Back