PlayStation 2 Games Available on PS4 Thread (aka PS2 on PS4)

From Softwares Eternal Ring got trophy list so apparently we are getting it. The game itself is like a cheapo version of Kings Field and i don't think i even beat the first dungeon.

Though it's not like i'm fan of King's Field IV either but most people would prefer it over this.

Eternal Ring Trophies

New Addition | Available Now!

1.jpg

Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Volume 2
The compilation of Real Bout Fatal Fury games is now available on both the European and North American PSN stores. The prices are £11.99 and $14.99.

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_515338.jpg

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition
The special edition version of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life is now available on both the European and North American PSN stores. The prices are £11.99 and $14.99.

get_image1.jpg

Star Ocean III: Til the End of Time Director's Cut
Japan gets their first PS2 on PS4 title! Star Ocean III is now available to download on the Japanese PSN store for 3024 Yen (~£22). Note that this is in Japanese only. There will be an English version to follow, given the Trophies have been leaked and Til the End of Time has been trademarked.

Coming Soon | Actually Confirmed

All four Jak & Daxter games from the PlayStation 2 era will be remastered as part of the PS2 on PS4 service. All four will also be released this year. The games includes are as follows:
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  • Jak II
  • Jak 3
  • Jak X: Combat Racing
It's worth noting that Jak 1 to 3 did receive a HD collection for the PlayStation 3. However Jak X has never been re-released prior, so this will be the first time newcomers will be able to play the game if they missed out on the PS2 version.

Coming Soon | Rating Leak

79470_front.jpg

SNK's next title has been revealed, thanks to a PEGI rating that just cropped up. The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match is coming to PlayStation 4. This instalment comes with both the original and updated versions of KoF 1998; the updated version features more characters in the roster. This game has seen an English release in both North America and Europe.

New Addition | Available Starting 9th May

34412945676_1564a01764.jpg

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
Natsume promised more titles for the PS2 on PS4 service and they have delivered. Save the Homeland was rated a while back alongside A Wonderful Life so it's now arriving to the store. The game was released in 2001 and I believe has never been made available in Europe. North American owners also had access to this game on the PlayStation 3's PS2 classics service.

34412945546_d765c7b622.jpg

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
A random appearance that came out of nowhere, Capcom have ventured into the PS2 on PS4 service with their first title - another release of Resident Evil: Code Veronica X. The game did receive a HD remaster for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 but it seems we may be getting the original PS2 version using the PS2 on PS4 emulator instead. This isn't the first time we have seen this happen, as Naughty Dog will also be doing this to the Jak & Daxter trilogy coming later this year. Code Veronica X was released on the PS2 back in 2001.

I wish that Namco would get on board with this service, Tales of the Abyss and Legendia would both be great additions along with Klonoa 2.

150131-Art_of_Fighting_Anthology_(USA)-1.jpg

Another SNK's next title has been revealed, thanks to PEGI rating once again. Art of Fighting Anthology is coming to PlayStation 4. This instalment comes with Art of Fighting, Art of Fighting 2, and Art of Fighting 3: The Path of the Warrior. This game has seen an English release in both North America and Europe.

New Addition | Available Starting 23rd May

get_image1.jpg

Star Ocean III: Til the End of Time
Square Enix's first PS2 on PS4 title finally hits the west with Star Ocean III. The game was already confirmed for an English version after the game was rated and trademarked. The original PS2 version did see a release in both North America and Europe, and this is also Square Enix's first Platinum Hits HD line-up. Prices have been confirmed for $20.99 in North America so far.

New Addition | Available Starting 23rd May

437101-h1.jpg

Eternal Ring
From Software's first PS2 on PS4 title finally sees a release after having the trophy list unveiled for a fair while now. The original PS2 version did see a release in both North America and Europe. Expect a challenge with this title as From Software are known for doing that.

If i'm not mistaken Eternal Ring is pretty much King's Field lite. I tried it a bit but it didn't seem very good so i moved on.

Just a heads up, it has been confirmed that Eternal Ring has been patched to fix the game breaking bug related to an area that is required to continue the game's progression.

Just a heads up, it has been confirmed that Eternal Ring has been patched to fix the game breaking bug related to an area that is required to continue the game's progression.

Pity they wont fix things like the Demon shaft in Darkcloud !

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X got a HD remaster on PS3 ? i throught it was just lazy port / PS2 classic ? :confused:

New Addition | Available Starting 22nd August

36617792795_358a7d6cb4.jpg

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
As revealed earlier in the year, Jak & Daxter games are coming to PlayStation 4 under the PS2 on PS4 label. The first game will be released this week, in fact it'll be free to anyone who pre-orders Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

It's abit weird they would release these as they already gave them HD remasters.

Apparently Naughty Dog didn't feel the HD versions were up to par, something to do with some glitches and texture issues affecting one of the games. In return they're offering Jak X for the PS2 on PS4 service which has some benefits (as one console version wasn't compatible due to a game breaking bug I believe).

Resident Evil Code Veronica X was also a similar case, Capcom felt the HD version wasn't up to par especially with lighting so they simply brought the original PS2 version over.

If Konami had a heart they should do the same for Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3 and Zone of the Enders 1.

New Addition | Available Starting 30th August

35947599164_2ebcd90240.jpg

Art of Fighting Anthology
Revealed a couple months back via rating boards, SNK's latest PS2 compilation title is coming to PlayStation 4 under the PS2 on PS4 label. Art of Fighting Anthology is a collection of games from the Art of Fighting franchise; offering Art of Fighting, Art of Fighting 2, and Art of Fighting 3: The Path of the Warrior together.

New Addition | Available Now!

1.jpg

Red Faction II
Rated a very long time ago by THQ Nordic, Red Faction II makes a sneaky appearance onto the European PlayStation store. The prices are £11.99 and $14.99.

gta-lcs-vcs-covers_960.0.jpg

To everyone's surprise, Rockstar Games returns with not one but four titles coming to the PlayStation 2 on PS4 service. This is all thanks to a bunch of rating leaks by the ESRB.

The titles rated are as follows:
  • Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
  • Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
  • Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition

Back